Current Orient Squad

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Current Orient Squad

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:52 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:09 am I would like to see 5, but will prob only be 3, but that’s just my wish list.

1 x LB
2 x CM
1 x RW
1 x No9 goal scorer

Sweeney not good enough for L2

Kyp gone
Pratley cannot play week in week out
Clay coming back from bad injury and will also cover RB
Other CM are young and inexperienced, so we need 2 CM.

Wings we have Theo on left & Khan on Right, but we need a RW, to give Khan competition, but can also cover Theo on the left.

Up front A young Kevin Campbell on loan from Prem team would be nice, Scarlett from Spurs)

Over to you RW
Did you not notice some of RW's experimentation towards the end of the season , rotation & inverting positions of wide players & Wing backs .
We will tear this league apart this season , just dont expect it to look like what youve seen before .

14-1 still looking good
" Just don't expect it to look like what you've seen before "...... How exactly do you mean tuffers ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:09 am
Stan1972 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:09 am I would like to see 5, but will prob only be 3, but that’s just my wish list.

1 x LB
2 x CM
1 x RW
1 x No9 goal scorer

Kyp gone

Wings we have Theo on left & Khan on Right, but we need a RW, to give Khan competition, but can also cover Theo on the left.

Up front A young Kevin Campbell on loan from Prem team would be nice, Scarlett from Spurs)

Over to you RW
Did you not notice some of RW's experimentation towards the end of the season , rotation & inverting positions of wide players & Wing backs .
We will tear this league apart this season , just dont expect it to look like what youve seen before .

14-1 still looking good
Point wellens made Tuffty boy but depth of squad is what wins promotion.
really ? Norwich have far greater numbers than lots of prem clubs due to the academy there . Clough won 2 european cups with the smallest of squads . :D
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:21 am

1 x LB
2 x CM
1 x RW
1 x No9 goal scorer

Kyp gone

Over to you RW

14-1 still looking good
" Just don't expect it to look like what you've seen before "...... How exactly do you mean tuffers ?
I Mean be ready to be dazzled :D
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Roger wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:06 pm Where do we need bolstering especially assuming some of the kids will go out on loan.

Seargeant (out of contract 30 June)
Byrne
Vigs

LB Sweeny
LB Wood
CB Thompson
CB Happe
CB Ogie
CB Beckles
RB James
Sodje

CM Clay
CM Brown
CM Coleman
CM Pratley
CM Obiero
CM Young
Harvest

AM Khan
AM Nkrumah
AM Smyth
AM Archibald
AM Tanga

ST Fish
ST Sortirou
ST Smith
ST Drinan

Someone update this
Roger
Fresh Alias

Post by Roger »

Seargant
Byrne
Vigs

LB Sweeney
LB Wood
CB Thompson
CB Happe
CB Ogie
CB Beckles
RB James
Sodje

CM Clay
CM Brown
CM Coleman
CM Pratley
CM Obiero
CM Young (out on loan)
CM Moncur
Harvest

AM Georgiou
AM Nkrumah
AM Smyth
AM Archibald
AM Tanga

ST Fish
ST Sortirou
ST Smith
ST Drinan
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Too many youth in that midfield still, get one of them out on loan and a senior pro (preferably two) in, especially given Clay isn't ready for games yet and Khan has gone

Need another out and out striker too imo
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

gshaw wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:21 pm CM x2
ST
This .
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

Sweeney may be joining Stevenage, no path to the first team behind Wood and Georgiou.

Two more to come in, we would like to sign Jack Payne and have offered him a contract, but other L2 and L1 sides are Interested. Also hoping for a striker on a season long loan from the Premier or Championship.

Been some Interest in Harry Smith but if he goes we will buy another striker.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Did jack Payne play for Richie Wellens when he was at Swindon .? If he did that might give us a slight advantage to sign him ......well I hope so anyway .
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:39 am Sweeney may be joining Stevenage, no path to the first team behind Wood and Georgiou.

Two more to come in, we would like to sign Jack Payne and have offered him a contract, but other L2 and L1 sides are Interested. Also hoping for a striker on a season long loan from the Premier or Championship.

Will be interesting to see if Smith gets on the plane to Portugal. I expect him to but its far from certain.
POSHO
Fresh Alias

Post by POSHO »

He didn't feature in last nights friendly, although he was down to start. It looked like a last minute change
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Top of the JES wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:39 am Sweeney may be joining Stevenage, no path to the first team behind Wood and Georgiou.

Georgiou instead of Sweeney is an upgrade so would be happy with that.

Payne would be great, hoping the Wellens connection might help get that over the line but heard Crawley are also interested.

Loan striker would be good and fit the bill in terms of squad. Wouldn't be surprised to see Smith go as he doesn't really fit the system but we'd need to go out and get another quality pro to replace.
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Need more cover at right back I think.

James getting injured last season, meant Clay (who by all accounts CDAJ but he’s not a natural full back and then got injured himself).. We then brought in Moss (poor/not fancied) and Khan (gone), so we’ll need an extra body for cover. Perhaps someone ideally that can cover both sides
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Didn't Georgiou say in his interview he could play either left or right back . We also have Thompson who can play there so we can probably get away with it . However I know what you mean jman. I don't know about Georgiou but Thompson isn't a natural RB
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

Good point, in fairness I’d forgotten about Thompson who can do a job there.

Perhaps one more natural full back wouldn’t go amiss. I thought Georgiou said he could play left wing back or left wing and his best attribute is getting at players which doesn’t fill me with tons of confidence about his defensive abilities
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:00 am Didn't Georgiou say in his interview he could play either left or right back . We also have Thompson who can play there so we can probably get away with it . However I know what you mean jman. I don't know about Georgiou but Thompson isn't a natural RB
I think it's pretty clear from tail end of last season Wellens is happy with Thompson covering RB, tbf he did a solid job there so not concerned about that spot compared to other areas where we do still look light
Leyton53
Fresh Alias

Post by Leyton53 »

To be honest Sweeney does need to start playing games on a regular basis, which I cannot ever see happening whilst remaining with us. If he can get a 2 year contract at another local club like Stevenage then he has done well.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:00 am Didn't Georgiou say in his interview he could play either left or right back . We also have Thompson who can play there so we can probably get away with it . However I know what you mean jman. I don't know about Georgiou but Thompson isn't a natural RB
Also Jordan Brown may be able to do it....done great there against Crawley.
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

LittleMate wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:57 am

Will be interesting to see if Smith gets on the plane to Portugal. I expect him to but its far from certain.
There has been a little bit of interest in Smith Gillingham we’re one to enquire a couple of weeks ago and I believe there was another club who asked the question.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

As it stands, I cant see us having anything other than an ordinary season, finishing 9th, 10th or 11th.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

PutneyO wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:52 pm As it stands, I cant see us having anything other than an ordinary season, finishing 9th, 10th or 11th.
This, still a chronic lack of depth in midfield with too many youth players who aren't ready for prime time. Signing 2-3 solid senior pros would make all the difference

Seeing Clay and Happe not ready for the Haringey game suggests we can't rely on either of those two playing a significant role for a while.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:10 pm
PutneyO wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:52 pm As it stands, I cant see us having anything other than an ordinary season, finishing 9th, 10th or 11th.
What a ridiculous statement.

The team have not played any game in the league and you have absolutely no f idea of how the other teams are going to perform.

If you think your that clairvoyant can you fill in my lotto card - better still fill one for self win, then please clear off and don’t bother posting anymore positive remarks in here
Youre a selfrighteous pompous little Hitler. But this Board needs goons like you for your entertainment value ;-)
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I’m beginning to get the feeling our squad won’t be completed until after the season as started
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

If we really want to challenge for those auto places O's have got to have another class defensive MF . The other great need for us is to have at least 2 yoofs, who are right on the verge of first team footie. We are a small club with not great resources ,we will not spend loads and quite right to .
Top of the JES
Regular
Regular

Post by Top of the JES »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:02 pm I’m beginning to get the feeling our squad won’t be completed until after the season as started
Still over three weeks to go - I would imagine that the squad will be in place before we kick off. As the season creeps closer players will want to get themselves fixed up. Looks like we will get two or three more in. Offers have been made and so like every other pre season we wait for players to decide. The squad is shaping up nicely and I have faith in Ling and Wellens to bring in the right people. If we go for a young striker on loan from championship or higher thats the one that might go slightly into the season before we hear.