Woke watch.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB

Re: Woke watch.

Post by CEB »

Yes, the framing of it as a culture war - even the “wokeness” angle - is allowing really dodgy people to present themselves as being on the right side of history on this, and they’re doing so gleefully. A lot of the opposition (even ostensibly feminist opposition) to trans activism is equally, if not more, regressive, and points like faldO’s aren’t rare, because at least some of the opposition to trans activism actually is from a “but boys shouldn’t wear dresses!” angle.
It’s partly why I’m so strident on it, cos my take on this really is motivated by having seen and worked with gender non-conforming kids who, today, would be been on mermaids’ radar and would be led to believe their bodies are wrong.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

It’s important that you are as strident with the bigots latching onto these issues. See above.
CEB

Post by CEB »

TRUMP Plumbing wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:10 am It’s important that you are as strident with the bigots latching onto these issues. See above.

I took issue with what he said and explained what my issue was and why he was wrong. If he were to double down or dismiss then I’d probably make a further point.
But my point remains that my focus is on the left who don’t get it, because I want to be able to remain on the left, voting for left wing candidates, without it adding tacit support to sexist causes that harm gender non-conforming kids.
I don’t think “isn’t sufficiently strident in opposing the right wing on here” is something I’m vulnerable to accusations of, and again, the reason I’ve double down on the discourse with Mick is because after his own initial strident certainty, his follow ups when scrutinised have been embarrassingly bad.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

So no you won't be more strident with the fascists attaching to the anti trans cause or yes you will?

Perhaps being clearer about opposing the extremes of trans activists instead of trans people in general might help. Your fascist bedfellows in your movement don't make the distinction. They just want to promote hate and division. You are creating the space for them to do it.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:34 am So no you won't be more strident with the fascists attaching to the anti trans cause or yes you will?

Perhaps being clearer about opposing the extremes of trans activists instead of trans people in general might help. Your fascist bedfellows in your movement don't make the distinction. They just want to promote hate and division. You are creating the space for them to do it.
FaldO was being fascist?
:clown

And MBGold, again, I know you won’t let this sink in, but there is no “extreme” trans activism. The mainstream of trans activism *is* extreme. By your *own* standards as expressed here.

Now read the article about Mermaids I just posted and get back to me to confirm that you agree that they need shutting down
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:40 am
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:34 am So no you won't be more strident with the fascists attaching to the anti trans cause or yes you will?

FaldO was being fascist?
:clown

And MBGold, again, I know you won’t let this sink in, but there is no “extreme” trans activism. The mainstream of trans activism *is* extreme. By your *own* standards as expressed here.

Now read the article about Mermaids I just posted and get back to me to confirm that you agree that they need shutting down
I wasn't talking about Faldo. He's on foe.

I note, that yet again, you don't distance yourself from the fascists in your movement.

I've made my point. I'm not going to be contributing any further to fuel your obsession with persecuting a minority.
CEB

Post by CEB »

“Again, you don’t distance yourself from the fascists in your movement”

Er, I unequivocally, absolutely recognise and condemn the right wing opposition to trans activism, and I actively call it out where I see it. If you happen to have faldO on block, then that’s up to you but means that you didn’t see when I, er, took issue with his right wing conservative objection to a Virgin policy.

You’re a fool.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:52 am “Again, you don’t distance yourself from the fascists in your movement”

Er, I unequivocally, absolutely recognise and condemn the right wing opposition to trans activism, and I actively call it out where I see it. If you happen to have faldO on block, then that’s up to you but means that you didn’t see when I, er, took issue with his right wing conservative objection to a Virgin policy.

You’re a fool.
Perhaps but at least I'm not in bed with the fascists.
CEB

Post by CEB »

You agree with the fascists that the sky is blue, just as I agree with them that sex exists.

Honestly, you really are incredibly tiresome, and it’s embarrassing to see.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Bit odd for MBGold to be like “opposing trans activism makes you a fascist” on the day a Mermaids trustee resigns after being revealed to be a paedophile apologist who has publicly discussed reframing paedophilia and sexuality of children.

I guess if happening to agree with the right wing that sex exists and matters makes me fascist aligned, then MBGold must be aligned with nonces?
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

CEB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:52 am “Again, you don’t distance yourself from the fascists in your movement”

You’re a fool.
At no point did I object to the Virgin policy - I simply posted it in the Woke watch thread because it's a bit woke, whatever peoples' views are of it.

Like you (I assume), I couldn't really care less what their staff wear so long as I arrive safely, refreshed, and on time.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:57 am You agree with the fascists that the sky is blue, just as I agree with them that sex exists.

You are the embarrassment. Not to mention obsessively tiresome.

You're campaigning in a movement where they are active for the purposes Dunners suggested earlier. It's not just an agreement that sex exists. That's a big difference.

You carry on attacking the "Left" as some sort of self appointed spokesMAN for "real" women. That way we will know you're on the left.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

And you're campaigning in a movement that is harming children and women.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

How can I hate women, my dads one.
CEB

Post by CEB »

faldO wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:39 am

You’re a fool.
At no point did I object to the Virgin policy - I simply posted it in the Woke watch thread because it's a bit woke, whatever peoples' views are of it.

Like you (I assume), I couldn't really care less what their staff wear so long as I arrive safely, refreshed, and on time.
Fair enough - I thought you were taking issue with it, if not, we’re good - as I was trying to say above, my issue is that I think that I didn’t have any need to be more forceful in my reply to you, as it seemed conversational more than anything, not like you were outlining a policy belief.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:55 am
CEB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:57 am You agree with the fascists that the sky is blue, just as I agree with them that sex exists.

You are the embarrassment. Not to mention obsessively tiresome.

You're campaigning in a movement where they are active for the purposes Dunners suggested earlier. It's not just an agreement that sex exists. That's a big difference.

You carry on attacking the "Left" as some sort of self appointed spokesMAN for "real" women. That way we will know you're on the left.
Actually Max, the fact that sex exists and matters is the only point on which I do agree with the right wing take. You’re absolutely welcome to raise any belief or position I’ve advocated and scrutinise it for an underpinning right wing belief. And I won’t even say “sorry - game day!” and disappear. I won’t even invent a fictional person to agree with me, I’ll do it all by myself
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

How many times? It's emblematic of your entrenched distaste for trans women to deny the existence of the Postie. She is a real person.

Don't see you punching right against the far right in your movement or even taking down the provocative trolling of your Deputy Leader Rowling . All I see is constant attacks on the left (plus personal insults) and silence on the involvement of fascists
CEB

Post by CEB »

You admitted to making her up in the thread. I’m not surprised that you don’t remember.

I’m not sure what movement you’re referring to. What I see is someone woefully uninformed attempting to shift focus onto a tenuous idea that because the far right are anti-trans, disagreeing with tenets of trans activism must therefore be right wing. If that’s the case, then you won’t have any problem at all pointing out a right wing or otherwise indefensible position I’ve advocated.
Unfortunately you’re completely unable to do so.

Now, anything to say about the fact that the most well known, leading charity claiming to support “trans children” has today had a trustee resign for being a paedophile apologist? That’d be the charity that you’ve accused me of being “right wing” for criticising.

I’m supremely unconcerned about accusations of being aligned with the right, because I maintain that the left are demonstrably wrong on this. Anyone who thinks that criticising Mermaids, criticising males in womens sport, has no place in the left is damaging the left, which is why I am more interested in arguing with the left than the right. I don’t want to vote for the right, so I don’t need to convince them to represent me.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Do you think all the righties who are in agreement with you are better informed than mick mcquaid or MBG?
CEB

Post by CEB »

No - I think righties haven’t accepted an obvious untruth as a political position, but the right wing aren’t interested in using reality as a means to advocate for women, but are interested in it as a vulnerability of the left.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:38 pm You admitted to making her up in the thread. I’m not surprised that you don’t remember.
Show me where I said that.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

what is a woman haven't a clue anymore. :?:
CEB

Post by CEB »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:46 pm
CEB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:38 pm You admitted to making her up in the thread. I’m not surprised that you don’t remember.
By all means; here’s the relevant exchange.
Feel free to tell me how you reconcile “LOLyou fell for my elaborate WUM” with “HOW DARE YOU NOT BELIEVE ME TO BE CREDIBLE” - I’d suggest that if you want your contextual information about real life people to be taken seriously, you don’t mix up reality and fantasy in a poorly judged, self confessed WUM about a subject you don’t fully understand?

Utterly facile. But, well done, to your credit you successfully have continued to manage to ignore the point about the charity having a nonce apologist trustee
Attachments
0C39515C-9ACC-45EC-B1E2-199CE5C7920F.jpeg
0C39515C-9ACC-45EC-B1E2-199CE5C7920F.jpeg (101.5 KiB) Viewed 402 times
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CEB wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:21 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:46 pm
By all means; here’s the relevant exchange.
Feel free to tell me how you reconcile “LOLyou fell for my elaborate WUM” with “HOW DARE YOU NOT BELIEVE ME TO BE CREDIBLE” - I’d suggest that if you want your contextual information about real life people to be taken seriously, you don’t mix up reality and fantasy in a poorly judged, self confessed WUM about a subject you don’t fully understand?

Utterly facile. But, well done, to your credit you successfully have continued to manage to ignore the point about the charity having a nonce apologist trustee
So we have established conclusively that I didn't actually say what you said I did. It's the usual J K CEBling trick of attributing words and motives to Boarders with no respect for the truth. Thank you for proving me right.

I don't think the WUM was poorly judged BTW. The moment you bit was mildly amusing and got better as you kept on biting harder until all you had left were personal insults.
CEB

Post by CEB »

You don’t think the WUM was misjudged, and yet here you are, blaming the person you did the wind up at, for the fact that he disbelieves some bits of your point that you’d actually like him to believe?

In another words “look, I can bullshit you to get a reaction, but if you then think I might be bullshitting you, that’s on you”

You’re a willy mate. And you still haven’t articulated a single argument against any position I hold. Back on the block list for you, I think.