Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Labour Watch

Post by Dunners »

Cap-doffing is rife.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:20 am It's definitely not an act. But that's no reason to waste your time on him.
He serves a purpose though. He raises points in the way admin has described and then the sloppy thinking and incorrect assumptions are taken apart to highlight the bollox. I sometimes wonder if that's his aim from the outset.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Post by F*ck The Poor & Fat »

admin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:35 am Not sure I can add much more. You're embarrassing yourself if you're now about-facing on Formby's words which you happily relied on earlier.

You've replaced "rife" with "prevalent" (even though these carry almost entirely the same meaning) clearly on the basis that Formby has used the same terms yet conveniently ignored the context in how she's used "prevalent". And you know it.

And please don't throw the dignity thing in my direction. The only thing that's undignified is your inability to acknowledge where you're wrong.
It is hugely arrogant to assume you are the oracle in this matter. Your opinions are no more valid than mine. I remain respectful that your views differ from mine, you do not. You should. There is nothing wrong in disagreement. Quite healthy in fact.

This debate has moved forward generally in a positive manner in my opinion. The acceptance of the issues, the fact that it is not the half million members at fault, the issues not being effectively dealt with for some time, major steps being take. to put things right, what constitutes evidence, the infighting in the party, Even Cream acknowledgement that not all Tories are scum. The value of debate. Even ventured into Tories and Islamaphobia.

Formby used the word Prevalent. The context of the statement is clear and for fairness I even suggested looking at the statement for context. I can do no more than suggest people read it for themselves and draw their own conclusions. It is an acceptance on her part that antisemitism is no worse in the party that society in general, being critical of a colleague for creating the perception it is worse. That is interesting because I didn’t even consider Watson was suggesting it was worse until she said that.

So Antisemitism is no more prevalent in Labour than Society in general. That’s OK then. Let’s not expect higher standards from our elected leaders. Unless you believe there are no issues in society. Labour are fighting a massive reguard action, damage limitation. This issues I have said before stem from the top. More specifically the lack of action for the top. Not the rank and file, the top. The sooner the party deal with the root cause, the sooner this issue will disappear.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:04 am Cap-doffing is rife.
I wouldn't go that far. I'd say it's only prevalent.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:16 am
admin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:35 am Not sure I can add much more. You're embarrassing yourself if you're now about-facing on Formby's words which you happily relied on earlier.

You've replaced "rife" with "prevalent" (even though these carry almost entirely the same meaning) clearly on the basis that Formby has used the same terms yet conveniently ignored the context in how she's used "prevalent". And you know it.

And please don't throw the dignity thing in my direction. The only thing that's undignified is your inability to acknowledge where you're wrong.
It is hugely arrogant to assume you are the oracle in this matter. Your opinions are no more valid than mine. I remain respectful that your views differ from mine, you do not. You should. There is nothing wrong in disagreement. Quite healthy in fact.

This debate has moved forward generally in a positive manner in my opinion. The acceptance of the issues, the fact that it is not the half million members at fault, the issues not being effectively dealt with for some time, major steps being take. to put things right, what constitutes evidence, the infighting in the party, Even Cream acknowledgement that not all Tories are scum. The value of debate. Even ventured into Tories and Islamaphobia.

Formby used the word Prevalent. The context of the statement is clear and for fairness I even suggested looking at the statement for context. I can do no more than suggest people read it for themselves and draw their own conclusions. It is an acceptance on her part that antisemitism is no worse in the party that society in general, being critical of a colleague for creating the perception it is worse. That is interesting because I didn’t even consider Watson was suggesting it was worse until she said that.

So Antisemitism is no more prevalent in Labour than Society in general. That’s OK then. Let’s not expect higher standards from our elected leaders. Unless you believe there are no issues in society. Labour are fighting a massive reguard action, damage limitation. This issues I have said before stem from the top. More specifically the lack of action for the top. Not the rank and file, the top. The sooner the party deal with the root cause, the sooner this issue will disappear.
Cream is bang wrong btw.

Interesting last sentence. Who will make the issue go away if the problem is rife and institutional?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Where have I claimed to be an Oracle? I'm pulling you up on claims you have made but can't support by quoting your own words back at you. I haven't said your opinion is worth less than mine - it just happens that you have an opined that anti-Semitism is "rife" when you can't back that up with facts or evidence. If this equates to disrespect then so be it although I'd quite respectfully point out that you're being a little snowflakey - particularly as you're someone who prides himself on his top level record in the cut throat world of commerce. Then again, perhaps your continued support of Bechetti long after everyone else had sussed him out is an indicator of your flawed judgement and prevalence to cap-doff.

Yes Formby used the word prevalent and her context is quite clear which is why I've quoted it. It is you who relied on the word she used to back up your assertion above however your reliance on her words gave no consideration to the context. But once again, I can only assume you know this and are just continually kicking up dust to obfuscate your error.

At the risk of repeating myself and to avoid your continued misconstruing of the issue, I do consider the LP to have an issue with anti-Semitism which needs to be resolved. However, I just happen to believe that there are far more pressing economic and societal issues which I've already listed which are ignored whilst the proletariat are gazing at Corbyn and anti-Semitism again. Perhaps you should consider why this is?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dunners wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:04 am Cap-doffing is rife.
And common.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:26 am
Cream is bang wrong btw.
:lol:

Go easy, I only excused the thickies.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

admin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:32 am

Where have I claimed to be an Oracle? I'm pulling you up on claims you have made but can't support by quoting your own words back at you. I haven't said your opinion is worth less than mine - it just happens that you have an opined that anti-Semitism is "rife" when you can't back that up with facts or evidence. If this equates to disrespect then so be it although I'd quite respectfully point out that you're being a little snowflakey - particularly as you're someone who prides himself on his top level record in the cut throat world of commerce. Then again, perhaps your continued support of Bechetti long after everyone else had sussed him out is an indicator of your flawed judgement and prevalence to cap-doff.

Yes Formby used the word prevalent and her context is quite clear which is why I've quoted it. It is you who relied on the word she used to back up your assertion above however your reliance on her words gave no consideration to the context. But once again, I can only assume you know this and are just continually kicking up dust to obfuscate your error.

At the risk of repeating myself and to avoid your continued misconstruing of the issue, I do consider the LP to have an issue with anti-Semitism which needs to be resolved. However, I just happen to believe that there are far more pressing economic and societal issues which I've already listed which are ignored whilst the proletariat are gazing at Corbyn and anti-Semitism again. Perhaps you should consider why this is?
Snowflake, cap doff, Beelzebub, commerce. Yet you don’t indulge in insults. Really. Let’s stop here. Serious debating is clearly not your thing when this sort of guff is trolled out. Shame, I was quite enjoying this. much easier to resort to this stuff I guess.

As for commerce. I’ve been involved in some very heated passionate arguments, I can be an annoying person, grinder etc. I know this. But rarely if ever did my colleagues resort to personal insults, preferring to use the weight of their argument to win the day. Grown up stuff. I’ve been right, I’ve been wrong. So what, so long as the right answer is found. You never know, we could have got there.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Interesting last sentence. Who will make the issue go away if the problem is rife and institutional?
I have absolute faith that the problem will miraculously disappear as soon as the Labour leadership stop being so left wing.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:52 am
I have absolute faith that the problem will miraculously disappear as soon as the Labour leadership stop being so left wing.
Then it will be time for the party to witch hunt the Left.

Let's not waste any more time and just have the civil war now and start rooting out the Red Tories within Labour and send them on their way.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 am
Snowflake, cap doff, Beelzebub, commerce. Yet you don’t indulge in insults. Really. Let’s stop here. Serious debating is clearly not your thing when this sort of guff is trolled out. Shame, I was quite enjoying this. much easier to resort to this stuff I guess.

As for commerce. I’ve been involved in some very heated passionate arguments, I can be an annoying person, grinder etc. I know this. But rarely if ever did my colleagues resort to personal insults, preferring to use the weight of their argument to win the day. Grown up stuff. I’ve been right, I’ve been wrong. So what, so long as the right answer is found. You never know, we could have got there.
Priceless. Being told debating isn't my thing by someone who's spent the entire time contradicting themselves and relying on arguments that don't stand up to any scrutiny.

I suspect you're involved in many passionate arguments because of your inability to recognise when your argument holds no weight. The cap-doffing / Beelzebub stuff isn't insulting - it's a commentary and referring to your commercial record if just hoisting you by your own petard.

Anyway, I would say it's been enjoyable but I'd be lying.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:50 amShame, I was quite enjoying this.
No one else is.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 pm
No one else is.
dOh"""""yyyy's posted are almost Thoresque in quality. They are that good.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

It's true, doh'y has filled Thor's hole.
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:51 pm
No one else is.
dOh"""""yyyy's posted are almost Thoresque in quality. They are that good.
Still some way to go I think. I must try harder!
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

No one else is.
Reading is not mandatory. I’m just impressed that you can to be honest.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Labour 6% ahead of the Tories in latest poll from Survation

how dare Corbyn take Labour to a six point lead in the polls after the right wing media and BBC do everything they can to ruin him

Survation.

@Survation
Follow Follow @Survation
More
NEW: General Election voting intention in England, Scotland and Wales, 10th - 11th July 2019:

LAB 29% (+3), CON 23% (-1), BXP 20% (nc), LD 19% (nc), SNP 4% (+1), GRN 3% (-2), OTH 2% (-1)
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Corbyn or Boris shouldn’t be allowed to run this country
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:51 pm Corbyn or Boris shouldn’t be allowed to run this country
Who should Lucky?
F*ck The Poor & Fat
Regular
Regular

admin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Priceless. Being told debating isn't my thing by someone who's spent the entire time contradicting themselves and relying on arguments that don't stand up to any scrutiny.

I suspect you're involved in many passionate arguments because of your inability to recognise when your argument holds no weight. The cap-doffing / Beelzebub stuff isn't insulting - it's a commentary and referring to your commercial record if just hoisting you by your own petard.

In your opinion Oh great one. A true legend. 😂
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:53 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:51 pm Corbyn or Boris shouldn’t be allowed to run this country
Who should Lucky?
To be honest Dis I just don’t know
But the thought of either of those 2 in charge of this Country frightens me
Disoriented
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Idiot of the year 2020

Post by Disoriented »

Lucky7 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:14 pm
Who should Lucky?
But the thought of either of those 2 in charge of this Country frightens me
I think most people.

Would rather see the golfer in charge.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

dOh Nut wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 pm
admin wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm

In your opinion Oh great one. A true legend. 😂
Tore you a new one mate. Let it go.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Disoriented wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 pm
Lucky7 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:14 pm

Who should Lucky?