Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Jman
Fresh Alias

Ratings

Post by Jman »

First half excellent. Second we made it a lot more difficult than it should’ve been against a pretty wretched Rochdale side. However, it’s a huge 3 points considering the other results tonight. Feels like a big step to promotion.

Vigoroux 7: Can’t understate how good he is for the level. Must be great to play in front of. As expected largely untested but commanded his box really well tonight.

James 6: I thought he did fine overall but was starting to look a little suspect defensively.
Turns 8: Excellent tonight. The kid has grown into this role fantastically well after a shaky start. Really comfortable on the ball and a good range of passing too. He’ll go quite far I think.
Beckles 8: No coincidence our form dropped with him out the team. Imperious.
Sweeney 6: Great first half going forward but started to look a little exposed, needs to be a bit more disciplined defensively as he was popping up in all positions. A good effort though and another player that’s starting to show good signs.

Clay 7: Typical Clay. Industrious and never stopping running. Think we missed him after he went off as we seemed to lose that added bite in midfield.
El Mizouni 8: Another excellent performance and great finish. He’s all action and has got a bit of everything to his game this guy. Got to keep him fit as I’m of the opinion he is the glue to this team.

Archibald 7: I thought he was one of our best outlets going forward tonight, non stop running and looked a threat. Harshly hooked for me.
Sotoriou 7: Great finish and some nice touches. Looked a bit more like the Ruel from end of season last.
Sadlier 8: Thought he showed his class tonight. You can see why we brought him in. Cultured player and perhaps unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. Nightmare for defenders.

Drinan 6: A lot of huff and puff but not a lot else. However his running does create spaces and that was evident tonight.

Subs
Lyden 4: I thought he was really poor. And we started to lose control in midfield. All of a sudden we were second best and losing the battles
Kelman 6: Similar to Drinan really. Little impact but some good pressing second half helped us see it out
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Ratings

Post by Beradogs »

Let’s use this thread for discussions about the game. Thanks for the ratings JMAN. I saw the game similar except can’t agree with Ruel plus I thought Sweeney was excellent especially first half. Game of opinions. Cheers.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Usual good ratings from you too. Think we posted at the exact same time!!
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

As good as he’s been Ed turns lost his man too easily for their goal
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

I think that was Idris who got sucked in and let the guy go free.
TheTyrant
Fresh Alias

Post by TheTyrant »

The only additional thing I'd say about Sadlier is that he made a couple of very poor defensive errors. When Sweeney was getting overlapped he always went for the overlapping man rather than the ball, which is very basic stuff and had the effect of making Sweeney look daft, which then led to Rochdale's only chance of the first half.

Agreed he looks excellent going forward though.