Season Ticket Prices 2023/24

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

spen666
Regular
Regular

Re: Season Ticket Prices 2023/24

Post by spen666 »

LittleMate wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:40 pm
spen666 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:12 pm If you want the Season Ticket posted to you, its an extra £2 which is reasonable.

If you want to collect the season ticket instead from the club its £1

It seems its not possible to avoid having to pay extra even if you go to collect the season ticket
£1 will be the price of the envelope and filing it in order for you.

You should try buying a concert ticket. They charge you by the minute for everything!!
If the charge cannot be avoided, it should be part of price.

It is not possible to buy a season ticket for prices Orient advertise because of this.

I know concerts etc do same rip off.

Advertised prices should be available.
Holybourne Identity
Fresh Alias

Post by Holybourne Identity »

Swindon’s match day price will be £27 in League Two next season.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Holybourne Identity wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:13 am Swindon’s match day price will be £27 in League Two next season.
I think all clubs in the lower leagues will have little choice (other than their owners absorbing the cost) but to put prices up by what feels like a hefty percentage. We have been a little sheltered by the board these past few years from such rises, but not this coming season. If we want to survive in league one it seems we have to pay for it. I don't like the rise but I'm comfortable that my money is not being frittered away recklessly by the club.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

LittleMate wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:45 am I'm comfortable that my money is not being frittered away recklessly by the club.
Agreed, roughly.

Lingy obviously had a nosebleed when the £300k from Peterboro landed and spunked it all on Moncur, but otherwise it does seem like we're much more streamlined. We're also getting most signing decisions right since Richie joined. (McCart and Lydon being the obvious exceptions, but Lydon may yet come good in time).
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

LittleMate wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:45 am
Holybourne Identity wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:13 am Swindon’s match day price will be £27 in League Two next season.
I think all clubs in the lower leagues will have little choice (other than their owners absorbing the cost) but to put prices up by what feels like a hefty percentage. .....

it seems from the clubs who have released season ticket prices for next season that so far there are some substantial increases and many are more than double the rate of inflation, some nearer treble that rate.

It wouldn't surprise me to see a reduction in numbers of season tickets sold at many clubs for next season in L1 & L2. Obviously there will be exceptions, eg clubs who win promotion may see increases in season ticket sales, clubs with a feel good factor caused by for example a new owner etc.

As the cost of living crisis bites, people are going to have to review their discretionary spending. Paying out nearly £500 for a season ticket ( at a lot of clubs) may be a lump sum too far.

Of course, I may be totally wrong
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Lifelongfan wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:10 pm Fans make me laugh. Want club to splash out yet moan when prices go up. We are in London & hopefully in a higher division
Don't think any of us are moaning that it's gone up. It's the percentage increase that's taking the piss. I personally was reckoning between 15 - 20% given inflation is around 10 and we're going up a league.

I sit in the west with my teenage daughter seriously considering a move to the North for the £145 price difference.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I think all clubs in the lower leagues will have little choice (other than their owners absorbing the cost) but to put prices up by what feels like a hefty percentage. We have been a little sheltered by the board these past few years from such rises, but not this coming season. If we want to survive in league one it seems we have to pay for it. I don't like the rise but I'm comfortable that my money is not being frittered away recklessly by the club.
It's very simple. We can't keep racking up substantial losses year after year and expect to survive.

If the fans want an improved league status and a better product on the pitch it has to be paid for.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Success is overrated.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:55 am
It's very simple. We can't keep racking up substantial losses year after year and expect to survive.

If the fans want an improved league status and a better product on the pitch it has to be paid for.
It's the Investors that seem to want an improved league status more than us fans, so they can flog the club on and make some dosh. Doesn't seem right that we have to pay for that.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

No one is expecting it to stay the same. Doube the rate of inflation is too much though.

What have they done in 6 years to improve the stadium experience for fans?
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

BiggsyMalone wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:28 pm

No one is expecting it to stay the same. Doube the rate of inflation is too much though.

How can you forget the Papa John's dugout and the scoreboard?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

To be fair, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't notice the scoreboard.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Will wait to see if we get promoted, certainly wouldn’t pay the increased price if we didn’t.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:03 am
LittleMate wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:45 am I'm comfortable that my money is not being frittered away recklessly by the club.
Agreed, roughly.

Lingy obviously had a nosebleed when the £300k from Peterboro landed and spunked it all on Moncur, but otherwise it does seem like we're much more streamlined. We're also getting most signing decisions right since Richie joined. (McCart and Lydon being the obvious exceptions, but Lydon may yet come good in time).
Taling rubbish again, was a free transfer. Mccart has hardly played so can come good. Fit now
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

New East stand roof, improved catering (listened to fans hence pie & mash), Score board, Bar revamped in the East, additional portaloos in the East, new advertising boards, New wifi in the stadium
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:21 pm

It's the Investors that seem to want an improved league status more than us fans, so they can flog the club on and make some dosh. Doesn't seem right that we have to pay for that.
Apart from you, name me one fan who doesn't want us to return to our rightful place in League Division two of the soccer pyramid.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

What an obtuse question. Forget the stadium the owners have delivered a top of the table team.

To my mind there are two elements to the ticket price hike. Inflation is one and the the other is playing in a higher league where cash will be expensed on players who can compete and get soccer goals into the net at the higher level.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Did the Os hold the price of Season Tickets over the last few years? I know some clubs "froze" prices for a couple of years, and are now having to have a big increase to get back to where they'd have been price-wise had they just had a couple of lower rises.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Lifelongfan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:51 pm
Agreed, roughly.

Taling rubbish again, was a free transfer. Mccart has hardly played so can come good. Fit now
Only going on what was posted here at the time, I hope I am wrong. What happened to the alleged £300 k from selling Hector then?

McCart won't play for us. Regardless, we've still paid 3 months of his wages for nowt.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:48 pm
Lifelongfan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:51 pm

Agreed, roughly.

Only going on what was posted here at the time, I hope I am wrong. What happened to the alleged £300 k from selling Hector then?

McCart won't play for us. Regardless, we've still paid 3 months of his wages for nowt.
Sometimes signings just don't work out. It happens at every club from Carlisle to Colchester and from Plymouth to Newcastle and back down the M1 from Sheffield to Doncaster over to Crewe and up to Madchester.
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

5 years ago the ST price in the TJS was £279. £384 sounds good for both the passage of time; the level at which we will be playing and the quality of football we can expect to both play and see.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Lifelongfan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:54 pm

New East stand roof, improved catering (listened to fans hence pie & mash), Score board, Bar revamped in the East, additional portaloos in the East, new advertising boards, New wifi in the stadium
The roof, fair enough. The ‘improved catering’ is just a money spinner for them, they’ve not had to do anything other than putting it out to tender. The scoreboard has taken 6 years to come. Advertising boards are for more advertising, not for the fans. The stuff in the east stand is because it’s a nightmare due to lack of investment. If you want a beer/food at half time, you have to go down 10/15 mins before half time, otherwise you have no chance.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

How can you say the advertising isn't for the fans? How else would we have learned of the existence of HarryKane.com?
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:34 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:21 pm

Apart from you, name me one fan who doesn't want us to return to our rightful place in League Division two of the soccer pyramid.

I believe our rightful place in the soccer pyramid is the old Division 2 now the Championship as it is where the club were just after I started watching them for many years until 1982 , that’s over 20 years.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:37 pm

What an obtuse question. Forget the stadium the owners have delivered a top of the table team.

To my mind there are two elements to the ticket price hike. Inflation is one and the the other is playing in a higher league where cash will be expensed on players who can compete and get soccer goals into the net at the higher level.
Not obtuse at all. It was a separate question. They rightfully want more money from the fans but the match day experience does not match the hike. They’ve been here for 6 years.

They haven’t invested in more areas to buy food/drink, the PA system is dreadul, there’s not enough toilet facilities etc.