STOP THE GAME!

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: STOP THE GAME!

Post by Max Fowler »

Petrov788 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:40 pm
Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:14 am So all those chanting STOP THE GAME then throwing a buse at the ref were being massively over dramatic?

The way it spread around the ground, i thought we were looking at a potential fatality.

Idiots.
Do you not think people not knowing how serious the situation COULD HAVE BEEN, contributed to people wanting the game stopped - or trying to bring the incident to the attention of the players and officials? A lot of people are rightly worried and on edge about medical emergencies considering the high profile incidents in the last few years. No-one pays £20 quid to go and watch football and scream at the ref to stop the game for the sake of it :roll:
But some people in the West and East and North were doing exactly that, screaming at the ref just for the sake of it as they had no idea what was going on.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:33 pm
Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:34 am
Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:14 am So all those chanting STOP THE GAME then throwing a buse at the ref were being massively over dramatic?

The way it spread around the ground, i thought we were looking at a potential fatality.

Idiots.
The lady wasn't just feeling unwell, she collapsed. AT THAT POINT IN TIME IT WAS A POTENTIAL FATALITY. If it was in front of you, you would ignore it and continue watching the game ? Not sure a game should continue in those circumstances. Lady recovers and the game continues, what's the problem ?
I take it you sit close to the lady? Of course I’d expect those nearby to bring the matter to the attention of the stewards. Id also expect the stewards made the ref aware and have no issue if he chose to halt proceedings whilst she was treated.

I can’t understand why people in the North and West were chanting for the game to be stopped when they had no idea what was going on. That is my only point.
Because others pointed something BAD had happened !!!
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:34 pm

Idiots.
Do you not think people not knowing how serious the situation COULD HAVE BEEN, contributed to people wanting the game stopped - or trying to bring the incident to the attention of the players and officials? A lot of people are rightly worried and on edge about medical emergencies considering the high profile incidents in the last few years. No-one pays £20 quid to go and watch football and scream at the ref to stop the game for the sake of it :roll:
But some people in the West and East and North were doing exactly that, screaming at the ref just for the sake of it as they had no idea what was going on.
If paying football fans are screaming for the game to be stopped, it's quite likely they genuinely believe something really serious has happened - even if they've got that impression from somewhere else in the ground.

Be nice if the whole ground joined in more often with chants eminating from the South Stand. :lol:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Petrov788 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:57 pm
Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:34 pm

If paying football fans are screaming for the game to be stopped, it's quite likely they genuinely believe something really serious has happened - even if they've got that impression from somewhere else in the ground.

Be nice if the whole ground joined in more often with chants eminating from the South Stand. :lol:
Some of them are so bad even the TJS wont join in .
The Reverend
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Reverend »

Last edited by The Reverend on Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
KenleyO
Fresh Alias

Post by KenleyO »

The main issue as I saw it is that it was the Orient medical staff in attendance. What would happen if then an Orient player went down seriously injured? They can’t be in two places at once. The PFA should be all over this as it could seriously affect player welfare.