3pm Monday 22 April...

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: 3pm Monday 22 April...

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Esteban wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:09 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:46 pm
Esteban wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:17 pm Couldn’t get a ticket (despite having been to almost 20 away games this season).
That’s shocking.
Funnily enough I’m not too fussed about it. Can’t reallt be angry at Orient for this one. As far as I’m aware their ground is some 3000 capacity dump. Wasn’t too shocked that tickets were hard to come by. Could have got one in the home end but didn’t really fancy that.

Happy to watch in the supporters lounge. Have no idea why BT sport don’t do the day pass thing which Sky does.
Sure but you could see this coming a mile off, plans should have been made to recognise the likes of you earlier.

I’ve followed some advice on here and modbro with a vpn should see you right.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:45 pm ...

Sure but you could see this coming a mile off, plans should have been made to recognise the likes of you earlier.
1. First time in history of Orient an away league game gas seen demand so outstrip supply

2. What plans? Can't have loyalty scheme when most gaMrs are pay on gate or home club sold tickets, not Orient
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

MrB wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:20 pm I’ve bottled it...I’m not going to watch or listen to it..I’ve got myself a driving job for an airport run at 3pm.I promise you guys you won’t believe how nervous I am.I will not want to know the result until after the game,I won’t handle it otherwise.Sad I know.
Hopefully your passengers wont notice how erratic you will be driving.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

spen666 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:16 pm

1. First time in history of Orient an away league game gas seen demand so outstrip supply

2. What plans? Can't have loyalty scheme when most gaMrs are pay on gate or home club sold tickets, not Orient
1) No it isn’t.

2) We’ve coped with such events in the past by issuing vouchers at the away games.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:33 pm

1) No it isn’t.

2) We’ve coped with such events in the past by issuing vouchers at the away games.
Like I said, I’m not too miffed. I understand that it’s an unfortunate circumstance that this particular game happens to be in the smallest dump in the league.

Personally, I fully suspect this one to go to the wire. League champion will be decided next Saturday. And if I’m wrong, I really won’t care! I’ll join in with the promotion party against Braintree (which I bought tickets for two months ago!!)
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

You’re a more understanding man than I am.

Agreed, it won’t be decided tomorrow. Sadly.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

1) No it isn’t.

1. A bare denial but I note that you didn't actually name a league game that was do over subscribed.

2. The club did operate a voucher scheme, the vouchers were ticket stubs from Barnet or Bromley games
TrickorTreat
Fresh Alias

Post by TrickorTreat »

I am in a land far far away but will be listening to Dulcet Dave
Ralphs Coate
Fresh Alias

Post by Ralphs Coate »

Listening to Dulcet Dave in the wee hours in OZ.
roffeys money
Fresh Alias

Post by roffeys money »

The hour of reckoning is approaching!
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

spen666 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:28 pm

1) No it isn’t.

1. A bare denial but I note that you didn't actually name a league game that was do over subscribed.

2. The club did operate a voucher scheme, the vouchers were ticket stubs from Barnet or Bromley games
1) Orient fans will remember away games in the past when demand for tickets outweighed supply.

2) Too little too late, that’s exactly my point.
Proposition Joe
Regular
Regular

Post by Proposition Joe »

I'm going. Doubt it'll be anywhere near settled today but had to be there.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

WickfordO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:24 pm
MrB wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:20 pm I’ve bottled it...I’m not going to watch or listen to it..I’ve got myself a driving job for an airport run at 3pm.I promise you guys you won’t believe how nervous I am.I will not want to know the result until after the game,I won’t handle it otherwise.Sad I know.
Hopefully your passengers wont notice how erratic you will be driving.
Naaah I’ll be fine 👌🏿
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

I'm a bit like that but will probably keep glancing at the scores. Squeaky bum time, big time.

COYOs
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

spen666 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:15 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:08 pm Which team you cheering for, spenny?

Spennymoor Town of course, as they host NLN Champions elect (Chorley) and Spennymoor Town could seal their place in the NLN play offs tomorrow

I will however be at Solihull tomorrow, so you can come and meet me in person. I'll be easily recognisable as I will be the one glued to the radio commentary of the Spennymoor game. Bar opens at 12 noon, so see you then
Doubt it will happen, but I hope Spennymoor turn Chorley over and give Stockport a reprieve for top spot. The Hatters have wobbled since their Trophy semi loss, but their long suffering fans must be due a step back upwards by now.

I’ll be watching our game in a pub. No ST this year, so no chance of nabbing a Solihull ticket.
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

VeganO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:11 pm I can't get a ticket. But you know what, I would be ecstatic if we clinch promotion tomorrow.
I am going on Sat & it would be wonderful to attend a game which would be one long celebration.
In the absence of that will gladly settle for the O's winning the league against Braintree.
My situation exactly mirrors this. I want one long party on Saturday afternoon ( and another one at Wembley next month). I will be watching on TV through clenched fingers and probably at times, from behind the sofa whilst listening to Dulcet Dave at the same time!
Urbane Vancelo
Fresh Alias

Post by Urbane Vancelo »

8.54am. Wetherspoons M40 Beaconsfield Services. My round.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Highwood Man wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:51 am
VeganO wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:11 pm I can't get a ticket. But you know what, I would be ecstatic if we clinch promotion tomorrow.
I am going on Sat & it would be wonderful to attend a game which would be one long celebration.
In the absence of that will gladly settle for the O's winning the league against Braintree.
My situation exactly mirrors this. I want one long party on Saturday afternoon ( and another one at Wembley next month). I will be watching on TV through clenched fingers and probably at times, from behind the sofa whilst listening to Dulcet Dave at the same time!
Has anyone tried this before? Will it be in sync?

I’ve attempted it with the live-streams hosted by the club, for obvious reasons, but there so far out it’s not possible.
Esteban
Fresh Alias

Post by Esteban »

1) No it isn’t.

You really are a strange individual. Seem to get kicks from being a WUM on a Leyton Orient message board. Very bizarre behaviour.

Btw I had ticket stubs (x2) from both Barnet and Bromley. Actually I have stubs from nearly 20 away games this season. However, I still couldn’t get a ticket. Not Orient’s fault. Solihull ground is a tiny dump so getting tickets was always going to be difficult.

Your initial post, making a dichotomy between the “loyal fans” who are going and those who aren’t is nothing more than a blatant WUM. You already got your ar*e handed to you on that Joey Barton thread so now you start a new one to wind people up. Really weird behaviour. Get a new hobby.
aylesburyos
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by aylesburyos »

Could not get a ticket. Too nervous to watch on tv. Will turn on tv at 4.50 in hope
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

It is pure luck that some of us got tickets. Fans like you Esteban thoroughly deserved one.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:19 am

1) No it isn’t.

1) Orient fans will remember away games in the past when demand for tickets outweighed supply.

2) Too little too late, that’s exactly my point.

1. So you can't name a league game where demand has exceeded supply to same extent this one did.

2. You can't suggest anything the club could have done better ?

Face it you just want to whinge and have no workable solutions
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:58 am

I’ve attempted it with the live-streams hosted by the club, for obvious reasons, but there so far out it’s not possible.
l find Daves commentary anything up to 2 minutes behind the live pictures 😒😒
RientO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by RientO »

BIGRON wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:24 pm
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:58 am

l find Daves commentary anything up to 2 minutes behind the live pictures 😒😒
I suppose I could pause the transmission on my TiVo and synchronise but then a goal could be shown on the phone that I am using to look at the Salford result. Think I will just have the BT Sport commentary. Having a full on Orient day at home right now as they are showing a re-run of the Harrogate game on 4KHD ahead of the main event. Hopefully the pixelation that plauged the rugby this weekend doesn't recur.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Will be listening to the commentary, and while I’ve a ticket for Saturday and would love to see us win promotion then, I’d settle for that match being a celebration were we to land it today, but am not expecting that to happen.