Where are the signings

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Where are the signings

Post by banqo »

DaveDunmore wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:58 am The moral to this continuous story is/ put your money where your mouths are / buy the club /run it how you think is correct/ and take all this stick by the majority of the faceless keyboard warriors on here who are never happy . I for one will continue to support MY club / happy when we win/ sad when we lose , hope it’s a good day Up The Os
Well said 👏
BIGRON
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by BIGRON »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:22 am
BIGRON wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:19 am I expect to see 2 or 3 trailists for us at Dagenham today .
There just to make up the numbers again ?
You betcha mate 😂
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

46 games in the season boys, relax.

Also, why are people saying our squad is weaker than last season?

Moncur > Kyp.

And we've managed to retain everyone that we wanted to, I'm in no rush for these loan signings, would much rather we take our time and get someone good in that just sign up another Nouble.

Injuries will clear up, we'll get some loan signings in and find our rhythm, league 2 is such a form league, you could lose your first 10 games and still finish as champions.
Orient till I die M
Fresh Alias

Post by Orient till I die M »

BigDaddyO wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:10 pm 46 games in the season boys, relax.

Moncur > Kyp.

And we've managed to retain everyone that we wanted to, I'm in no rush for these loan signings, would much rather we take our time and get someone good in that just sign up another Nouble.

Injuries will clear up, we'll get some loan signings in and find our rhythm, league 2 is such a form league, you could lose your first 10 games and still finish as champions.
46 games in a season means you need a big squad if you want success, our team is weaker than last season right now because of injuries which will happen through the season to. Our own manager was worried about the size of the squad before he was told to act like he’s calm in his next interview. Remember we finished 13th last season so replacing hector for moncur won’t make us a championship winning side.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Moncur > Kyp.

Moncur and Kyp don’t play same position
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Well, Saturdays post has been and gone and i still haven't received my season card. At the earliest it will now be Monday, just five days before kick off ! Fans are entitled to have a bit of a moan and that goes for the slow coach approach of player signings too.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Re signings, are players being put off by the style of play RW wants to employ. By all accounts its going to high tempo which not all players will enjoy or indeed have the engine and ability to do.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Moncur > Kyp.

“ Take our time “ 😆 We’ve had two and a half months !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

DaveDunmore wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:58 am The moral to this continuous story is/ put your money where your mouths are / buy the club /run it how you think is correct/ and take all this stick by the majority of the faceless keyboard warriors on here who are never happy . I for one will continue to support MY club / happy when we win/ sad when we lose , hope it’s a good day Up The Os
The half wits wont engage . Ive told them exactly this many times before . keep up the good work.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:03 pm Well, Saturdays post has been and gone and i still haven't received my season card. At the earliest it will now be Monday, just five days before kick off ! Fans are entitled to have a bit of a moan and that goes for the slow coach approach of player signings too.
Absolutely . It’s not good enough . My season cards haven’t arrived yet either
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Moncur > Kyp.

Moncur != Kyprianou they're different positions
If anything it's Moncur > Khan for the attacking midfielder slot

Kyprianou is -1 in CM with no replacement to be found
Bearing in mind our midfield is by far our weakest area it needed a total overhaul yet somehow we're likely to end up with Coleman starting

Last season we fell apart due to lack of squad depth and right now the squad is smaller than it was then so :~
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I agree and it’s very irritating to think we haven’t done anything about it
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Harlow wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:09 pm Re signings, are players being put off by the style of play RW wants to employ. By all accounts its going to high tempo which not all players will enjoy or indeed have the engine and ability to do.
:lol:
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:36 pm

Moncur > Kyp.

Bearing in mind our midfield is by far our weakest area it needed a total overhaul yet somehow we're likely to end up with Coleman starting

Last season we fell apart due to lack of squad depth and right now the squad is smaller than it was then so :~
Yep. Moncur over Khan all day long.

But Kyp had to be replaced, with an experienced player ready to go. One of Coleman and brown to stay as cover, the other to be outed.

But as it is, we’re going with Clay and Pratley again, neither of whom should be playing CDM.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:01 pm

Moncur > Kyp.

But Kyp had to be replaced, with an experienced player ready to go. One of Coleman and brown to stay as cover, the other to be outed.

But as it is, we’re going with Clay and Pratley again, neither of whom should be playing CDM.
Yeah exactly, in a strong squad you'd have Clay and Pratley pushing each other for one spot, giving depth and competition.

Then new CDM and one of Coleman / Brown for the other place.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:26 pm
Chief crazy horse wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:03 pm Well, Saturdays post has been and gone and i still haven't received my season card. At the earliest it will now be Monday, just five days before kick off ! Fans are entitled to have a bit of a moan and that goes for the slow coach approach of player signings too.
Absolutely . It’s not good enough . My season cards haven’t arrived yet either
Are you leaving home on Sunday to get to the game? Just wondering.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

gshaw wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:06 pm

Yeah exactly, in a strong squad you'd have Clay and Pratley pushing each other for one spot, giving depth and competition.

Probably not the time to mention there’s no cover for Moncur in the CAM role, either.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:42 pm
gshaw wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:06 pm

Probably not the time to mention there’s no cover for Moncur in the CAM role, either.
Clutching at straws you could argue Smyth covers Moncur, with Sotiriou / Archibald / Georgiou out wide. Still really one player short in that area too though
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Yep, that’s the only option. We can get away with it, assuming Smyth stays fit, but need to shuffle the whole pack.
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

And the club wonder why there are not more season tickets and half price tickets sold.
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Grimsby next week is just a case of, do not lose!
We go into the game with the cards we have been dealt and for first couple of games, we all know we will not be at our strongest, but until the injured players start returning and a few loans join hopefully next week, it is what it is and instead of all of us boarders digging each other out, we all need to get behind RW and the team and show the boys some support and positivity and you never know, on Sat we might start with a win
:lofc: :lofc: :lofc:
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:02 pm And the club wonder why there are not more season tickets and half price tickets sold.
I think I read nearly 4000 have been sold. Not bad in a cost of living crisis
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:54 pm Yep, that’s the only option. We can get away with it, assuming Smyth stays fit, but need to shuffle the whole pack.
For a moment I forgot that relying on Smyth being fit is a dangerous game :D
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

Story of O wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:09 pm
PoundhillO wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:02 pm And the club wonder why there are not more season tickets and half price tickets sold.
I think I read nearly 4000 have been sold. Not bad in a cost of living crisis
I am sure it would be higher with some quality signings that Richie wants and the fans want, that are not injured, sick notes or past their sell by date.
BiggsyMalone
Regular
Regular

Post by BiggsyMalone »

Moncur > Kyp.

Probably because the squad wasn’t very strong last season. Good 11 but not much depth.