Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings.

Post by Beradogs »

Vigouroux. 6. Nothing to do. No chance with the goal.
Hunt. 4.5. A lot of people rate him including Wellens. I don’t see it at least on the basis of the last few games. Not comfortable on the ball and a headless chicken. Puts in tackles but it’s usually because he is in the wrong position in the first place.
Mccart. 7 joint MOM. Got better and better as the game went on and the one glimmer of light in a dismal afternoon.
Beccles 5.5. Own goal. Dealt with most things up to then.
James 3.5. Control was awful and looked like he couldn’t be bothered.
Lyden. 4.5. Hasn’t played for a year and it showed. Can’t remember any contribution of note.
Moncor. 5.5. He is going to divide opinions but for the second week running I thought he was slightly better and again unlucky to be taken off. If it’s due to fitness that is a disgrace at this stage of the season. Some decent touches and at least he tried to make things happen.
Pratley. 5.5. Running out of energy, no surprise at his age and he must look around at his mates and wonder what they are playing at.
Sadlier 4.5. One or two nice passes but mostly invisible. Let’s hope he picks up. Couldn’t be much worse.
Theo. 6. He had our only efforts in the first half. Tried hard as usual.
Kelman.4.5. No service equal no goals or no goals equal no service. It’s a tricky one. I’m sorry, in whatever way you line up strikers are supposed to score goals and he looks like he could play till next year and come up with a big fat zilch.

Smith. 6. Hit the post. Clay. Joint MOM. 7. Was everywhere for the time he was on and if everyone else had his attitude we would have won.

Wellens. 5. The only positive is the new guys will have minutes in the legs and Mccart looks a decent signing. The game itself, we tippy tippy it about then lose it over and over. Is that Wellens fault when earlier in the season we tippy tappy it about then score a worldie. Fine lines in football but we need to do something different at least until we get some confidence back.

Ref. 7. Good game

Tranmere. 6. Worked hard like you would expect a side looking to make the play offs at home would do. We are a shadow of ourselves however.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Ratings.

Post by Sid Bishop »

'' If it’s due to fitness that is a disgrace at this stage of the season''
Fully agree !
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Our worst performance of the season, mainly down to fielding a midfield that had no bite which meant we didn't turn up until the 75th minute. I thought Wellens was trying to be too clever last week starting two CB's who'd not played alongside each other before and he goes and does the same this week in midfield. Moncur, ineffective or unfit, is turning into a luxury we can't afford and Lyden was anonymous. Sadlier spent most of the game providing no protection for Hunt and their goal was always going to come down that side. James and Archibald were off their their game and Kelman was feeding off scraps.
Hedmans Header
Fresh Alias

Post by Hedmans Header »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:30 pm Vigouroux. 6. Nothing to do. No chance with the goal.
Hunt. 4.5. A lot of people rate him including Wellens. I don’t see it at least on the basis of the last few games. Not comfortable on the ball and a headless chicken.

Totally agree on the assessment of Hunt,
If I were Jayden Sweeney or even more
Connor Wood I’d be bitterly disappointed
I’m playing second fiddle to Hunt..
Even more so in the aspect of Wood in that
he had to leave the club as it was felt there
was better options ahead of him ..
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:30 pm
Lyden. 4.5. Hasn’t played for a year and it showed. Can’t remember any contribution of note.
It’s absolutely shocking that we’ve signed a bloke who hasn’t played for almost a year and have actually put him into a starting line up where he(somewhat predictably) puts in such a poor performance.

It’s borderline amateurish. The kind of thing you’d expect from a club lingering around the bottom of the conference South, not a team genuinely challenging for the League 2 title.

I feel like the decision bring Lyden in and stick him in the team is getting lost in the general malaise of our recent poor form but when you think about it, it’s an utterly shambolic situation.
Last edited by The Reverend on Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

I wouldn’t even give any player a rating on todays performance.
I would give RW a -1
Fielding a player who hasn’t played for 12 months alongside Moncur, which meant no CM.
Lyden was so off the pace it was embarrassing.
Moncur did what Moncur does.
James had his worst game in an O’s shirt.
Sadlier was isolated and did’t look like he knew what to do or why he had joined Orient.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

I Thought McCart d was 5H!T3 according to all the experts last week & is just a cheap option ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:36 pm I Thought McCart d was 5H!T3 according to all the experts last week & is just a cheap option ?
On last weeks performance he was . Better today .
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Vig 6

James 4 gave it away a lot
Beckles 6 looked solid
Mccart 6 as beckles
Hunt 5

Pratley 6 runs and runs
Moncur 6 carried the ball well i thought
Lyden 6 didn't notice him

Sadlier 6
Archibald 5 too many stray passes
Kelman 5 not the man we need up front, are we not creating for him or is his movement not good enough?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:41 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:36 pm I Thought McCart d was 5H!T3 according to all the experts last week & is just a cheap option ?
On last weeks performance he was . Better today .
So Moaners get stuff wrong ? #metoo
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Warning these are based on the stream so massively less reliable than from those there:

Vigaro 6 - nowt to do as per most weeks, distribution fine.
James 5 - massively disappointing.
Hunt 6 - done a job.
Beckles - 7. MOTM. Showed what we've been missing.
McCart - 5. Did get better as the game went on, I guess. Might even get a 6/10 next week if he keeps improving. Why the f*** he's being picked over Thompson I cannot tell you.
Lydon - 5. Looks like someone who hasn't played football for a year.
Pratley - 7. Standard.
Moncur - 4.
Theo - 6. Tried.
Sadlier - 5. Some glimpses.
Kelman - 5. Can't play the lone striker role, too small and weak.

Subs:
Smith 5. Missed the one chance we made.
Clay 6. Does what he does.
Ruel 5.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:24 pm
It’s absolutely shocking that we’ve signed a bloke who hasn’t played for almost a year and have actually put him into a starting line up where he(somewhat predictably) puts in such a poor performance.

It’s borderline amateurish. The kind of thing you’d expect from a club lingering around the bottom of the conference South, not a team genuinely challenging for the League 2 title.

I feel like the decision bring Lyden in and stick him in the team is getting lost in the general malaise of our recent poor form but when you think about it, it’s an utterly shambolic situation.
With El Miz suspended and Brown presumably injured, Richie didn't have much other choice.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:04 pm Warning these are based on the stream so massively less reliable than from those there:

Hunt 6 - done a job.
McCart - 5. Did get better as the game went on, I guess. Might even get a 6/10 next week if he keeps improving. Why the f*** he's being picked over Thompson I cannot tell you.
Pratley - 7. Standard.
Moncur - 4.
Theo - 6. Tried.

Subs:
Ruel 5.
Omar scored Tranmeres Winning goal & you mark him MoM ?
The Reverend
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by The Reverend »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:06 pm
The Reverend wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:24 pm

With El Miz suspended and Brown presumably injured, Richie didn't have much other choice.
My point is, why are we bringing in fellas who haven’t played for a year in the first place?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:04 pm Warning these are based on the stream so massively less reliable than from those there:

Hunt 6 - done a job.
Pratley - 7. Standard.
Moncur - 4.
Theo - 6. Tried.

Subs:
Ruel 5.
Agree with all that. Sadlier will come good but had no idea where to position himself, when to press or how the overlap would work, which is fair enough, he signed yesterday.

Playing Lydon was plain odd given we had Clay available. You could see there's a decent player there at times but he was patently off the pace, in a way that may take 2-3 months to sort. Which is not a luxury we can afford in a promotion race.

Loathe to criticise Wellens but he got that one completely wrong.
DaveDunmore
Fresh Alias

Post by DaveDunmore »

Hunt 6 - done a job.
Pratley - 7. Standard.
Moncur - 4.
Theo - 6. Tried.

Subs:
Ruel 5.
most managers including Wellens play left right partnership at c/half
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Vigs 6 Nothing much to do. No chance with the goal

James 3 Terrible game. No control, terrible weigh of pass. Worst Ive seen him play

Hunt 5 Involved a lot, but doesnt fill me with confidence

Beckles 6 Unlucky with the goal. Was decent until that

McCart 6 Decent game

Pratley 6 Runs and runs. Amazing for his age

Lyden 4 Looked like a bloke who hadnt played for a year.Oh wait a minute..........

Moncur 1 Bloody awful player. Nothing he does ever comes to anything. passes back and sideways all the time. What a mistake bringing him here
Archibald 5. Theo tries, he always tries, but he's not the same player as last season.

Sadlier 5 Could be anything really. Hard to tell today

Kelman 5 Do i feel sorry for this guy. works his bollocks off, but never gets put in, never gets any help up front

Subs
Smith 6 Missed a sitter, brought something different to the party

Sotiriou 5 nothing much comes off for him these days

Clay 7 Should have started. Worked his nuts off, great attitude
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:12 pm

Hunt 6 - done a job.
Pratley - 7. Standard.
Moncur - 4.
Theo - 6. Tried.

Subs:
Ruel 5.

Agree with all that. Sadlier will come good but had no idea where to position himself, when to press or how the overlap would work, which is fair enough, he signed yesterday.

Playing Lydon was plain odd given we had Clay available. You could see there's a decent player there at times but he was patently off the pace, in a way that may take 2-3 months to sort. Which is not a luxury we can afford in a promotion race.

That’s two weeks running!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:36 pm Vigs 6 Nothing much to do. No chance with the goal

James 3 Terrible game. No control, terrible weigh of pass. Worst Ive seen him play

Hunt 5 Involved a lot, but doesnt fill me with confidence

Beckles 6 Unlucky with the goal. Was decent until that

McCart 6 Decent game

Pratley 6 Runs and runs. Amazing for his age

Lyden 4 Looked like a bloke who hadnt played for a year.Oh wait a minute..........

Moncur 1 Bloody awful player. Nothing he does ever comes to anything. passes back and sideways all the time. What a mistake bringing him here
Archibald 5. Theo tries, he always tries, but he's not the same player as last season.

Sadlier 5 Could be anything really. Hard to tell today

Kelman 5 Do i feel sorry for this guy. works his bollocks off, but never gets put in, never gets any help up front

Subs
Smith 6 Missed a sitter, brought something different to the party

Sotiriou 5 nothing much comes off for him these days

Clay 7 Should have started. Worked his nuts off, great attitude
We were 0-0 when Moncur went off , strange he gets only 1 !
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Look people it is not great but still top 🔝 of the league and also I don’t think that anyone will leave I think because we lost to day and we have dropped our performance in later games but I think everyone is over thinking we just need to get better at what we are doing
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:12 pm

Hunt 6 - done a job.
Pratley - 7. Standard.
Moncur - 4.
Theo - 6. Tried.

Subs:
Ruel 5.

Clay cannot play as the 4. He just can't do it. And you're not going to play football with Clay anywhere in your midfield.

If you're going to play Clay and Pratley as your middle pairing, you may as well stick Smith up top and go direct.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

faith1234 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:24 pm Look people it is not great but still top 🔝 of the league and also I don’t think that anyone will leave I think because we lost to day and we have dropped our performance in later games but I think everyone is over thinking we just need to get better at what we are doing
A less difficult run of games to come in february as well faith .
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Hunt 6 - done a job.
Pratley - 7. Standard.
Moncur - 4.
Theo - 6. Tried.

Subs:
Ruel 5.
Agree Thompson should have started. He deserves that after his performances the other week. McCart was much better this week.

Midfield didn’t work. Sadlier and Lydon were way off the pace. Personally I would have played Clay in there with Ruel and given the new guys half an hour against tired legs.

We are nothing like the side we were 3 months ago. Much work to do to get us back to that level but it can be done.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Fresh Alias

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Two teams playing tappy tappy football creating nothing. I guess Tranmere shaded it, at least being dangerous attacking down their right hand side. Felt sorry for Hunt often facing two against one. Personally I thought Lyden was better than Sadlier. At least he gave Hunt a little assistance in the first half. Don't recall Sadlier ever tracking back to help, hopefully not another Maguire-Drew. I thought this may been the reason Archibald who does track back, was switched over in the second half.
Last edited by Chelmsford Swimmer on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Who's Lydon ?