Labour Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: Labour Watch

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

West Side Story wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 pm Good news! Kate Tally Hooey! is standing down at the next Election. Will she join the Brexit Party? Cannot imagine a more un-representative MP for her Vauxhall constituency. Good riddance!
Went before she was pushed.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

West Side Story wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 pm Good news! Kate Tally Hooey! is standing down at the next Election. Will she join the Brexit Party? Cannot imagine a more un-representative MP for her Vauxhall constituency. Good riddance!
Did they not elect her then?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:20 pm
Went before she was pushed.
Cannot believe it took so long. CIA plant.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

CIA plant is she? I think you've watched too many youtube videos.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:15 pm CIA plant is she? I think you've watched too many youtube videos.
Probably not as many as you though.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Ahh so steptoe the brexiteer has gone against his own beliefs and now backs remain. Another flip flop manoeuvre, desperate measures by a desperate leader and party although I'd suggest it's the hard left driving this.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 pm
Thor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:15 pm CIA plant is she? I think you've watched too many youtube videos.
Probably not as many as you though.
I only watch IFL TV on there, good channel and some decent videos. Just boxing I'm afraid nothing else, so I'm sure it won't interest you.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 pm Ahh so steptoe the brexiteer has gone against his own beliefs and now backs remain. Another flip flop manoeuvre, desperate measures by a desperate leader and party although I'd suggest it's the hard left driving this.
I'd suggest you are talking bollox.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prove it then.

He is a brexiteer, that's a fact and you know. So like i said price I'm wrong.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Thor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 pm Ahh so steptoe the brexiteer has gone against his own beliefs and now backs remain. Another flip flop manoeuvre, desperate measures by a desperate leader and party although I'd suggest it's the hard left driving this.
The hard left want brexit. It will be the so called 'centrists driving this.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I get that the central part of the party wants it, but I thought that momentum and the rent a mob want to reverse brexit? That's where I was coming from.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:09 pm I get that the central part of the party wants it, but I thought that momentum and the rent a mob want to reverse brexit? That's where I was coming from.
You weren't coming from anywhere in particular because you don't know where you've been or where you are when it comes to politics. We can always rely on you to talk bollox.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:13 pm We can always rely on you to talk bollox.
Go easy, he does have cool stories.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:17 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:13 pm We can always rely on you to talk bollox.
Fair point but don't those stories also have a high bollox content?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Max your marxist world will never exist in this country. Go and live in Venezuela you might like it there. Take cream with you as well.
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:17 pm
Relentless
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

So the sh*t show that is the labour party continues. Where's all the left wingers on this board? Why aren't they condemning the labour party and what it stands for right now? Unless I take their silence to mean that they condone it?

Anyway three Labour Lords have quit the party and in his letter of resignation, Triesman wrote: “We may one day be the party of anti-racism once again but it certainly isn’t today. My sad conclusion is that the Labour party is very plainly institutionally antisemitic, and its leader and his circle are antisemitic having never once made the right judgment call about an issue reflecting deep prejudice. The number of examples is shocking.”

He said the Labour party was “no longer a safe political environment” for Jewish people or others who opposed antisemitism.
In his letter of resignation, Triesman wrote: “We may one day be the party of anti-racism once again but it certainly isn’t today. My sad conclusion is that the Labour party is very plainly institutionally antisemitic, and its leader and his circle are antisemitic having never once made the right judgment call about an issue reflecting deep prejudice. The number of examples is shocking.”

He said the Labour party was “no longer a safe political environment” for Jewish people or others who opposed antisemitism.

Don't think I need to add anything to the above. The party is rotten to the core.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Thor wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:48 am So the sh*t show that is the labour party continues. Where's all the left wingers on this board? Why aren't they condemning the labour party and what it stands for right now? Unless I take their silence to mean that they condone it?

Anyway three Labour Lords have quit the party and in his letter of resignation, Triesman wrote: “We may one day be the party of anti-racism once again but it certainly isn’t today. My sad conclusion is that the Labour party is very plainly institutionally antisemitic, and its leader and his circle are antisemitic having never once made the right judgment call about an issue reflecting deep prejudice. The number of examples is shocking.”

In his letter of resignation, Triesman wrote: “We may one day be the party of anti-racism once again but it certainly isn’t today. My sad conclusion is that the Labour party is very plainly institutionally antisemitic, and its leader and his circle are antisemitic having never once made the right judgment call about an issue reflecting deep prejudice. The number of examples is shocking.”

Don't think I need to add anything to the above. The party is rotten to the core.
You don't need to add anything. Instead you need to remove the bits that have been cut and pasted twice.

To say Labour isn't an anti-racist party is ludicrous and by using such hyperbolic language Triesman loses what little credibility he once had. It's just another tactic by the right wing within Labour to attack the Left.

It is shameful and an insult to those who lost their lives in the holocaust that accusations of anti-Semitism are being misused in this way.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:48 am So the sh*t show that is the labour party continues. Where's all the left wingers on this board? Why aren't they condemning the labour party and what it stands for right now? Unless I take their silence to mean that they condone it?

If it was not for the many people who vote labour purely out of habit, this party would be dead and buried by now. Certainly not comparable to the old Labour party of the decent and honorable Mr Clement Attlee ( one of my political heroes )

Nice article here about Attlee and also his eulogy to Churchill which ''occurred in the House of Lords on 25 January 1965, the day after Sir Winston died.'' In the first part of this article it states as follows ''Attlee presided over the cabinet whenever Churchill was abroad (which was a lot). In early 1945, it was he who gave the fateful order, later much regretted, for firebombing Dresden.'' Now the amount of times I have read articles where people writing, placed the blame on that raid purely on Churchill !! Problem is war is a terrible business and when fighting a regime like the Nazi's, hard decisions in wars have to be taken, similar to the decision taken by Truman to shorten the war against Japan by using the atomic bomb. I wonder if Truman would have gone ahead with using the bomb if there had been more information as to what the effects of exposure to radiation would have. At the time the decision was made to use the BOMB to shorten the war and save many lives, both American and Japanese servicemen and also Japanese civilians as a war on mainland Japan would have killed millions of people.

Clement Attlee’s Noble Tribute to Winston Churchill.
21 January 2018

https://richardlangworth.com/clement-at ... -churchill
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:18 am

If it was not for the many people who vote labour purely out of habit, this party would be dead and buried by now. Certainly not comparable to the old Labour party of the decent and honorable Mr Clement Attlee ( one of my political heroes )

Nice article here about Attlee and also his eulogy to Churchill which ''occurred in the House of Lords on 25 January 1965, the day after Sir Winston died.'' In the first part of this article it states as follows ''Attlee presided over the cabinet whenever Churchill was abroad (which was a lot). In early 1945, it was he who gave the fateful order, later much regretted, for firebombing Dresden.'' Now the amount of times I have read articles where people writing, placed the blame on that raid purely on Churchill !! Problem is war is a terrible business and when fighting a regime like the Nazi's, hard decisions in wars have to be taken, similar to the decision taken by Truman to shorten the war against Japan by using the atomic bomb.

Clement Attlee’s Noble Tribute to Winston Churchill.
21 January 2018

https://richardlangworth.com/clement-at ... -churchill
I think we can all agree the Nazis were bad people and war is a terrible business.

People don't vote Labour out of habit but because they believe it best represents their intetests. Saying it's because of habit is just lazy.

Harking back to the golden age of Major Attlee isn't going to solve anything. All it does is highlight how radical Attlee was compared to Corbynism
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:18 am I wonder if Truman would have gone ahead with using the bomb if there had been more information as to what the effects of exposure to radiation would have.
Of course he would have.

These people don't give a flying f*** about their own people, never mind some foreigns in a far away land.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

True Cream unfortunately true.
Mikero
Fresh Alias

Post by Mikero »

Its all a matter of degrees. There has been a degree of effort to prevent criticism of the Isreal govenment by conflating it with anti-semitism. To a degree it has also been used as another stick to beat the Corbyn regime with, by both the press and their own right wing. They were also hounded into excepting a set of definitions that appeared to make criticism of Zionism almost impossible. Now they have a situation where they have to deal with thousands of cases due to the very poor sceening of the new membership intake. So far 15 dealt with is risable.

Mikero
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Mikero wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:12 pm Its all a matter of degrees. There has been a degree of effort to prevent criticism of the Isreal govenment by conflating it with anti-semitism. To a degree it has also been used as another stick to beat the Corbyn regime with, by both the press and their own right wing. They were also hounded into excepting a set of definitions that appeared to make criticism of Zionism almost impossible. Now they have a situation where they have to deal with thousands of cases due to the very poor sceening of the new membership intake. So far 15 dealt with is risable.

Mikero
How many is enough? As Seamus Milne pointed out in his leaked email (which was quoted from incorrectly by leaving out key sentences) there has to be a concern when the accusations of anti-semitism start to regularly include significant numbers of jews.

I note that one of the reasons progress has been so slow is because the previous admin (the ones whistleblowing on Panorama) were incompetent and when not being incompetent they obstructed the disciplinary process. They all have political axes to grind with the Left and especially now that their sinecures have been terminated. They have chosen the tried and tested smear tactics of Stalinism as a political weapon because their political ideas are broken and rejected by a democatic process within Labour which they choose to ignore. Shame on them.

There are ant-semites in the Labour Party and they need to be shown the door. But your suggestion that the screening process was not good enough is just plain silly when you consider the scale of the influx of new members Corbyn generated into an otherwise moribund party. To subject new members to some sort of bureaucratic screening process would have blunted their enthusiasm never mind the cost of the additional bureaucrats who would have to be recruited to run it.