The Positivity Thread- we can still go up as Champs

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: The Positivity Thread- we can still go up as Champs

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:36 am We need to hope that Swindon do us a favour tomorrow night against Fat Boy’s Stevenage.
My concern is not so much bringing in more and more strikers in , but for us to start creating chances for the ones that we have.
We have forgotten how to score goals and it is a massive gamble for the board to think that what we have will definitely get us promoted.
Pratley, El Miz, Clay, Brown are all good hard working players but aren’t prolific goalscorers and if Theo, Moncs’ and Smyth are struggling then something needs to change.
Of course we can and should get promoted this season but whatever strikers are playing they need some service and creativity.
I was just thinking , how many goals have our strikers actually scored this season .? I can only remember Kelman and Sotiriou scoring one each All our goals seem to come from our midfielders or defenders .
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

Keep the faith, fans :)
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Kelman has 4 goals
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:15 am
Cheshunto wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:36 am We need to hope that Swindon do us a favour tomorrow night against Fat Boy’s Stevenage.
My concern is not so much bringing in more and more strikers in , but for us to start creating chances for the ones that we have.
We have forgotten how to score goals and it is a massive gamble for the board to think that what we have will definitely get us promoted.
Pratley, El Miz, Clay, Brown are all good hard working players but aren’t prolific goalscorers and if Theo, Moncs’ and Smyth are struggling then something needs to change.
Of course we can and should get promoted this season but whatever strikers are playing they need some service and creativity.
I was just thinking , how many goals have our strikers actually scored this season .? I can only remember Kelman and Sotiriou scoring one each All our goals seem to come from our midfielders or defenders .
We have scored 3 less than stevenage 4 less than northampton we have conceded less goals than any other. Still trying to suck every ounce of joy RED , you should be a T*ry politician !!
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:19 pm
We have scored 3 less than stevenage 4 less than northampton we have conceded less goals than any other. Still trying to suck every ounce of joy RED , you should be a T*ry politician !!
Are those stats for the overall team or just strikers ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:20 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:19 pm

Are those stats for the overall team or just strikers ?
overall I did the goals &scorers on here before christmas , go look it up !
StowieO
Fresh Alias

Post by StowieO »

It would be nice, but I'm personally not too bothered about being champions. I know our form has been poor, but look at what lies ahead when considering we have a 15 point cushion to 4th.

From our remaining games, both us and Northampton have only 7 games left against top half teams. Stevo, Salford, Swindon, Bradford and Barnsley have 10. Carlisle have 11. It could be argued that we have an easier run in, particularly because little separates the teams between 4th and 9th, plus as the season progresses there will be little for the lower teams to play for, except the 3 or 4 that will be at risk of relegation.

Then again, this is Orient!
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

When are we supposed to play Barnsley, I can't see them on my fixture list ?