Tristan Abrahams

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Tristan Abrahams

Post by Long slender neck »

Bring back every player that has EVER left us.

But yes, I'd have him back.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

It would be easy to put together a good team based on Orient exiles post 2015, especialt in midfield and upfront. Plenty of goals there....
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Newport have signed striker Tristan Abrahams on a two-year deal.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Bergen wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:07 pm Newport have signed striker Tristan Abrahams on a two-year deal.
I find this so hard to fathom. Abrahams was a really good youngster when i watched him here, under difficult conditions, when we were last in league 2.

He looked as if he was destined for higher and better things, and got a move to Norwich

how come then, that hes back where he started, in league 2, just a few years later? Can he really have gone so far backwards?

whats going on?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Bergen wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:07 pm Newport have signed striker Tristan Abrahams on a two-year deal.
I find this so hard to fathom. Abrahams was a really good youngster when i watched him here, under difficult conditions, when we were last in league 2.

He looked as if he was destined for higher and better things, and got a move to Norwich

how come then, that hes back where he started, in league 2, just a few years later? Can he really have gone so far backwards?

whats going on?
U23 football < Men's football

Simple as that really. He could've played as a regular and impressed like Koroma but instead went to play glorified friendlies for 2 years.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

There's no guarantee that were it not for the Beelzebub shambles that he would even have made a first team appearance here. He's got a gig in League two- that's more than most who come through our academy get.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Forget all this talk - someone in the club actually do something and get him back. It would be madness not to.
Redcard
Fresh Alias

Post by Redcard »

Might be difficult if he has signed for Newport
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Redcard wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:24 pm Might be difficult if he has signed for Newport
Yep your right 2 year deal with Newport County announced a few hours ago
Last edited by Lucky7 on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Lucky7 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:12 pm
Redcard wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:24 pm Might be difficult if he has signed for Newport
Yep your right 2 year deal with Notts County announced a few hours ago
Oh dear. Another one bites the dust needlessly.
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

whats going on?
Possibly he wasn’t as good as you thought he was?
Millennial Snowflake
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Millennial Snowflake »

whats going on?
Must be dreadful for him tbh, playing in League 2 a couple of years ago, two loan spells in League 2 last season and now ending up in, err, League 2. Such a terrible decline he's suffered.
theballmagnet
Fresh Alias

Post by theballmagnet »

His goal at Luton away gave me slight hope we could survive but IIRC he missed a one on one soon after. Might be wrong there though
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

redintheface wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:28 pm

whats going on?
Possibly he wasn’t as good as you thought he was?
I think this is it. The facile and flawed view is that if a young player signs for a bigger team that he will go onto bigger things when he moves

The reality is that buying potential (as these teams do) comes with no guarantees and tonnes of young players sign for bigger teams and don't progress or go onto much better things. But people tend to remember the outliers that do make it as the rule rather than the exception because the ones that don't make it quickly slip from memory.

Think people need to keep their expectations in check for other young players that we sell for the same reason.
bobo66
Fresh Alias

Post by bobo66 »

I wonder of Bonne and Koroma will
a) get a chance of first team football and
b) make it at the higher level.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

bobo66 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:34 am I wonder of Bonne and Koroma will
Personally feel that Bonne is a level too high and his ceiling is that of an average League One striker (no disgrace).

Koroma not so sure as he is earlier in his development curve. Probably a good League One player for sure though.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:39 am
bobo66 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:34 am I wonder of Bonne and Koroma will
Personally feel that Bonne is a level too high and his ceiling is that of an average League One striker (no disgrace).

Koroma not so sure as he is earlier in his development curve. Probably a good League One player for sure though.
It all depends on the quality of the players around then and in Bonne's case, if he can increase his % of chances taken.
LeytonOstone
Fresh Alias

Post by LeytonOstone »

This is disappointing all round. I thought on the basis of the few times I saw him play he had more potential than Koroma, and was a more natural goalscorer. Sadly jumping at the chance of a move to Norwich has led to him now having to ply his trade back in L2 in South Wales. Just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us this season as previous players seem to regularly do.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

LeytonOstone wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:47 pm This is disappointing all round. I thought on the basis of the few times I saw him play he had more potential than Koroma, and was a more natural goalscorer. Sadly jumping at the chance of a move to Norwich has led to him now having to ply his trade back in L2 in South Wales. Just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us this season as previous players seem to regularly do.
They only seem to regularly do better as players that score against us stick more in the mind than players that don't