Ratings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings

Post by Beradogs »

Lucky. Very lucky. Can’t wait to see the Nigel Clough interview post game. He will be spitting feathers.
Vigouroux. 8.5. MOM. Outstanding.
James. 6.5. Neat and tidy.
Happe. 5. Still not ironed out the lapses in concentration. Ogie should start.
Beccles. 5.5. Led a merry dance but better than Dan.
Hunt. 6. Funny as you know he is on the pitch but never does anything epically good or bad. He is just kind of there. Not necessarily a bad thing in his position.
Moncor. 5.5. The type of player that will do something special per game so the fans will always be onside. One wonders if net net his overall contribution will be limited though.
Pratley. 6. Worked hard in the heat.
El Mizouni. 7.5. Played really well especially as it was his first game. Driving run for the goal.
Archibald. 5.5. Flashes but mostly anonymous. Wish he wouldn’t act like a spoiled kid every week.
Smyth. 5.5 no effect on the game.
Kelman. 6. Good finish. Limited otherwise.

Subs 6. Brown worked hard.

Mansfield. 7. Will be gutted gutted.

Wellens. 6. Plenty to work on.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Ratings

Post by MrB »

I don’t give a damn about Clough.I still remember how thuggish his team were against us at home last season!
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

Decent ratings I suppose, but 5.5s for Smyth and Moncur feels very harsh. They play with intent and get us forward, Smyth was key for the goal to peel the defence away from the middle. Some tidy stuff from Moncur too including a very good shot on target so I disagree with you there.
Thought Happe did some excellent work but also 3 or 4 very bad errors, bring in Ogie or Thompson please.

Great win.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Not a great performance but saw it out very well. El mizouni looks promising given that he only joined yesterday. Ogie should come in for Happe 100%. Not only does Happe have a gaffe in him but Ogie brings the ball out so much better.

Hope Moncour and Pratley start to assert themselves more in games. Think we've looked better when we play with a deep midfield two and Smyth at no.10, but it's a new midfield and might gel at season goes on. Pratley does look a little slow these days.

Theo doesn't look comfortable on the right in my opinion, but he showed for it a lot and drove at them so deserves credit.
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Post by RBMarshall »

Largely agree with OP's ratings.
Maybe a point less for Vigs as even though he made amends, he did give away the penalty and a terrible touch shortly after nearly cost us.
I would give RW an extra point for having the balls to start El Miz.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Bid daddy o. Far enough. 6 for Monks and Smyth then. Mista, yeah. Theo did try hard. 6 for him as well. We did win after all. Perhaps my ratings a bit harsh!
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Let’s drop our promising young defender after playing in 3 wins with 3 clean sheets in a row, that’ll help.
o-no
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by o-no »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:41 pm Let’s drop our promising young defender after playing in 3 wins with 3 clean sheets in a row, that’ll help.
He did have a mare though, and we are fortunate to have other promising defenders available
timothy
Fresh Alias

Post by timothy »

I'd be surprised if the Manager tinkers around with the back four until he has to. Harsh
on young Shad 'cos if he hadn't been suspended he would probably be first choice at present.
Same again for Swindon unless anyone has a knock.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:32 pm Not a great performance but saw it out very well. El mizouni looks promising given that he only joined yesterday. Ogie should come in for Happe 100%. Not only does Happe have a gaffe in him but Ogie brings the ball out so much better.

Hope Moncour and Pratley start to assert themselves more in games. Think we've looked better when we play with a deep midfield two and Smyth at no.10, but it's a new midfield and might gel at season goes on. Pratley does look a little slow these days.

Theo doesn't look comfortable on the right in my opinion, but he showed for it a lot and drove at them so deserves credit.
''Pratley does look a little slow these days''
Give the guy a break !
Not that surprising considering the fact that Darren is 37 years old, played the full match and playing in this extreme heat must knock the stuffing out of most players, regardless of what age they are are !
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

You lot are ducking idiots. Those ratings are ridiculous.

They were the most brutal conditions I’ve ever watched a game in. Of course people are going to make mistakes in that sort of heat.

Everyone of them deserves massive credit for getting through that today. Special mentions to the two new boys, Kelman and Idris, they’re both going to be decent for us. When Idris put Kelman away, I had no doubt hewas going to score, you could just see the confidence, he had total control of the situation.

3 games, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets. Noice.
faith1234
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by faith1234 »

Why didn’t Thompson play and not happe
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Bit weird plumber. Mansfield played in the same heat and should have been 4-0 up at half time. You shouldn’t drink and sit in the sun. The players will only be motivated by our low ratings!
CharlieO
Fresh Alias

Post by CharlieO »

Ratings are reasonable. Happe was solid in the first 2 games but had a mare today, new guy in midfield looked decent. Moncur best player on the pitch until he was substituted after 30 mins. Vigs rightly MOM on tannoy. They looked slightly better than us so a fantastic result.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Really Beardogs? Players read these negative comments & hear the negative chants like last week at Crawley by the Buffons who call themselves supporters & wonder why they bother, not get motivated when they've just won a game of football at a club that hasn't been kind to us in the past.

Read this transcript from Wellens then you'll realise your philosophy is way off the mark.

He gets it his concern is the players don’t. All they look for positive feedback.
He said they came off the pitch saying we win a game and still get criticised.
An example he gave was James and Archibald they are both confidence players both should be playing higher in the league but can not get it together in their heads.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:25 pm Bit weird plumber. Mansfield played in the same heat and should have been 4-0 up at half time. You shouldn’t drink and sit in the sun. The players will only be motivated by our low ratings!
Mansfield play a different game to us. They go direct to the boy up top (who was a handful and worked tirelessly, thought Omar and Happe played him well). Their players still made mistakes and bad choices.

Rightly or wrongly, despite the conditions we stuck to our standard game plan of playing it out from the back. The first half could have gone either way, but from the start of the second until we scored, we were on top and it was only a matter of time before we scored. Then after that I didn’t think we looked like conceding.

I don’t know what some people expect.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

North stand Dave. I was joking. Look guys and girls, ratings are just a bit of fun. If nobody did them, the message board would consist of Tuffers beating the world wordle record and not a lot else. Please don’t take it too seriously.
North Stand Dave
Fresh Alias

Post by North Stand Dave »

Beardogs, no worries mate & totally agree about Tuffers 🤣
We won today and have to agree we were lucky but do you know what, the team deserve a bit of luck for a change and if we can win a game against a decent team without being at our best, I would take that.

Up the O's
LPE
Fresh Alias

Post by LPE »

Agree with Gary. First half O’s were all over the show and seemed to suffer from a lack of confidence and the two boys at CB were terrible. Mansfield could see that and pressed very high to try to force errors. But for better finishing and Viggy the game would have been over at HT.

Other than one comedy Happe moment giving away possession, O’s commanded the second half and, despite one goalmouth scramble, the Stags never looked like repeating their second half dominance. They were snuffed out.

Whatever RW said it halftime worked and a precious 3 points, against a side that will be there come May, was ground out.

A vital win in the grand scheme of things against a well drilled side. If wins can be achieved after appalling first 45’s like that then the future can only be rosey.

Left the ground with a spring in my step.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

MrB wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:17 pm I don’t give a damn about Clough.I still remember how thuggish his team were against us at home last season!
Absolutely this .
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

o-no wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:49 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:41 pm Let’s drop our promising young defender after playing in 3 wins with 3 clean sheets in a row, that’ll help.
He did have a mare though, and we are fortunate to have other promising defenders available
I wasn’t there so can’t comment but all players make mistakes, especially young players. Ogie made a fair amount last season.

But dropping them because of them doesn’t help. It does the opposite. Like today, the rest of the team help them out and gets them out of the sh*t. With any young player, especially defenders, you accept mistakes are part of development, you learn and you move on. Dropping them does nothing but negative outcomes.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Happes performance was nowhere near worth being dropped for.

He just needs to get nastier. No one should be out muscling or bullying him. He should be smashing forwards all over the pitch.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:18 pm You lot are ducking idiots. Those ratings are ridiculous.

They were the most brutal conditions I’ve ever watched a game in. Of course people are going to make mistakes in that sort of heat.

Everyone of them deserves massive credit for getting through that today. Special mentions to the two new boys, Kelman and Idris, they’re both going to be decent for us. When Idris put Kelman away, I had no doubt hewas going to score, you could just see the confidence, he had total control of the situation.

3 games, 3 wins, 3 clean sheets. Noice.
I agree with you Gary . Boarders on here seem to forget just how bloody hot it was today . I reckon it must have been around 32c. All our players deserve great credit today for getting the win against a very good side .
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Beradogs wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:11 pm Lucky. Very lucky. Can’t wait to see the Nigel Clough interview post game. He will be spitting feathers.
Vigouroux. 8.5. MOM. Outstanding.
James. 6.5. Neat and tidy.
Happe. 5. Still not ironed out the lapses in concentration. Ogie should start.
Beccles. 5.5. Led a merry dance but better than Dan.
Hunt. 6. Funny as you know he is on the pitch but never does anything epically good or bad. He is just kind of there. Not necessarily a bad thing in his position.
Moncor. 5.5. The type of player that will do something special per game so the fans will always be onside. One wonders if net net his overall contribution will be limited though.
Pratley. 6. Worked hard in the heat.
El Mizouni. 7.5. Played really well especially as it was his first game. Driving run for the goal.
Archibald. 5.5. Flashes but mostly anonymous. Wish he wouldn’t act like a spoiled kid every week.
Smyth. 5.5 no effect on the game.
Kelman. 6. Good finish. Limited otherwise.

Subs 6. Brown worked hard.

Mansfield. 7. Will be gutted gutted.

Wellens. 6. Plenty to work on.
Can't argue with any of that.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Vigoroux - 8/10. Was great overall but had some poor passes and made a couple of mistakes too
James - 6/10. Didn’t get the ball too much. Some poor passes to him.
Beckles - 4/10. Terrible on the ball, overhit everything, dodgy defending
Happe - 4.5/10. Same as Beckles but he started well at least.
Hunt - 6/10. Solid. Not much to do.
El Mizouni - 6/10. Only marked down because he had a few errors that nearly cost us but I was impressed with him, I look forward to seeing him going forward.
Pratley - 5/10. Did ok.
Moncur - 6/10. Looks ahead of everyone on the pitch, needs to be given the ball more.
Archibald - 5/10. Worked hard, that about it.
Smyth - 5/10. Looked better in the second half, wound me up no end with his decision making.
Kelman - 7/10. Worked hard, made some great runs and linked up well. Nice composed finish too.