Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Ratings.

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Unlike some I fully understand that a 2 nil lead is deceptive, and when a team pulls one goal back the game changes and its difficult. Teams coming back to get a point from two goals down is not unusual. What annoys me more, is when we go two nil down we don't often turn it around ourselves.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Lucky we don't go 2-0 down very often then
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:31 pm Unlike some I fully understand that a 2 nil lead is deceptive, and when a team pulls one goal back the game changes and its difficult. Teams coming back to get a point from two goals down is not unusual. What annoys me more, is when we go two nil down we don't often turn it around ourselves.
Harrogate came back from 0-2 down against Wimbledon
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:31 pm What annoys me more, is when we go two nil down we don't often turn it around ourselves.
Agreed, all those times we go 2-0 down and we never come back.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

When Kelman came on and motioned to Soteriou to go wide Ruel pulled a bit of a face and I don't blame him. What is Wellens thinking of ? The player gets two first half goals from a central position and then gets shoved out on the wing. If need be stick Kelman out wide if Ruel is doing the business. Ridiculous decision in my opinion.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:31 pm Unlike some I fully understand that a 2 nil lead is deceptive, and when a team pulls one goal back the game changes and its difficult. Teams coming back to get a point from two goals down is not unusual. What annoys me more, is when we go two nil down we don't often turn it around ourselves.
We've lost 5 times this season ffs.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:12 am When Kelman came on and motioned to Soteriou to go wide Ruel pulled a bit of a face and I don't blame him. What is Wellens thinking of ? The player gets two first half goals from a central position and then gets shoved out on the wing. If need be stick Kelman out wide if Ruel is doing the business. Ridiculous decision in my opinion.
:lol:

We needed to replace Sadlier, the only way to do it was to brink Kelman on and push Ruel out wide.

(I guess Wellens could have put Sweeney out wide but I think he wanted to make a point of hooking him after his balls up in their goal).
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Ruel is half the player he can be out wide. He can play wide no better than Kelman. Let’s stop pretending he’s a winger, he’s not. The lad needs to be played in his preferred position.

Sadlier not yet done it for me. Glimpses but not enough. Needs to up his game.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

The players that play in those wide positions are not really 'wingers'.

He absolutely can play out there as he has shown this season. The only point I'd make is he is better on the left, cutting in onto his right, than he is out on the right where he went on Monday.

Agreed on Sadlier.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:53 am
Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:12 am When Kelman came on and motioned to Soteriou to go wide Ruel pulled a bit of a face and I don't blame him. What is Wellens thinking of ? The player gets two first half goals from a central position and then gets shoved out on the wing. If need be stick Kelman out wide if Ruel is doing the business. Ridiculous decision in my opinion.

We needed to replace Sadlier, the only way to do it was to brink Kelman on and push Ruel out wide.

(I guess Wellens could have put Sweeney out wide but I think he wanted to make a point of hooking him after his balls up in their goal).
Or Duke Mckenna
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

I just knew you would come up with an explanation.. :) so , like I said then, stick Kelman out wide, not Sotariou.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Story of O wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:02 pm

Or Duke Mckenna
I agree, would like to see more of Duke Mckenna. Unfortunately not had much of a run.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:08 pm

I just knew you would come up with an explanation.. :) so , like I said then, stick Kelman out wide, not Sotariou.
I think the thing with RW is that he doesn’t want to be told what to do, especially by supporters. That’s his stubborn side unfortunately but give him his due he’s got most things right this season. Think deep down he knows that Drinnan and Kelman are not up to it,but he’s not going to publicly say it. As for Ruel playing down the middle there’s no argument at the moment that he’s our better option,his confidence must be sky high,so let’s hope Wellens stubbornness doesn’t get in the way🙊
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

But Kelman absolutely isn't a wide player. He can't do what Ruel can on the ball.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:21 pm
I think the thing with RW is that he doesn’t want to be told what to do, especially by supporters. That’s his stubborn side unfortunately but give him his due he’s got most things right this season. Think deep down he knows that Drinnan and Kelman are not up to it,but he’s not going to publicly say it. As for Ruel playing down the middle there’s no argument at the moment that he’s our better option,his confidence must be sky high,so let’s hope Wellens stubbornness doesn’t get in the way🙊
:lol: I'm pretty sure he doesn't base his team selection on the opposite of what we all suggest on here, just to be contrary.

He may well think Drinnan and Kelman are not 'up to it' but they are all we have to work with for various reasons. Ruel will struggle to play the solo front man in some games, if Sutton play anything like they did in the national league, Saturday may be one of those occassions.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

I agree with your comment about Ruel being basically out muscled against more physical teams Trump, but as I said at the moment he’s our best option imo. Your other point about Wellens doing the opposite to what supports say, I standby, look back at some interviews and he gets the right hump when questioned about Ruel playing down the middle 🙊
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:34 am
Well in none of those 5 games have we looked like getting back into the game, but I was really talking about the other 50 years I've been watching.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:14 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:34 am
Well in none of those 5 games have we looked like getting back into the game, but I was really talking about the other 50 years I've been watching.

This has to be one of the silliest whines yet. You're annoyed that our sample size of defeats is tiny this season so we can prove some ridiculous point about valiantly fighting back into games, but also that this team is somehow responsible for Orient being sh*t for the last 50 years?
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:26 pm

But Kelman absolutely isn't a wide player. He can't do what Ruel can on the ball.
No he absolutely isn't, but it's worth taking a punt and sticking him out there (at least he's got pace) rather than sacrifice a players position who has put us 2-0 up at half time with both goals.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:43 pm No he absolutely isn't, but it's worth taking a punt and sticking him out there (at least he's got pace) rather than sacrifice a players position who has put us 2-0 up at half time with both goals.
But Ruel's second half performance had contributed to us being pegged back to 2-2.

Just as at Salford, Harrogate pressed us high and stopped us playing out. Ruel is useless as a front man when that's happening.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:21 pm

Were we not calling for a manager to have control, get the players he wants play the players he wants etc . Fans being fickle is 1 thing, this is just laughable now .
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

TP.....And Kelman is that much better..? So in your book, although Sotariou got both our goals this was cancelled out because he was largely responsible for Harrogate scoring twice ! Ok, lets just leave it at that... bottom line is, I say he should have stayed in the middle and you don't.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

CCH... No, Kelman isn't that much better as an outlet when we go more direct, although he does chase defenders down more. The only option we have to fit that bill is Drinnan and he's injured (and lacking confidence).

Whatever happened in the first half was gone, the game had changed, we had to get some more legs in the midfield.

I make Wellens right.