Brill

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Brill

Post by gshaw »

Hasn't played either of the pre-season games so far and it was mentioned on here that he's carrying a knock. Anyone know how serious it is? Would be a huge loss if he's not organising the defence come first game of the season.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Brill

Post by Sid Bishop »

gshaw wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:56 pm Hasn't played either of the pre-season games so far and it was mentioned on here that he's carrying a knock. Anyone know how serious it is? Would be a huge loss if he's not organising the defence come first game of the season.
Amazing the amount of players who get injured pre season before the serious business even starts !
That applies to all teams.
Wasp
Fresh Alias

Post by Wasp »

Is it not anything to do with his loan from the PFA and thus not being eligible to play in the EFL?
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

Wasp wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:15 pm Is it not anything to do with his loan from the PFA and thus not being eligible to play in the EFL?
That wouldn't rule him out of friendlies though.

He's got a knock. If it was to do with that, I doubt the club would be keeping him on the wage bill if avoidable.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Wasp wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:15 pm Is it not anything to do with his loan from the PFA and thus not being eligible to play in the EFL?
If that is a problem, then surely needs to be sorted out, if not, an experienced Keeper needs to be brought into the club.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 pm
gshaw wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:56 pm Hasn't played either of the pre-season games so far and it was mentioned on here that he's carrying a knock. Anyone know how serious it is? Would be a huge loss if he's not organising the defence come first game of the season.
Amazing the amount of players who get injured pre season before the serious business even starts !
When they stop at the end of the season the body is allowed to wind down. The club will have given them a programme to follow and I'm sure they all do it. However, once they get back to a full preseason the intensity is increased massively and suddenly your muscles are screaming what's going on!! So you tend to see a lot of strains due to the lack of intensity which the body was used to and suddenly forgot about!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

Thor wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:48 pm
Sid Bishop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 pm
When they stop at the end of the season the body is allowed to wind down. The club will have given them a programme to follow and I'm sure they all do it. However, once they get back to a full preseason the intensity is increased massively and suddenly your muscles are screaming what's going on!! So you tend to see a lot of strains due to the lack of intensity which the body was used to and suddenly forgot about!
My adult football team trainer was an ex army PT instructor, OMG, he really put us through it, but I used to LOVE the hard training, at 22 years old so fit I felt like I could jump over a house and loved playing in the hot weather, slow heartbeat and could run non stop for the whole game. After I got a bad knee injury, my fitness suffered. One of my friends has never suffered an injury, small guy, I changed his position from winger to fullback, put years on his playing career and he is still playing well in the midweek 5 a side league and also for a Sunday 11 a side league team, sometimes against players as young as 17/18 years old and he still holds his own, makes the ball do the work !! All this at 63 years old and he is still around the same weight as when he was in his 20s, quite amazing, could have been me if I had not got injured.