Exiles thread - Harrogate (H)

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Exiles thread - Harrogate (H)

Post by Mistadobalina »

Also, every fan that booed at the end is a complete f*cking div. After the last week we've had, where we've beaten two of the best teams in the division and gotten within 5 points of sealing promotion, the sense of entitlement to whine after that is embarrassing.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Stan1972 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:05 pm People need to chill out, yes after being 2-0 up at HT and cruising, it looked like we would go on and win 3 or 4 nil, but credit Harrogate, 2nd half they came out fighting!
Might only be a draw, but it’s 12 unbeaten, 1 more game and 1 more point towards promotion to L1.
Teams at the bottom of league are fighting for their lives.
Frustrating but that’s football.
I think digging out RW or any of the players is completely wrong, get behind your club.
Very fair comment Stan,but why do we let teams get back at us after cruising games? It’s just the frustration
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Stan1972 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:08 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:06 pm A draw is fine. Over a 46 game season you're going to have freak occurrences like that. But McCart isn't a good enough defender, no matter how decent he is on the ball, and Sweeney needs to iron out those errors from his game.

Disappointing but really doubt it'll have much significance in the end.
100% disagree, McCart was out best defender today, sorry but that is utter rubbish, did you watch the game?
He gave away the freekick that led to the goal in a really stupid manner, he was obviously targeted in the second as their little man up top had the beating of him physically and generally looked wobbly under pressure. He's been poor for us, can see there's a technically sound player in there but he's not been reliable enough as a defender.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

gshaw wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:08 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:06 pm A draw is fine. Over a 46 game season you're going to have freak occurrences like that. But McCart isn't a good enough defender, no matter how decent he is on the ball, and Sweeney needs to iron out those errors from his game.

Depends if you only care for promotion or want the title
8 points from the remaining 6 games and we're guaranteed to be Champions regardless of any other teams' results. We've gaine8 points in the last 4 games
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Big positives to come out of todays game.
Ruel was very lively & scored a brace
Smyth looks back to his best
McCart got 90 mins and had a good game
Sadlier had his best game in an O’s shirt, very unlucky to be subbed off.
Plus we are scoring goals again
Still unbeaten in 12
1 game & 1 more point towards L1
COYO’s in RW we trust
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Thommo would have to be disappointed with MCcart playing in front of him. I didn’t think he was terrible today but he loses the odd header and isn’t better than what we already have. I can only assume Ogie is injured as he is significantly better than McCart in my view.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

gshaw wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:08 pm

Depends if you only care for promotion or want the title
If we don't win the league, we'd need to completely sh*t the bed in the next 6 games and go on an unprecedented run of terrible form. That's possible obviously but today will not be why we could hypothetically blow the league.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:11 pm

100% disagree, McCart was out best defender today, sorry but that is utter rubbish, did you watch the game?
He gave away the freekick that led to the goal in a really stupid manner, he was obviously targeted in the second as their little man up top had the beating of him physically and generally looked wobbly under pressure. He's been poor for us, can see there's a technically sound player in there but he's not been reliable enough as a defender.
McCart may have given away a free kick, but he was not at fault for the goal, the free kick was a quality delivery, that led to a goal, sometimes you need to hold up your hands and respect a quality delivery and good goal without blaming anyone.
McCart was confident, composed and played the ball out from defence well today, football is a game of opinions, but in my opinion McCart was by far our best defender today.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Stan1972 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:15 pm Big positives to come out of todays game.
Still unbeaten in 12
COYO’s in RW we trust
Big negatives
We failed to slaughter the opposition.
We gave away two points against a very poor side, no change there.
We disappointed our own home fans yet again.
We are no longer 10 points clear.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

PoundhillO wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:20 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:15 pm Big positives to come out of todays game.
Still unbeaten in 12
COYO’s in RW we trust
Big negatives
For 45 mins we did completely dominate the opposition, but credit Harrogate they came out fighting in the 2nd half, and were a different team.
If you watched the game and analyse the entire 90mins, it’s a point gained not 2 lost, as Harrogate had chances to win the game.
I’m a fan and I’m not disappointed, frustrated yes, but I’m not disappointed, those fans who booed should hold their heads in shame.
Unbeaten run goes on, and it’s another point towards promotion, L1 next season, hopefully as L2 Champions!
We are 8 points clear with 1 game in hand, with 6 games to play!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Stan1972 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:19 pm
McCart may have given away a free kick, but he was not at fault for the goal, the free kick was a quality delivery, that led to a goal, sometimes you need to hold up your hands and respect a quality delivery and good goal without blaming anyone.
McCart was confident, composed and played the ball out from defence well today, football is a game of opinions, but in my opinion McCart was by far our best defender today.
Soon as he gets put under any sort of pressure he (and then the rest of the defense) look really wobbly. Hope Turns is back for next game.
Last edited by gshaw on Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Properly weird game. I haven’t seen us dominate a half like that first half for ages and i haven’t seen players completely forget how to play football in the 2nd. Won’t affect our promotion but something mentally missing from the squad that needs fixing. Rixhie was doing his absolute nut most of the 2nd half and as good as Beckles has been, he’s gonna get a roasting in the dressing room. Still, onwards and upwards
Last edited by Rich Tea Wellin on Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Pretty obvious what the "technical issues" preventing us from hearing from RW straight after the game were then 😆
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

PoundhillO wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:20 pm
Still unbeaten in 12
COYO’s in RW we trust
Big negatives
We’re not a panic stations but there is something seriously wrong,this as happened far to many times of late, if it only occurred once or twice but it hasn’t. We seem to be a one half team,weather it’s a fitness problem or a concentration problem it’s something RW needs to address if not this season certainly for next. You can’t play like Brazil one half and Rag Arse Rovers the next🙊
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Bang on the money despite what the " everything's fine and you're just a load of doom merchants " brigade have to say.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

7 points in the last week, 6 of which came against a team in 4th with ten men and the other against the then form team of the division and top scorers who we got a clean sheet against. we haven't lost since late January.

If you can't appreciate what we're doing this season, do have to ask why you bother.
Neptune's Spear
Fresh Alias

Post by Neptune's Spear »

Had we drawn at Salford and beaten Harrogate, we'd all be on a high. It's the same 4 points
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Given the the opponents' respective positions, I'm happy enough with the way it turned out.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Having seen McCart play for us two or three times before I was hoping he wouldn't play for us again . After watching him again today he hasn't changed my mind . if he's a Championship standard defender then so is Happe , Thompson and Ogie . WTF is Ogie . ? Play him instead and send McCarthorse back to Rotherham . What's really irritating me tonight is if we hadn't thrown away 4 points from winning positions against Colchester and Harrogate we'd be a League 1 team this evening .
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

So easy to single out 1 player for criticism, which is completely unjustified, did you fans who are singling out McCart, actually watch the game?
I suppose you doom and gloom negative fans have to have something to moan about.
Not happy unless we are winning 3 or 4 nil, which we haven’t done all season.
Watch the game back and tell me who Orients best defender was today, it wasn’t Hunt, it wasn’t Beckles and it definitely wasn’t Sweeney.
🤔🤔🤔
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

I thought McCart had a pretty good game.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stan1972 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:19 pm So easy to single out 1 player for criticism, which is completely unjustified, did you fans who are singling out McCart, actually watch the game?
I suppose you doom and gloom negative fans have to have something to moan about.
Not happy unless we are winning 3 or 4 nil, which we haven’t done all season.
Watch the game back and tell me who Orients best defender was today, it wasn’t Hunt, it wasn’t Beckles and it definitely wasn’t Sweeney.
🤔🤔🤔
I suppose it's all about opinions but sorry I just don't rate McCart.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Mccart has a reputation so it doesn’t matter to some people how he plays. Tbf he won’t have an easier half than the first half. Didn’t have a great second but no one did.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

McCart played fine if not well, Wellens has done a brilliant job but his subs are poor, he has his favourites and can't deviate from them

He killed us when he made the subs, he made the pitch so narrow, Smyth on the right, burning the full back and crossing it, switches him to the left, so he has to cut in, then Ruel after scoring now then on the right wing but not even really playing there, it just killed the team
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:28 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:19 pm

Soon as he gets put under any sort of pressure he (and then the rest of the defense) look really wobbly. Hope Turns is back for next game.
So do I .