I don't understand...... FAO Paul Hague

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

I don't understand...... FAO Paul Hague

Post by Max Fowler »

Hi all, can someone please put me right on a few points I'm unsure of, because I don't get this.

Thanks.
Paul Hague wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:25 am
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:14 am
Paul Hague wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:04 am

I think you will find I didn’t ever or wasn’t commenting on Lee’s actions and more about my opening gambit (might have been the other thread though) where I said I was on the show

Now instead of deflecting, if you wouldn’t mind getting on with you super important job as an admin and following up the investigation into a claim about me with absolutely zero evidence
What is your opinion of Lee Boyce then? When did you first know about him attacking this person?
No comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul Hague wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:40 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:35 am
Long slender neck wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:33 am

:(((

LOFT committee member and fanzine editor refuses to condemn thug.
Disgraceful Stance !!!!!!!!
God you lot really are thick. I don’t run Orient Hour or Phoenix FM. In fact, until a fortnight ago I hadn’t taken part in a show for about 6 months and only twice in about 14 months

Boyce has nothing to do with Panda or LOFT and finally I am not his Dad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul Hague wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:20 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:05 pm
Lady Luck wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:09 pm

This has nicely reminded me why I stopped posting on here.

The thread title is "Will Colchester apologise". I post the link to Colchester's statement & say it's not exactly an apology. And the response is being mocked for something I neither said or implied.

Think I'll go back to not posting & leave you all to your bickering, willy waving & one-upmanship.
I Guess Im saying Col U have nothing to apologise for ! I'm sorry if you dont know that we like to converse , because our willy waving days are long gone !
Of course they have something to apologise for. Whilst it isn’t club officials in the away end singing it and whilst I am sure and or have witnessed many “dodgy” chants at grounds (home and away, opposing fans AND ours), the one one thing you don’t hear EVERY week is supporters singing about dead people in a box and that oversees the mark by a long, long, long, long way.

I see elsewhere TRUMP asking “did this actually happen”.

I had seven different people tell me before the game kicked off it happened and then it was clearly audible mid way through the first half. OK only lasted all of about 10-15 seconds but it happened, no ifs no buts.

About time IMHO that this was / is rightly condemned from ALL sides including our own.
Last edited by Max Fowler on Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Re: I don't understand......

Post by BoniO »

Slow day Mr Wumbag?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Ok, it's a wum :roll:
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

[POST REMOVED BY USER - BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY ON THIS PLACE OR CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS WILL TAKE ACTION WHICH COULD RESULT IN THEM OBTAINING PERSONAL DETAILS ABOUT YOU]
Last edited by The Reverend on Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’s a fair point (just one best not addressed on the one about the Edinburgh chants)

It’s very, very, rich for OFF to be demanding apologies (doesn’t he know how the law works? According to him, they’re only necessary if charged)

The most hilarious/obnoxious thing is that the panda twitter account has been demanding apologies from Colchester, and in arguing with Colchester fans, they have said “but you’re ignoring the fact that people from your club were in trouble last year”, and OFF hasn’t even acknowledged that not only were there “fans” from our team in trouble for shouting abuse, he actually was that fan
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

CEB wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:53 am
The most hilarious/obnoxious thing is that the panda twitter account has been demanding apologies from Colchester, and in arguing with Colchester fans, they have said “but you’re ignoring the fact that people from your club were in trouble last year”, and OFF hasn’t even acknowledged that not only were there “fans” from our team in trouble for shouting abuse, he actually was that fan
Not seen that on twitter. Whilst it's amusing, I don't think it's necessarily relevant to this discussion - whatever abuse Off was shouting at the Col Utd player last season, it wasn't racist and it wouldn't have been as horrific as the stuff Col Utd fans were singing yesterday.
CEB

Post by CEB »

In terms of your OP, the point is that R***r literally can only see the world in terms of “good people” - Orient fans - and “potentially bad people” - other fans.
That’s why whenever someone on here disagrees with him, his response is geared towards restoring his worldview - “Orient fans are good”, and the only way to do that is by categorising them as “not proper fans”.

His aim in any exchange is to defend anything Orient, and if he can do so by drawing attention to another club’s flaws, so much the better. He’s not clever enough to recognise the hypocrisy this can cause, but also, he doesn’t care, because to him, it’s all about “supporting orient”. Everything else is in service to that. (Which is how he can say, outraged, “the fans called the mascot a paedophile!” despite the fact that on that same day he said of me “he needs his hard drive checked”)
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

[POST REMOVED BY USER - BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY ON THIS PLACE OR CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS WILL TAKE ACTION WHICH COULD RESULT IN THEM OBTAINING PERSONAL DETAILS ABOUT YOU]
Last edited by The Reverend on Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Can we please not get sidetracked from my original point.
CEB

Post by CEB »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:30 am Can we please not get sidetracked from my original point.

You’ll need to put your actual question very clearly for there to be any chance of a response from the person who can reconcile the differing stances
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Dont remember any witnesses to what OFF did/didnt say though. He's denied racial abuse and refused to give his version of events, assuming he said anything at all. Personally I dont believe that he said nothing and was just fingered at random.
CEB

Post by CEB »

There wouldn’t be any; grasses get mown, remember.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:48 am Dont remember any witnesses to what OFF did/didnt say though. He's denied racial abuse and refused to give his version of events, assuming he said anything at all. Personally I dont believe that he said nothing and was just fingered at random.
This isn't about that incident.

This is about the hypoffcricy in demanding condemnation and an apology for one thing, but not for a much more serious thing.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Hypocrisy by him on this is just a side effect of a worldview that’s built on the idea “my side is always right”. What do you expect from him?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

I'm obviously not expecting him to admit anything but when it's laid out in black and white like this, I don't see how anyone - even Off - can fail to see how they've been so hypocritical.
CEB

Post by CEB »

You’re underestimating the usefulness of straightforward denial.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

No I'm not.
Paul Hague
Fresh Alias

Post by Paul Hague »

CEB wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:05 am In terms of your OP, the point is that R***r literally can only see the world in terms of “good people” - Orient fans - and “potentially bad people” - other fans.
That’s why whenever someone on here disagrees with him, his response is geared towards restoring his worldview - “Orient fans are good”, and the only way to do that is by categorising them as “not proper fans”.

His aim in any exchange is to defend anything Orient, and if he can do so by drawing attention to another club’s flaws, so much the better. He’s not clever enough to recognise the hypocrisy this can cause, but also, he doesn’t care, because to him, it’s all about “supporting orient”. Everything else is in service to that. (Which is how he can say, outraged, “the fans called the mascot a paedophile!” despite the fact that on that same day he said of me “he needs his hard drive checked”)
Yep I don’t like other clubs fans. But why not ask Blackpool, Charlton, Oldham, Gateshead, Southend (and more) while you are at it sweet cheeks 😉
CEB

Post by CEB »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:11 am I'm obviously not expecting him to admit anything but when it's laid out in black and white like this, I don't see how anyone - even Off - can fail to see how they've been so hypocritical.

There we go - he went into Roger Irrelevant mode, and will simply pretend to not understand the point being made
Paul Hague
Fresh Alias

Post by Paul Hague »

CEB wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:53 am
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:11 am I'm obviously not expecting him to admit anything but when it's laid out in black and white like this, I don't see how anyone - even Off - can fail to see how they've been so hypocritical.

There we go - he went into Roger Irrelevant mode, and will simply pretend to not understand the point being made
Draw me a picture oh intelligent one
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Maybe a diagram would be more helpful.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Ok, I know he's seen it and his refusal to engage on the point shows us all we need to know.

Thank you.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

The future of Boardin' has been secured against the Hippocrit. Huzzah!!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

No comment on Boyce because he's Orient and might box his face in. Brush it under the carpet like the rest of the Orient establishment have done.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

I Thought I'd been Foe'd ! :?: