What are you Watching Today Part 2

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: What are you Watching Today Part 2

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Just started watching Bad Sisters on Apple +
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Dunners wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:20 pm This looks brilliant. Just check out the cast!

Are any of the characters, or bear, spies from the Soviet Union?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Boiling Point- being a chef looks annoying. This film never boiled, just simmered.
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

Just watching Sky news showing the catastrophic devastation caused by two massive earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. Very upsetting to see these people who have lost everything trying to come to terms with it all.
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

Rewatching Stath Let's Flats. Best thing since Life's Bread.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Dunners wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:55 am Went to watch a filming of Would I Lie To You last night. It went on for three and a half hours! When you watch the half hour show on the telly, they really have edited out a load of sh*te to make it funny.

I have a newfound admiration for the talents of Lee Mack and David Mitchel, who do a great job of getting the most out of some pretty dull guests. We had Alice Roberts and two other people who I cannot even remember. Nothing against them, but retelling anecdotes in an effective comedic fashion is definitely not their forte. Mack and Mitchel both had to put in a serious shift.

However, we did have a real treat in that the fourth guest panellist was Bob Mortimer. He is brilliant and the edited highlights you may have seen of him on earlier editions don’t even come close to what you get in the studio.
This episode was shown on BBC1 last night. The editors certainly are the unsung heroes.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

And the fragrant Alice Roberts was there too ! Very Jell.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Been to see a play called Windfalll at the Southwark Playhouse. If you get a chance I suggest you check it out before it transfers to the West End. F*cking side-splitiningly hilarious. The second half in particular was absolute violent bedlam.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Dunners wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:03 pm Been to see a play called Windfalll at the Southwark Playhouse. If you get a chance I suggest you check it out before it transfers to the West End. F*cking side-splitiningly hilarious. The second half in particular was absolute violent bedlam.
Was looking at that, might see if I can catch it.

Went to see The Unfriend at The Criterion earlier in the week. Cracking comedy from Stephen Moffat with a great cast and performances. Highly recommended.
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

For all fellow Happy Valley fans [there’s spoilers of sorts if you’ve not done with it yet)

CEB

Post by CEB »

The Mindsweep wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:13 pm
Dunners wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:03 pm Been to see a play called Windfalll at the Southwark Playhouse. If you get a chance I suggest you check it out before it transfers to the West End. F*cking side-splitiningly hilarious. The second half in particular was absolute violent bedlam.

Went to see The Unfriend at The Criterion earlier in the week. Cracking comedy from Stephen Moffat with a great cast and performances. Highly recommended.
Been thinking about seeing that myself, that’s sold it
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

CEB wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:53 pm
The Mindsweep wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:13 pm

Been thinking about seeing that myself, that’s sold it
Heh (assuming you're in the know).
CEB

Post by CEB »

The Last of Us continues to be brilliant. The discussion around it is mostly of it being a video game adaptation, but the reality is that it’s essentially an adaptation of a short story, and is benefiting from having a beginning, middle and end already planned. The leads are absolutely smashing it as Ellie and Joel (I was worried I might be a bit Pedro Pascal’d out - he’s great but he’s in everything these days) and the supporting cast have been excellent. Give it a go even if you’re not sure it’s your cup of tea
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

An episode or two behind, its okay, not enough survival horror type stuff for me so far. The Bill episode also felt like unnecessary padding.
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’s a character driven drama, not a survival horror. I think you want the walking dead, there’s hundreds of episodes of Zombie Emmerdale to watch
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

they.jpg
they.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Sam Smiths entrance at The Brits.

At least all the haters don't have to worry about which toilets they will be using.
CEB

Post by CEB »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:50 pm they.jpg

Sam Smiths entrance at The Brits.

At least all the haters don't have to worry about which toilets they will be using.
Good to see him modelling Orient’s goalkeeper shirt for next season
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

CEB wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:46 pm It’s a character driven drama, not a survival horror. I think you want the walking dead, there’s hundreds of episodes of Zombie Emmerdale to watch
TWD went on far too long, it was boring after about series 4 or 5.
CEB

Post by CEB »

It was boring pretty damn quickly. The point is that this is character focused, so the Bill episode wasnt the padding, it was the point. The “zombie” aspect is the framing of the narrative, the character stuff is what’s interesting
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

CEB wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:46 pm It’s a character driven drama, not a survival horror. I think you want the walking dead, there’s hundreds of episodes of Zombie Emmerdale to watch
Also, bollocks to that, no need to make it poncey.
Constanza
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Constanza »

I dislike all horror zombie Sci fi lord of the rings game of thrones fantasy stuff but
Absolutely loving Last of Us , I like the characters and poncier the better. Luckily I watch with subtitles so know when any scarier bits are coming. I also don't play computer games so am not familiar with the plot.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

CEB wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:15 pm It was boring pretty damn quickly. The point is that this is character focused, so the Bill episode wasnt the padding, it was the point. The “zombie” aspect is the framing of the narrative, the character stuff is what’s interesting
Well Bill hardly has a scene with Joel and Ellie so it felt like a bit of a waste and from what i recall, a deviation from the game plot, not that its sacred or anything.

Feels odd when I spent hours exploring derelict buildings and cities, stealthily and brutally killing infected to have that largely erased from the tv show thus far.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Long slender neck wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:33 pm
CEB wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:15 pm It was boring pretty damn quickly. The point is that this is character focused, so the Bill episode wasnt the padding, it was the point. The “zombie” aspect is the framing of the narrative, the character stuff is what’s interesting
Well Bill hardly has a scene with Joel and Ellie so it felt like a bit of a waste and from what i recall, a deviation from the game plot, not that its sacred or anything.

Feels odd when I spent hours exploring derelict buildings and cities, stealthily and brutally killing infected to have that largely erased from the tv show thus far.
I'm not a gamer, so obviously haven't played The Last of Us, but the series is stunning. Enjoying it all. I have to say that the third episode, the Bill one, was one of the best episodes of TV I've seen for while. Wonderfully written and acted and just as important it explored the timeline, from the outbreak to where we are now. Watched episode 5 earlier today and another great episode. Pedro & Bella get more impressive every new watch.
CEB

Post by CEB »

It’s just the difference in format. It’s not replicating the game, but doing something interesting with the story in the game
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Bad sisters on Apple +. A bit samey as it goes on but the bad guy is expertly played. Not sure I’ve hated anyone more on tv