Tory Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Tory Watch

Post by Dunners »

Charles Walker letting loose with both barrels.

And, is it true that after the 3 line whip shambles, Truss herself abstained from voting?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

:shock: Some of those names!

The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Dunners wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:09 pm :shock: Some of those names!

Although Truss couldn't vote "because she was dealing with the chief whipps registration ", are those names gonna lose the whip as was announced earlier in the day if they did.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dunners wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:06 pm Charles Walker letting loose with both barrels.

And, is it true that after the 3 line whip shambles, Truss herself abstained from voting?
He really did . "TALENTLESS PEOPLE " AReal kick in the bow locks for some on his team.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Another fun day ahead. Blimey O'Reilly!

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

So they are gonna remove the whip from some senior tories? Asif
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:12 am So they are gonna remove the whip from some senior tories? Asif
Ask the lettuce
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Is it time?

tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Being discussed on Media , shes gone
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The lettuce won!
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Oh dear, how sad, never mind
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

All that will happen is that we will get another tw*t
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Tory bastards. They knew she aimed for something different for our country but didn't like it when she tried. Think even Churchill would not have survived this lot. Back to the establishment public school crap no doubt no doubt. I am so so pissed with this
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Story of O wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:00 pm All that will happen is that we will get another tw*t
Yup - they seem to have an endless supply.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Harlow wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:06 pm Tory bastards. They knew she aimed for something different for our country but didn't like it when she tried. Think even Churchill would not have survived this lot. Back to the establishment public school crap no doubt no doubt. I am so so pissed with this
Just maths isnt it? Her plan was to tax less but spend more, leaving a gaping hole in the budget. The banks thought it was bonkers and increased govt borrowing costs.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

She lasted as long as Brian Clough did at Leeds
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The new PM will be the second one to be elected without a General Election
In a democracy, this is outrageous. There has to be a General Election now. You can't have one party running the country without a mandate from the electorate
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Why doesn't Graham Brady just tell us who the next PM is now and we can do away with this pretence of democracy bollocks.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Reported that Boris Johnson intends to stand for PM again.

I'm all for torches and pitchforks now.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

The Times reports B*dge will stand for leader. Un-F*cking believable ! T*ry SCUM are a shambles .
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

It's a moot point now, I guess, but I wonder if all the "confusion" about whether last night's vote was a confidence one was quite deliberate and aimed at shoring her up for a few more weeks.

My thinking goes thusly. Firstly, why make the support or otherwise of the Labour motion a confidence matter in the first place? That's entirely in the hands of No 10 and the Whips - but why that particular motion - it's important, but it's not that important to make it a confidence matter, is it?

There were a large number of Tory MPs minded to vote with Labour (or abstain at least) on the Fracking motion, especially given that such a vote would be in the spirit of their 2019 manifesto position. Many of these same rebels may also have handed in letters of no confidence to the 1922 Chair - so, as one stated in the chamber, if they were to have the whip removed, then their letters would fall and not be counted against Truss. He stated that this was why he was not going to abstain or vote with Labour, because he didn't want his letter of no confidence to fall. Presumably many others of the potential rebels realised the same as he did.

So, No 10 puts out a statement the the vote was not, in fact, going to be a confidence motion, so that the rebels would feel emboldened enough to abstain / vote with Labour. Then the whips say "Actually, it WAS a confidence motion, and you're all in big trouble" - thus enabling them to withdraw the whip from the rebels and, crucially, remove their letters from the pile on Sir Graham Brady's desk - buying Truss a little more time.

Didn't work, obvs, but that's my theory on the shenanigans' last night.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

StillSpike wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:01 pm It's a moot point now, I guess, but I wonder if all the "confusion" about whether last night's vote was a confidence one was quite deliberate and aimed at shoring her up for a few more weeks.

My thinking goes thusly. Firstly, why make the support or otherwise of the Labour motion a confidence matter in the first place? That's entirely in the hands of No 10 and the Whips - but why that particular motion - it's important, but it's not that important to make it a confidence matter, is it?

There were a large number of Tory MPs minded to vote with Labour (or abstain at least) on the Fracking motion, especially given that such a vote would be in the spirit of their 2019 manifesto position. Many of these same rebels may also have handed in letters of no confidence to the 1922 Chair - so, as one stated in the chamber, if they were to have the whip removed, then their letters would fall and not be counted against Truss. He stated that this was why he was not going to abstain or vote with Labour, because he didn't want his letter of no confidence to fall. Presumably many others of the potential rebels realised the same as he did.

So, No 10 puts out a statement the the vote was not, in fact, going to be a confidence motion, so that the rebels would feel emboldened enough to abstain / vote with Labour. Then the whips say "Actually, it WAS a confidence motion, and you're all in big trouble" - thus enabling them to withdraw the whip from the rebels and, crucially, remove their letters from the pile on Sir Graham Brady's desk - buying Truss a little more time.

You could be right.

I'm plumping for the theory that they're all utter fannies and need to be chased into the sea. Immediately.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

50 T*ry MPs to resign if B*dge is the next leader .
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Admin wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:32 pm
StillSpike wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:01 pm It's a moot point now, I guess, but I wonder if all the "confusion" about whether last night's vote was a confidence one was quite deliberate and aimed at shoring her up for a few more weeks.

You could be right.

I'm plumping for the theory that they're all utter fannies and need to be chased into the sea. Immediately.
Please forewarn the RNLI so that they don't try and rescue them.....
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »