Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Re: Ratings.

Post by EastDerehamO »

Feels like a massive three points, often 1-0s are when going for promotion, and the other results going for us was a bonus.

Only seen the extended highlights, but liked the look of Sadlier, from Moncur’s interview they know each other well which is a bonus. It may not have been Theo’s best game from other comments in this thread, but couldn’t help notice his tracking back and covering, and Thommo looked as reliable as ever when he came on.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

I think Sadlier is going to get goals from different parts of the pitch and certainly can get a cross in. Will take him a while to develop an understanding on the pitch with the other players. If you've got Vigs, Beckles, Moncur, Symth and Sadlier on the pitch playing well we should win more often than not as they are some of the best in their positions in the league.
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

DrWindy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:10 pm I think we would have lost that game without Beccles at the back. He was superb today and wins so much physically. Their cf could have been a real problem but he wasn’t. Turns I thought was very tidy and dependable.

El Miz awesome. That game will give Moncs a massive boost.

Much needed win that. Need to follow it up against Crewe.
Turns wasn't just tidy and dependable, he outjumped Pell and Davidson on several occasions, which is no mean feat.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Petrov788 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:27 pm
DrWindy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:10 pm I think we would have lost that game without Beccles at the back. He was superb today and wins so much physically. Their cf could have been a real problem but he wasn’t. Turns I thought was very tidy and dependable.

Turns wasn't just tidy and dependable, he outjumped Pell and Davidson on several occasions, which is no mean feat.
I agree, he put in a really solid shift. I like the look of him.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

DrWindy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:43 pm

For an 18 year old with barely a league game under his belt he was outstanding.
E3Orient
Fresh Alias

Post by E3Orient »

10/10 for the fan who kicked the ball onto the South Stand roof. 11/10 for the Wimbledon player kicking the extra ball too hard, allowing it to bounce back on the pitch, comedy gold.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

E3Orient wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:00 pm 10/10 for the fan who kicked the ball onto the South Stand roof. 11/10 for the Wimbledon player kicking the extra ball too hard, allowing it to bounce back on the pitch, comedy gold.
That was a kid who stood right beside me . I wasn't looking at the time but I could hear the thumping sound from the ball as he gave it one hell of a kick . All the fans around us starting laughing and cheering . However I did see the incident where the Wimbledon player kicked the ball back off the advertising board . That gave everybody another good laugh .
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

E3Orient wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:00 pm 10/10 for the fan who kicked the ball onto the South Stand roof. 11/10 for the Wimbledon player kicking the extra ball too hard, allowing it to bounce back on the pitch, comedy gold.
It was an excellent ending to the game, comedy gold indeed. As the saying goes what goes around comes around!!
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

banqo wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:03 pm
It was an excellent ending to the game, comedy gold indeed. As the saying goes what goes around comes around!!
Perfect karma :D
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:35 pm
banqo wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:03 pm
Perfect karma :D
I can remember one of our supporters shouted at a Wimbledon player " We can be shithouses as well ". :D
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Omygawd wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:59 pm
DrWindy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:43 pm

For an 18 year old with barely a league game under his belt he was outstanding.
Add 2 years he’s 20.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

I know Spen will tell me those 3 points are the same as any other 3 points but that's nonsense. That was a massive win.

As we lined up pre kick-off, I had the same sinking feeling as I had before Stevenage. They looked like a team of giants; we've lost Happe, Pratley and Drinnan and replaced with a load of 5 foot 9 short arses. But credit to everyone, we matched them physically across the pitch and Beckles singled-handedly dealt with their aerial threat.

Vigaroux 6. Some give him stick for his distribution most games and I always defend him. But it was a little off today (I understand why, he was deliberately trying to keep it wide away from their big lumps, but he hit touch too often). No saves to make, stayed big for the one real chance they had and put their guy off.

Hunt 7. Solid, reliable, boring.

Sweeney 6. Decent considering the lack of game time he's had. Better going forward than defending - half a second too slow on a couple of occassions resulting in his booking and having to be subbed for fear of a red. No issue if he starts again.

Beckles 8. Immense.

Turns 5. Out of his depth. Too short to be a centre back at any meaningful level of football.

El Miz 8. Immenser. Would love it if we can go up and keep him. MOTM.

Lydon 5. Some glimpses to suggest he's going to be alright in time but the game just passed him by. Fortunately he had El Miz to cover his arse.

Moncur 7. Much much better. Wonder goal. Out on his feet for the last 25 minutes.

Theo 7. Much much better as well after a few quieter weeks, back to his snarly, annoying self. His performance was typified by the goal line clearance after he and Moncur lost the ball at a short corner.

Kelman 5. Just not big enough or strong enough to lead the line alone.

Sadlier 6. Love the way he floats around the pitch with and without the ball. I like the look of him a lot.

Subs:

Clay 7. Perfect game for him.

Thompson 7. Superb dropping in at RB. Should start next week centrally; almost criminal that he hasn't been playing

Drinnan 7. Actually gave their pair of CBs something to think about when he came on, lovely to have him back.

James 6. Ok, got away with one howler.

Ruel 5.

(Is that right? Are we allowed 5 subs nowadays?)

Wimbledon are a half decent side, they make you work for everything, we more than matched them on that front this time out.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:20 pm I know Spen will tell me those 3 points are the same as any other 3 points but that's nonsense. That was a massive win.

As we lined up pre kick-off, I had the same sinking feeling as I had before Stevenage. They looked like a team of giants; we've lost Happe, Pratley and Drinnan and replaced with a load of 5 foot 9 short arses. But credit to everyone, we matched them physically across the pitch and Beckles singled-handedly dealt with their aerial threat.

Vigaroux 6. Some give him stick for his distribution most games and I always defend him. But it was a little off today (I understand why, he was deliberately trying to keep it wide away from their big lumps, but he hit touch too often). No saves to make, stayed big for the one real chance they had and put their guy off.

Sweeney 6. Decent considering the lack of game time he's had. Better going forward than defending - half a second too slow on a couple of occassions resulting in his booking and having to be subbed for fear of a red. No issue if he starts again.

Beckles 8. Immense.

Turns 5. Out of his depth. Too short to be a centre back at any meaningful level of football.

Lydon 5. Some glimpses to suggest he's going to be alright in time but the game just passed him by. Fortunately he had El Miz to cover his arse.

Moncur 7. Much much better. Wonder goal. Out on his feet for the last 25 minutes.

Theo 7. Much much better as well after a few quieter weeks, back to his snarly, annoying self. His performance was typified by the goal line clearance after he and Moncur lost the ball at a short corner.

Sadlier 6. Love the way he floats around the pitch with and without the ball. I like the look of him a lot.

Subs:

Thompson 7. Superb dropping in at RB. Should start next week centrally; almost criminal that he hasn't been playing

Drinnan 7. Actually gave their pair of CBs something to think about when he came on, lovely to have him back.

Ruel 5.

Wimbledon are a half decent side, they make you work for everything, we more than matched them on that front this time out.
I agree with much of that, but are your scores out of 8?

Beckles, immense. 8?
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

DrWindy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:18 pm
TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:20 pm I know Spen will tell me those 3 points are the same as any other 3 points but that's nonsense. That was a massive win.

Beckles 8. Immense.

Subs:

Ruel 5.

Beckles, immense. 8?
I can't believe you gave Turns 5, really??
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Turns was excellent. Had a very solid game.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Sorry,wrong person, that was meant for Trump Plumbing!
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Beckles 8. Immense.

Subs:

Ruel 5.

Not sure on your logic giving turns a 5. Was pretty solid from start to finish imo.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Agreed - Turns had a great game especially as he’s a new boy.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Disagree - he couldn't physically handle their striker with the plaits and was bullied all game. He's not exactly quick either.

Was McCart on the bench or is he injured?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

DrWindy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:18 pm

Beckles 8. Immense.

Subs:

Ruel 5.

Beckles, immense. 8?
Don't think anyone was a 9 or a 10. But it's only numbers.

Great - El Miz, Beckles

Good - Moncur, Theo, Drinnan, Clay, Thompson

Acceptable - Vigaro, Hunt, Sweeney, Kelman (just), Sadlier, James

Unacceptable - Turns, Lydon, Ruel
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Turns strikes me as the sort of centre back that'll thrive in a back 3 as the ball playing defender. I think he handled the physical stuff pretty well for the most part and has a very good jump on him for a smaller defender, but can see him struggling against a better quality of target man. He's an obvious Brighton product, his distribution and composure looks fantastic for this level. In a 3 man set up he could let the others deal with the aerial stuff more and he would be the one bringing the ball out.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Beckles 8. Immense.

Subs:

Ruel 5.

Week in Week out you show yourself up with your Footballing knowledge , I dont know why you bother 5 for Turns ? Ludicrous alias whose ever it is please BIN IT OFF !!
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Mistadobalina wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:03 am Turns strikes me as the sort of centre back that'll thrive in a back 3 as the ball playing defender. I think he handled the physical stuff pretty well for the most part and has a very good jump on him for a smaller defender, but can see him struggling against a better quality of target man. He's an obvious Brighton product, his distribution and composure looks fantastic for this level. In a 3 man set up he could let the others deal with the aerial stuff more and he would be the one bringing the ball out.
Really hope I'm wrong and I'm being overly critical on the kid.(I accept I kind of had a downer on him after he let their big 8 get away from him at a set piece in the first few minutes and only a fantastic clearing header from Beckles saved him).
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

And I don't buy the 'but he'd be ok in a 3' argument. If you want to be a centre half you have to be able to do the basic stuff like playing in a 2 and being able to head a ball.

Maybe his future is as a full back?
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

I thought Turns had a decent game. No way a 5.

Wimbledon are probably the most physical side in the division alongside Stevenage and I don’t recall Turns getting bullied or losing much.

I agree he’s not the biggest but there’s been plenty centre backs who have been decent and no bigger.

I know he’s young but I don’t see an EPL player there on his displays so far but I still like the look of him. We’ve had a heck of a lot worse. Early days.