Season Ticket Prices 2023/24

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Re: Season Ticket Prices 2023/24

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Proposition Joe wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:13 pm How can you say the advertising isn't for the fans? How else would we have learned of the existence of HarryKane.com?
True, ‘Level 1’ is my favourite in the current rotation.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:50 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:37 pm
BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:28 pm
No one is expecting it to stay the same. Doube the rate of inflation is too much though.

What have they done in 6 years to improve the stadium experience for fans?
What an obtuse question. Forget the stadium the owners have delivered a top of the table team.

To my mind there are two elements to the ticket price hike. Inflation is one and the the other is playing in a higher league where cash will be expensed on players who can compete and get soccer goals into the net at the higher level.
Not obtuse at all. It was a separate question. They rightfully want more money from the fans but the match day experience does not match the hike. They’ve been here for 6 years.

They haven’t invested in more areas to buy food/drink, the PA system is dreadul, there’s not enough toilet facilities etc.

The price rises over the 6 years are roughly in line with the last 6 year's inflation

The matchday experience does not match the hike? No, the club are still struggling in the lower reaches of the National League and are not on the verge of L1 with potential visits from clubs like Derby, Sheff Wed, Ipswich. Portsmouth and Charlton next season instead of trips to Guisely, Solihull moors, Gateshead and Eastleigh or Boreham Wood.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

spen666 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:28 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:37 pm

What an obtuse question. Forget the stadium the owners have delivered a top of the table team.

To my mind there are two elements to the ticket price hike. Inflation is one and the the other is playing in a higher league where cash will be expensed on players who can compete and get soccer goals into the net at the higher level.
Not obtuse at all. It was a separate question. They rightfully want more money from the fans but the match day experience does not match the hike. They’ve been here for 6 years.

They haven’t invested in more areas to buy food/drink, the PA system is dreadul, there’s not enough toilet facilities etc.

The price rises over the 6 years are roughly in line with the last 6 year's inflation

The matchday experience does not match the hike? No, the club are still struggling in the lower reaches of the National League and are not on the verge of L1 with potential visits from clubs like Derby, Sheff Wed, Ipswich. Portsmouth and Charlton next season instead of trips to Guisely, Solihull moors, Gateshead and Eastleigh or Boreham Wood.
If they’re ‘roughly in line’ why is my ticket more than double the rate of inflatipn this year?

Those big teams will bring big allocations to Orient, more money in Orient’s pocketa
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Are you ever happy Biggsy?
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

BoniO wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:46 pm Are you ever happy Biggsy?
Always. Just asking questions.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:35 pm

If they’re ‘roughly in line’ why is my ticket more than double the rate of inflatipn this year?

Those big teams will bring big allocations to Orient, more money in Orient’s pocketa
The problem for Orient next season is where we accommodate all these big teams fans……….I think our away section only holds 1250 and I wonder if the club will re-allocate some of our East Stand season card holders if say for example Ipswich or Derby sell 3,000 tickets.
I think this used to happen when we last played at this level…….I remember giving the whole East stand to Norwich in that famous win.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Cheshunto wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:53 pm

The problem for Orient next season is where we accommodate all these big teams fans……….I think our away section only holds 1250 and I wonder if the club will re-allocate some of our East Stand season card holders if say for example Ipswich or Derby sell 3,000 tickets.
I think this used to happen when we last played at this level…….I remember giving the whole East stand to Norwich in that famous win.
I remember Leeds having the whole east stand one year, Like QPR in the cup.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Perhaps because over the previous seasons it did not rise in line with inflation, so taken over the whole period it is in line with inflation after allowing for increased levels of football offered next seasoncompared to 6 years ago

If you do not like the prices, vote with your wallet
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

spen666 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:38 pm

Perhaps because over the previous seasons it did not rise in line with inflation, so taken over the whole period it is in line with inflation after allowing for increased levels of football offered next seasoncompared to 6 years ago

If you do not like the prices, vote with your wallet
Right. So in a cost of living crisis, these many multi millionares decide to stripe Orient fans up double inflation. Ling has already said league 1 and 2 quality is minimal.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

If prices had not been frozen a couple of times, this increase would not be as much