Would you take the draw?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

OKPete
Fresh Alias

Re: Would you take the draw?

Post by OKPete »

On the Harrogate coverage JE talked about always going for the win. I know that’s a bit of a cliche but it’s that sort of attitude that champions have and I think that we’ll be positive against Solihull. You’d expect them to come at us from the word go but we have the best defence in the league and players that can hit them on the break. I’d like to see Turley back at RWB and Brophy pushed forward with JMD dropping to the bench.

But yeah, I suppose I’d take the draw.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

OKPete wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:23 pm On the Harrogate coverage JE talked about always going for the win. I know that’s a bit of a cliche but it’s that sort of attitude that champions have and I think that we’ll be positive against Solihull. You’d expect them to come at us from the word go but we have the best defence in the league and players that can hit them on the break. I’d like to see Turley back at RWB and Brophy pushed forward with JMD dropping to the bench.

But yeah, I suppose I’d take the draw.
Agree with the line up, definitely.
Rambling Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Rambling Man »

69Chevy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:05 pm We need to win.
A draw and a narrow win against Braintree may not be enough.
Please do correct my maths, but if goal difference is equal (Salford to get 2-0 and 3-0 wins is not beyond the bounds of possibility) I think it then goes down to goals scored.
Having to get 2 or 3 goals against Briantree would be exciting, but I am still haunted by the Villa game.
Of course, we will win the play offs, but I quite fancy a proper Double.
This - apart from the play-offs bit.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

I agree go for a win.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

The question was. Would you take the draw. I can guarantee that if you offered Justin a draw now he would do in a heartbeat. If we draw and assuming Salford don’t win the last two by loads a win in the last game and we win the league. At home, against Braintree. The only difference a win on Monday would make (again assuming Salford win) is that we could possibly draw against Braintree. The risk is about us losing to Solihull and it’s out of our hands. Therefore, would you take a draw now is a no brainer as it would eliminate that. It’s still in our hands against Braintree at home. If we can’t beat Braintree at home in front of a full house then we don’t deserve to go up as champions.
Fatbaz
Fresh Alias

Post by Fatbaz »

EH16 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am No. Playing for the draw would be disastrous. Lets win it and put this title to bed.
I don't think that the OP was suggesting that the team should play for a draw. I understood the question to simply ask whether a draw would be acceptable. Playing for a draw is a very dangerous tactic - I'm sure we'd all agree on that. My own belief is that JE will set up the team with a 'safety-first' approach. As has been said elsewhere, Solihull have to take the initiative. As has also been said, we do have the players to mount good counter-attacks and we may have to bide our time before such a chance comes along.
I agree with those who've said that they'd take a draw right now - I certainly would.
I'd also agree that if we can't beat an already relegated team on our own turf, on the final day, in front of a fervent crowd, then maybe, we're not quite championship material yet.
Howling Mad Murdock
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Howling Mad Murdock »

If we don't beat Braintree at home means we had another bad day at the office.We've had a few of them this season but it's the seasons work which does it.
Saying we don't deserve to go up beacuse we didn't beat Braintree is a bit of baloney to be honest.IMHO.
Who knows what Braintree will bring at the end of the season.There have been giant killing acts before.(No disrespect to Braintree)
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

It is not outside the realms of impossibility.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Fatbaz wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:56 pm
EH16 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:02 am No. Playing for the draw would be disastrous. Lets win it and put this title to bed.
I don't think that the OP was suggesting that the team should play for a draw. I understood the question to simply ask whether a draw would be acceptable. Playing for a draw is a very dangerous tactic - I'm sure we'd all agree on that. My own belief is that JE will set up the team with a 'safety-first' approach. As has been said elsewhere, Solihull have to take the initiative. As has also been said, we do have the players to mount good counter-attacks and we may have to bide our time before such a chance comes along.
I agree with those who've said that they'd take a draw right now - I certainly would.
I'd also agree that if we can't beat an already relegated team on our own turf, on the final day, in front of a fervent crowd, then maybe, we're not quite championship material yet.
Yes, you’re right. I’m not suggesting we play for a draw, just that we dont go out all guns blazing like we did against say Salford at home, or Harrogate on Friday. But I’m advocating a slightly more defensive line up with Turley in for Brophy from the start. And if we’re drawing with 5 minutes to go, keep the big lads back. That sort of thing.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Such negativity. It's in the bag.
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Go for a win- Make a statement.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Can we take the draw right now?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

RientO wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 pm Can we take the draw right now?
We've got it now.

And before anyone asks...yes we all would take a draw against Braintree.
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:01 pm
RientO wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:34 pm Can we take the draw right now?
We've got it now.

And before anyone asks...yes we all would take a draw against Braintree.
As long as it ain’t 5-5 with Orient losing going into injury time.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

A 4-5 loss might still be good for the goals scored tiebreaker though 👍