Orient Hour show tonight 7pm

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB

Re: Orient Hour show tonight 7pm

Post by CEB »

The Orient Hour wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:39 am OK, whilst I am bemused as to why those hiding behind the cloak of anonymity are demanding transparity from those who don't, I have been in touch with the boss of Phoenixfm.
He would like to point out the following:-
Lee Boyce was never the host of Orient Hour, he was a guest panelist.
When this situation came to light last year the radio station acted in tandem with Leyton Orient in suspending Lee for 12 months from the show.
When the club lifted the suspension, so did the show.
Lee entered a guilty plea and the trial brought fwd at short notice and he was sentenced accordingly.
In light of those events Lee is now permanently banned from Phoenix FM.
If anybody requires further clarification on this matter please contact Paul Golder via the Phoenix Website.
Thankyou.
You’re a pubic platform wanting people to listen to you, and have close ties with the individuals who run the club. Of course transparency is demanded of you when at the very least, your judgement is in question.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Why’s he banned for life? Don’t Phoenix fm agree in rehabilitation and second chances after doing your time?
CEB

Post by CEB »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:47 am Why’s he banned for life? Don’t Phoenix fm agree in rehabilitation and second chances after doing your time?

You should see what Caca does to those who leave his podcast
The Orient Hour
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Orient Hour »

OTF Photography Ltd wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:47 am Why’s he banned for life? Don’t Phoenix fm agree in rehabilitation and second chances after doing your time?
Not a question for me to answer on behalf of the radio station. Paul has asked if you want any further clarification then contact him directly.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

And of course, we cant even be sure Lee is 100% guilty.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Anyway, did Nigel have anything interesting to say?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

This is a major event for LOFC.

What I don't understand is why everyone - the club, his mates on the radio and the other podbloggers - have all deliberately turned a blind eye to it.

Football hooliganism should be confronted head on.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Don’t ask me, I’m only their photographer
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Orient Hour wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:52 am
Not a question for me to answer on behalf of the radio station. Paul has asked if you want any further clarification then contact him directly.
Are Phoenix going to donate sponsorship money paid to them to a charity ?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

This is a local radio show guys.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

To be fair to Gilson, how was he to know that this might happen? It’s not as if a lot of his guests are known football hooligans is it? Although I doubt it’s the Radio Station that choose the guests for Gilson’s show so maybe he has some responsibility after all. It’s confusing because he seems to think he’s done nothing wrong?
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Lee Boyce was sticking up for Orient family fans & Scarfers attacked by Telford/Wolves hoolis. Telford ambushed Orient from what I heard. Telford were up for it & OTF were protecting O's fans
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

How does Gilso know the OTF? Is he a hooligan himself?
CEB

Post by CEB »

We’re so grateful for their protection. What a lovely bunch of lads
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Lifelongfan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:25 am Lee Boyce was sticking up for Orient family fans & Scarfers attacked by Telford/Wolves hoolis. Telford ambushed Orient from what I heard. Telford were up for it & OTF were protecting O's fans
So why plead guilty? Why not enter a plea of self defence and argue it out in court?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Lifelongfan wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:25 am Lee Boyce was sticking up for Orient family fans & Scarfers attacked by Telford/Wolves hoolis. Telford ambushed Orient from what I heard. Telford were up for it & OTF were protecting O's fans
Sounds like he deserves a medal rather than a prison sentence! Unless you’re talking bollox of course…
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

""unprovoked and senseless" attack"

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/cri ... n-telford/
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

Long slender neck wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:40 am ""unprovoked and senseless" attack"

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/cri ... n-telford/
On "an innocent member of the public". Take what Plod say with a pinch of salt, but still, doesn't sound like the great act of selfless White Knighting some people are implying.
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’s also that this whole incident - as with a couple of OFF incidents - is indicative of a level of comfort with a type of behaviour that you’d think the club would want to distance itself from
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:00 pm It’s also that this whole incident - as with a couple of OFF incidents - is indicative of a level of comfort with a type of behaviour that you’d think the club would want to distance itself from
Indeed. It is a concern. It cuts across our branding as a community club.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Any chance you could let us know who OTF are and their individual names. Are they some group that are there to 'stick up for Orient family fans", as I must have missed the memo. From the little info I have found from social media, they appear to be a bunch of right leaning types sympathetic to the EDL etc and would have raised a glass to our Home Secretary the other day and hate Gary Lineker.

They don't and will never represent me and I don't want them sticking the boot in to stick up for me.
CEB

Post by CEB »

The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:50 pm
Any chance you could let us know who OTF are and their individual names. Are they some group that are there to 'stick up for Orient family fans", as I must have missed the memo. From the little info I have found from social media, they appear to be a bunch of right leaning types sympathetic to the EDL etc and would have raised a glass to our Home Secretary the other day and hate Gary Lineker.

They don't and will never represent me and I don't want them sticking the boot in to stick up for me.

Should I start an FAO thread because of you getting involved in arguments, or is it ok when you do it?
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

CEB wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:02 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:50 pm

Should I start an FAO thread because of you getting involved in arguments, or is it ok when you do it?
That thread was a bit silly of me to be honest. I was a little bored at the time. Sorry, do what you do, I always find it worth following
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

The Reverend wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:15 pm It’s a bit strange that the “Orient Hour” podcast seems to be exclusively presented by white blokes in their mid to late 50s with ties to known hooligans.

I’m not sure this is representative of the kind of diverse and welcoming fanbase Leyton Orient football club would like to attract.
Are you saying that the OTF are the blokes on the Orient Hour
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

[COMMENT REMOVED BY USER]
Last edited by The Reverend on Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.