Ogie

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Ogie

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

What the actual f is going on with the kid?

Is he injured?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Ogie

Post by gshaw »

The biggest mystery of yesterday was why he wasn't in the squad. Wondering if he played in the Southend reserves game and got a knock?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I suspect he’s been left out purely to get McCart-horse in the squad.

Absolutely idiotic decision if so.
Mickys Bullock
Fresh Alias

Post by Mickys Bullock »

The idiotic sending off in the last game of last season has had serious repercussions for him.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

How so?
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

RW seems to have his favourites, and not favourites
Favourites will be Drinan, Hunt
Non Favourites will be Ogie, Thompson
I suspect all managers favour some players over others, but Richies choices are starting to worry me a bit
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

There is no option to Drinnan up front. That’s different.
Mickys Bullock
Fresh Alias

Post by Mickys Bullock »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:31 am How so?
Lost his place, Happe took his chance. Form and injuries have conspired against him.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Thompson should be in the squad
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

Surely Wellens' biggest favourite is Sotiriou. Week after week he contributes nothing and yet he still gets in the side. Yesterday, even after 5 substitutes were used, somehow he was still on the pitch at the end. Unbelievable.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Ruel was awful. I am sure he is fantastic on the training pitch because RW keeps going on about it. Mccart had a decent game or two when he first came and I felt a bit sorry for him. He shouldn’t have been put into that position by Wellens then Turns. Ogie should be playing games.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Highwood Man wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:07 am Surely Wellens' biggest favourite is Sotiriou. Week after week he contributes nothing and yet he still gets in the side. Yesterday, even after 5 substitutes were used, somehow he was still on the pitch at the end. Unbelievable.
100% agree with this, Ruel was awful, along with Drinan.
We played with 9 men yesterday, and that is no exaggeration.
Drinan
Did not win any headers
Did not hold the ball up
Did not contribute anything
Set up Hartlepool with more passes then he did his teammates
Ruel
Run and lost the ball every time
Gave the ball away every time he got it
Did not contribute anything

Both players were a waste of space yesterday.
We played with 9 men and still got a point.
Somehow RW has got to get these players contributing in a game, as we need these players between now and end of season.
How I don’t know!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:14 am Ruel was awful. I am sure he is fantastic on the training pitch because RW keeps going on about it. Mccart had a decent game or two when he first came and I felt a bit sorry for him. He shouldn’t have been put into that position by Wellens then Turns. Ogie should be playing games.
What were the decent games McCart had for us? He played twice as far as I remember - Stevenage and Tranmere - and was awful in both (although Stevenage was the only one I watched in the flesh).

Why did you feel sorry for him yesterday? He should be able to fill in at left back for 10 mins.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

Ogie showed last season he can be very good as a left sided central defender in a back three. It seems to me that RW sees him as less effective in a flat back four which we tend to play.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

If you are coming on for 10 minutes, back from injury and it’s backs to the wall the last place you want to be is out of position in the full back position. If you are going to make a mistake that’s the most likely place to do it. If he came on for 10 minutes for Drinnan up front, you would have forgotten he was one of the subs. Of course, he is a professional and a defender so my argument is a bit crapp but that substitution should never have been made. The old adage in football about changing the back 4/5 and especially the full backs unless you really have to. Was Sweeney playing that badly? Anyway, if we had Ogie on the bench it should have been him coming on and it probably wouldn’t have happened.
I thought he played well in at least one of those games you mentioned but my memory isn’t what it used to be. Could be wrong. Mcarthorse is defo funny so let’s stick with that.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Beradogs wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:24 pm If you are coming on for 10 minutes, back from injury and it’s backs to the wall the last place you want to be is out of position in the full back position. If you are going to make a mistake that’s the most likely place to do it. If he came on for 10 minutes for Drinnan up front, you would have forgotten he was one of the subs. Of course, he is a professional and a defender so my argument is a bit crapp but anyway, that substitution should never have been made. The old adage in football about changing the back 4/5 and especially the full backs unless you really have to. Was Sweeney playing that badly? Anyway, if we had Ogie on the bench it should have been him coming on and it probably wouldn’t have happened.
I thought he played well in at least one of those games you mentioned but my memory isn’t what it used to be. Could be wrong. Mcarthorse is defo funny so let’s stick with that.
Sorry, don’t buy that.

If he’d been brought on to play out from the back or asked to bomb on and overlap, fair enough. But all he had to do was sit tight and defend, exactly the same demands as a CB.

In fact, when he made the howler for the goal he was effectively playing as CB as Turns had gone out wide left. There are no excuses.

We should cut our losses and pack him off back to Rotherham asap and get Ogie back in the squad, if not the team.
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

Spot on Beradogs
Bewildering substitution from RW, effed up on subs two weeks running.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

redintheface wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:21 pm Ogie showed last season he can be very good as a left sided central defender in a back three. It seems to me that RW sees him as less effective in a flat back four which we tend to play.
As a sub, Ogie is far more versatile, can play CB, LB or even midfield if absolutely needed.

And if you’re up against it in the last few minutes and need to see a game out, I’d much rather have Ogie come in to help fend off an aerial bombardment than f*cking McCart.

It just doesn’t make any sense.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Shad can easily play left back. He’s good on the ball, good in the air and more than quick enough. He should be in the team. He is very decent and very strong defensively. Said previously that he’s had a wasted season. I like him and think he’s got a decent future in the game.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

DrWindy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:20 pm Shad can easily play left back. He’s good on the ball, good in the air and more than quick enough. He should be in the team. He is very decent and very strong defensively. Said previously that he’s had a wasted season. I like him and think he’s got a decent future in the game.
Wellens obviously doesn’t.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Should be in the squad, and team, imo

Decent at both CB and LB.
Always referred to as 'good young player', but for me, just a good player.

Too many journeymen (McCart) getting the nod over him. Like Happe, he's one of our own and good to have home-grown players playing.
Orient Punxx
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Orient Punxx »

Can only think that he was injured for yesterday’s game.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Ogie isn't one of the gaffer's favourites, so that's why he's out.
He'd be in the team every week if I was in charge
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

I would have said that Ogie was either injured or ill on saturday as no way would Richie have included McCart over Ogie, but then he did decide to not only bring on two players that have just come back from injury, but played them both in unnatural positions.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

No one has mentioned an injury or illness.