Has RW lost the plot

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Has RW lost the plot

Post by cockhat »

?
Jeremy Bentham
Fresh Alias

Re: Has RW lost the plot

Post by Jeremy Bentham »

I can't remember what the plot was?
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Jeremy Bentham wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:54 pm I can't remember what the plot was?
I think promotion was in there but not sure.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Something is lost for sure
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

A winning mentality springs to mind.
oriboy
Fresh Alias

Post by oriboy »

In my opinion we have lost the belief, i think the Stevenage game has taken itrs toll and we just have not got that winning mentality any more.
In laymans terms, "we have lost our swagger"
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

oriboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:15 pm In my opinion we have lost the belief, i think the Stevenage game has taken itrs toll and we just have not got that winning mentality any more.
Way before Stevenage.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

oriboy wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:15 pm In my opinion we have lost the belief, i think the Stevenage game has taken itrs toll and we just have not got that winning mentality any more.
Northampton loss, not getting the attacking players we needed in before Stevenage and then getting a pasting there has really knocked them for 6 it seems
Frogger
Fresh Alias

Post by Frogger »

Has this squad over achieved and now the bubble has burst and the true standard is coming through?

With the transfers made it sums up this clubs ambition.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Frogger wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:38 pm Has this squad over achieved and now the bubble has burst and the true standard is coming through?

Sadly that looks the case .
Greenwich Orient
Fresh Alias

Post by Greenwich Orient »

Our last 7 or 8 is such grim reading. I still think we have enough of a buffer between us and 4th to turn it around before having to worry too much about playoffs, albeit a slim buffer, but there’s certainly a bit of doubt starting to creep in. Anyway, playoffs means an impending trumps to Wembley, which we’ll inevitably win if it happens. Up the O’s.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Frogger wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:38 pm Has this squad over achieved and now the bubble has burst and the true standard is coming through?

I think that's a PERFECT summary.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Greenwich Orient wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:46 pm Our last 7 or 8 is such grim reading. I still think we have enough of a buffer between us and 4th to turn it around before having to worry too much about playoffs, albeit a slim buffer, but there’s certainly a bit of doubt starting to creep in. Anyway, playoffs means an impending trumps to Wembley, which we’ll inevitably win if it happens. Up the O’s.
No chance we’d win a Wembley!
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

He steered the club into a great position. Ever since that break after the Bradford game, the team has played like absolute sh*t. The players saw the gap to 2nd and the gap to 4th and thought they could go down a few gears and a couple of bad results wouldn’t make a difference. And now what? Stevenage could be 4 points clear if they win their games in hand and if Northampton and Carlisle both win their games in hand, we will be 6 points off 4th.

The club should have added in the areas we were lacking for the start of January. Now Wellens has had to piece together a team because of injuries and suspensions and integrate them in a poor run of form.

We’re very predictable to defend against and we have no one fit enough to link the midfield to attack.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:49 pm

There are some parallels with last season in a way

Last year, set off quickly looking playoff contenders. Not enough depth to sustain it, diabolical January window then fell away to lower half and below

This year, set of super quickly looking title contenders when perhaps even those at the club would've really thought play-offs as a realistic target. Not enough depth to sustain it, slow January window leading to losing momentum as our rivals strengthen.

Now the question is can we hold onto the top 3 spot that we gave ourselves such a good start at cementing and does the club have the ambition for it?
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:01 pm

Last year, set off quickly looking playoff contenders. Not enough depth to sustain it, diabolical January window then fell away to lower half and below

This year, set of super quickly looking title contenders when perhaps even those at the club would've really thought play-offs as a realistic target. Not enough depth to sustain it, slow January window leading to losing momentum as our rivals strengthen.

Now the question is can we hold onto the top 3 spot that we gave ourselves such a good start at cementing and does the club have the ambition for it?
The parallels with last season are there for all to see but unfortunately some choose not to recognise them. Still time to correct issues of course but things need to improve pronto.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

No!
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Something is very wrong, I wonder if the club didn’t allow RW to go for his first choice players but only agreed to second or third choice cheapo options.The whole transfer is so slow a snail could sign someone decent before us.
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

cockhat wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:04 pm

No!
Yes of course we can
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

redintheface wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:03 pm

The parallels with last season are there for all to see but unfortunately some choose not to recognise them. Still time to correct issues of course but things need to improve pronto.
You can forget about any quality strikers coming in for a start . That's not going to happen .
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Signing kids on loan who have never played league football before AND blokes who are not match fit (some of whom haven’t played competitive football for nearly a year) is completely unacceptable for a club who are supposed to be making a serious challenge for the league title.

It’s shocking really. It can’t just be coincidence that the exact same thing happened at the exact same time last season. The only difference this time around is that we’d built up a bigger bank of points before the nosedive began.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

y o y o y wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:09 pm
cockhat wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:04 pm

No!
Yes of course we can
We need to score goals to win . For whatever reason too many of our players are now playing badly .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

The Reverend wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:11 pm Signing kids on loan who have never played league football before AND blokes who are not match fit (some of whom haven’t played competitive football for nearly a year) is completely unacceptable for a club who are supposed to be making a serious challenge for the league title.

It’s shocking really. It can’t just be coincidence that the exact same thing happened at the exact same time last season. The only difference this time around is that we’d built up a bigger bank of points before the nosedive began.
Plus our late signings didn't really help us .
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

I think the pressure is really going to be on Wellens in the coming weeks. Our current form is shocking, considering what we were like for the first half of the season, and Wellens is going to have to come up with a solution. I’ve not seen any signs over the last 7 games that he’s got one.

It’s entirely possible that in 4 games time we’ll be out of the top 3. That is not worrying, it’s disastrous.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

We was never going to win everything we had to have a bad patch sooner or later