Football club accounts filed with Companies House

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

spen666
Regular
Regular

Re: Football club accounts filed with Companies House

Post by spen666 »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:56 pm
spen666 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:12 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:41 am

No it hasn't, the increases are nowhere near the same level.

How can we be owed over £1m from 'trade sales' at 30/6/22? Transfer fees?
Trade Debtors increased by approx £800k
Creditors increased by approx £900k

See notes 5 and 6 -it is all creditors figure not trade creditors figure

The point I made still remains
No, what you meant to type is 'Sorry, I got it wrong'. It is genuinely ok to admit to having made a mistake. The world will not collapse as the result of such an admission.

Trade debtors has increased by £809,667 (£1,135,370 - £325,703)

Trade creditors has increased by £387,169 (£561,802 - £174,633)

Even the most cantankerous old **** would be unable to argue these increases are similar.

I corrected in my last post I was referring to Creditors not trade creditors
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:44 am Kinda mind boggling that £7.9 million isn't enough to buy a team that absolutely walks it at a league 2 level. The amount of money in football is ridiculous.

Really hope a fair whack of that loss is in longer term investments that will generate more income and make us more sustainable, as you have to wonder how long our board will be happy to subsidise that much loss every season. Makes me a bit nervous to think we're that much of a financial mess really. If we became self funding, we'd probably have the budget for a midtable league 2 team that would need to be seriously smart in how it invested to even think about getting out of the division.
Honestly, the amount of money we spunked in the first three seasons back in the League would have been enough to make most normal investors rage. At the time though, most of the fans were giving it "just lucky to have a club" "we're just wickle weyton owient" "Ross is doing his best" "we're still grieving" "do you want the Italians back?" "Lingy is a club legend" etc, not noticing that we had one of the biggest budgets in the division and were returning midtable finishes every time. You can probably excuse the first season in the circumstances, but the second and third were an appalling under-performance for all the dough that was getting ploughed in.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

spen666 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:00 pm
spen666 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:12 pm
Trade Debtors increased by approx £800k
Creditors increased by approx £900k

See notes 5 and 6 -it is all creditors figure not trade creditors figure

The point I made still remains
No, what you meant to type is 'Sorry, I got it wrong'. It is genuinely ok to admit to having made a mistake. The world will not collapse as the result of such an admission.

Even the most cantankerous old **** would be unable to argue these increases are similar.

:lol:
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

OyinbO wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:20 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:44 am Kinda mind boggling that £7.9 million isn't enough to buy a team that absolutely walks it at a league 2 level. The amount of money in football is ridiculous.

Really hope a fair whack of that loss is in longer term investments that will generate more income and make us more sustainable, as you have to wonder how long our board will be happy to subsidise that much loss every season. Makes me a bit nervous to think we're that much of a financial mess really. If we became self funding, we'd probably have the budget for a midtable league 2 team that would need to be seriously smart in how it invested to even think about getting out of the division.
Honestly, the amount of money we spunked in the first three seasons back in the League would have been enough to make most normal investors rage. At the time though, most of the fans were giving it "just lucky to have a club" "we're just wickle weyton owient" "Ross is doing his best" "we're still grieving" "do you want the Italians back?" "Lingy is a club legend" etc, not noticing that we had one of the biggest budgets in the division and were returning midtable finishes every time. You can probably excuse the first season in the circumstances, but the second and third were an appalling under-performance for all the dough that was getting ploughed in.
Correct.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

I think last season they did the right 'sorts of things' for the most part - we had expensive squad and an experienced manager with an excellent track record. It didn't work out and that can happen in football. Agreed that we fluffed it second season, bizarre recruitment policy and a manager that seemed to be a good guy but clearly not cut out for it.

I've said it before but my worry remains that for all the talk of emulating Brentford and doing things smart, not expensively, our strategy seems to be spend big and hope the people you have at the club have the right networks to bring in decent players. There's still a lot that can go wrong with that approach so they deserve credit for appointing Wellens, but we're not exactly signing diamonds in the rough we could sell on for big money. If push came to shove, which of our squad would fetch serious cash? Vigs, maybe Happe and Ogie at some point, and that's it. Our best two players aren't gonna be here next season most likely.

Obviously promotion is the main target at the moment and if we get that, huge credit to the board. Maybe they have a big plan to kick on from there, and the gates this season suggests they are getting some of the commercial growth going which is vital. But I'm not really convinced we've got a particular innovative or forward thinking approach to growing sustainably, despite the progressive veneer having a DoF gives us.

Not slagging the board off, but we've seen too many times what happens when a benefactor suddenly turns the taps off and what we'd ideally see is a clear strategy for growing the club to be competitive and self sustaining. Travis has a lot riding on this football governance review which I fear may leave him disappointed in terms of redistribution.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Lingy is old school. We're not going to be the next innovative break-through club with him at the helm.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:14 pm

I think last season they did the right 'sorts of things' for the most part - we had expensive squad and an experienced manager with an excellent track record. It didn't work out and that can happen in football. Agreed that we fluffed it second season, bizarre recruitment policy and a manager that seemed to be a good guy but clearly not cut out for it.

I've said it before but my worry remains that for all the talk of emulating Brentford and doing things smart, not expensively, our strategy seems to be spend big and hope the people you have at the club have the right networks to bring in decent players. There's still a lot that can go wrong with that approach so they deserve credit for appointing Wellens, but we're not exactly signing diamonds in the rough we could sell on for big money. If push came to shove, which of our squad would fetch serious cash? Vigs, maybe Happe and Ogie at some point, and that's it. Our best two players aren't gonna be here next season most likely.

Obviously promotion is the main target at the moment and if we get that, huge credit to the board. Maybe they have a big plan to kick on from there, and the gates this season suggests they are getting some of the commercial growth going which is vital. But I'm not really convinced we've got a particular innovative or forward thinking approach to growing sustainably, despite the progressive veneer having a DoF gives us.

Not slagging the board off, but we've seen too many times what happens when a benefactor suddenly turns the taps off and what we'd ideally see is a clear strategy for growing the club to be competitive and self sustaining. Travis has a lot riding on this football governance review which I fear may leave him disappointed in terms of redistribution.
You make a good point about developing players. They'll still be hoping that they can start pulling that off - we haven't really done that yet, unless you count Koroma, Kyprianou, or maybe Ekpiteta, and the mark-ups on those still haven't really touched the sides of the operating losses.

They might as well have stuck with Jobi for all the joy they had with Jackett. Agree that it superficially ticked all the boxes, and obvs hindsight is 20/20, but it still feels like they were too keen to impress the fans with a "statement" appointment and yield to all the clamour for an experienced manager. That was an over-reaction to and consequence of them wasting so much time with an inexperienced and fundamentally unsuitable one. But eventually we got there, it just happened to cost them a bundle, and us 2 extra years of our lives. Mind you, given most of it was in lockdown, maybe none of it really mattered...

The sustainability point is key here - right now that seems to rest on growing and sweating the fanbase. Fair enough, you might say, except how much scope is left there in a world where most of us are getting poorer and further promotions will be much much harder to come by.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

In a massive growth area population and disposable income wise, at a time where English football is only getting more popular and lucrative. That's the dream these investors will have been sold. There's a reason why American money is popping up throughout the football league, it's cheap to buy clubs here cause the pound has tanked, so for not that much risk, you could get incredible upside. In theory anyway...
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Oyinbo, explain what you mean by "sweating the fanbase".....
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

LittleMate wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:55 pm Oyinbo, explain what you mean by "sweating the fanbase".....
40% increases in ST prices.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:54 pm In a massive growth area population and disposable income wise, at a time where English football is only getting more popular and lucrative. That's the dream these investors will have been sold. There's a reason why American money is popping up throughout the football league, it's cheap to buy clubs here cause the pound has tanked, so for not that much risk, you could get incredible upside. In theory anyway...
We're not in a bad place, all told. I know we've all been waiting for the football bubble to burst for years, and it hasn't happened yet - but it looks more fragile than ever at the moment. That said, there's still plenty of potential where Orient is, and even in the worst recessions, there's someone doing well out of it.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

OyinbO wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:20 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:54 pm In a massive growth area population and disposable income wise, at a time where English football is only getting more popular and lucrative. That's the dream these investors will have been sold. There's a reason why American money is popping up throughout the football league, it's cheap to buy clubs here cause the pound has tanked, so for not that much risk, you could get incredible upside. In theory anyway...
We're not in a bad place, all told. I know we've all been waiting for the football bubble to burst for years, and it hasn't happened yet - but it looks more fragile than ever at the moment. That said, there's still plenty of potential where Orient is, and even in the worst recessions, there's someone doing well out of it.
Thank god for that for a minute there i was thinking you were about to say we are technically insolvent and down to our last 3 mill.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:01 pm
LittleMate wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:55 pm Oyinbo, explain what you mean by "sweating the fanbase".....
40% increases in ST prices.
Who asked you :D that is unless you have an alternative alias.....
Last edited by LittleMate on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:42 pm
OyinbO wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:20 pm
Thank god for that for a minute there i was thinking you were about to say we are technically insolvent and down to our last 3 mill.
That’s enough to last us 16 months.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

16 months from 1 July 2022 so only 7 months left. Panic!
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:23 pm
spen666 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:00 pm

:lol:
I see that Spen has gone from trying to discredit the claims sexual abuse victims to misquoting financial documents.