STOP THE GAME!

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

STOP THE GAME!

Post by Max Fowler »

What the heck was that all about?
Orient_Man_And_Boy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: STOP THE GAME!

Post by Orient_Man_And_Boy »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:00 pm What the heck was that all about?
A person was taken ill in the eastern end of the TJS. Medical staff attended but I don’t know the outcome.

Despite comments to the contrary the referee was under no obligation to halt play as the incident was not inferring with the game. Some may find that fact harsh to swallow but the emergency services dealt with matters.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:00 pm What the heck was that all about?
Yes, I was about to ask the same question . All I saw was two of our trainers running across the field and disappearing under the South Stand . That was followed by our supporters in the South Stand shouting " Stop the game ". Does anybody on here know exactly what happened . ? My best guess was somebody either fell down some steps in the South Stand or they had a heart attack .
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

All good news in the end.The lady was fine
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Glad to hear the person in question is fine.

Was it that serious? Couldn’t see anyone being carried out or anything dramatic like that.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Seems to be a bit of a modern thing. Dont recall in over past 20 years calling for a game to stop because of something like this.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Think so. If the medical people aren't being hindered by the game continuing then why stop it?
Holybourne Identity
Fresh Alias

Post by Holybourne Identity »

Would people want a motorway closed because medical aid is being given in one lane? I wouldn’t
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

According to a steward, the lady collapsed due to a severe allergic reaction but was fully recovered soon after.
B.whitehouse+10more
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by B.whitehouse+10more »

Admin wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:02 pm According to a steward, the lady collapsed due to a severe allergic reaction but was fully recovered soon after.
Might be allergic to The O’s winning :lol:
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Holybourne Identity wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:57 pm Would people want a motorway closed because medical aid is being given in one lane? I wouldn’t
It slows to a total halt because people stop and look so it essentially does close. Besides, this is not a three lane motorway but a game.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Yes the lady was okay
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

So all those chanting STOP THE GAME then throwing a buse at the ref were being massively over dramatic?

The way it spread around the ground, i thought we were looking at a potential fatality.

Idiots.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:14 am So all those chanting STOP THE GAME then throwing a buse at the ref were being massively over dramatic?

The way it spread around the ground, i thought we were looking at a potential fatality.

Idiots.
What a wonderful thing hindsight is.

I imagine at the time a lot of people thought is was an extremely serious incident and they tried to get focus on treatment for the lady in question - well done them. Our players and bench were trying to get the game stopped because no-one knew how serious the ladies condition was.

Another poxy EFL rule that the game continues no matter what. Life is more important than football and It could have been a lot worse but no-one knew that at the time, coming on here after the event and branding those people who were trying to draw attention to the ladies condition as idiots is particularly stupid.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Attention had been drawn to the lady by those near her and the paramedics rushed over to help her walk out of the ground.

Anyone chanting Stop The Game and singing The Referees a Wonker when they had no idea what was going on is indeed a bit of a Wally.
Fellowo
Fresh Alias

Post by Fellowo »

It's instances like this where it would be good to hear from the ref. Because this ranges from that he didnt care and just adhered to the EFL's stupid rules, or that via the comms he has, had already been told that she would be OK.

I'm suspecting it was the latter, as I'd like to think that both clubs would have refused to continue.
essexfootball
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by essexfootball »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:38 am Anyone chanting Stop The Game and singing The Referees a Wonker when they had no idea what was going on is indeed a bit of a Wally.
Agreed, was actually scary the number of people chanting in that was in different stands, nowhere near it

Madness is rare in individuals - but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:14 am So all those chanting STOP THE GAME then throwing a buse at the ref were being massively over dramatic?

Idiots.
The lady wasn't just feeling unwell, she collapsed. AT THAT POINT IN TIME IT WAS A POTENTIAL FATALITY. If it was in front of you, you would ignore it and continue watching the game ? Not sure a game should continue in those circumstances. Lady recovers and the game continues, what's the problem ?
WickfordO
Fresh Alias

Post by WickfordO »

I think the game should have been stopped only because if Orient had scored how would, or could, the fans around the incident have reacted and enjoyed it, or for that matter, around the ground? Would have been even worse if Tranmere had scored.
EH16
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by EH16 »

Nice to see the sociopaths out in the usual numbers
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

Idiots.
Do you not think people not knowing how serious the situation COULD HAVE BEEN, contributed to people wanting the game stopped - or trying to bring the incident to the attention of the players and officials? A lot of people are rightly worried and on edge about medical emergencies considering the high profile incidents in the last few years. No-one pays £20 quid to go and watch football and scream at the ref to stop the game for the sake of it :roll:
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

B.whitehouse+10more wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:09 pm
Admin wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:02 pm According to a steward, the lady collapsed due to a severe allergic reaction but was fully recovered soon after.
Might be allergic to The O’s winning :lol:
Well I’m not 😁 . Anyway I’m glad to hear the lady in question is now OK and fully recovered.
OyinbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by OyinbO »

Can anyone explain how stopping the game would have improved her chances of recovery?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Idiots.
You never heard of
Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, then
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Chelmsford Swimmer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:34 am

Idiots.
The lady wasn't just feeling unwell, she collapsed. AT THAT POINT IN TIME IT WAS A POTENTIAL FATALITY. If it was in front of you, you would ignore it and continue watching the game ? Not sure a game should continue in those circumstances. Lady recovers and the game continues, what's the problem ?
I take it you sit close to the lady? Of course I’d expect those nearby to bring the matter to the attention of the stewards. Id also expect the stewards made the ref aware and have no issue if he chose to halt proceedings whilst she was treated.

I can’t understand why people in the North and West were chanting for the game to be stopped when they had no idea what was going on. That is my only point.