Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Ratings.

Post by Max Fowler »

No disrespect to either of you, but from the magic Wellens has worked in just a few short weeks, I'm going to go with his assessment.
DuvB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DuvB »

I don't think we have enough goals in us for auto promotion
==============================
62 goals scored, 47 let in with a goal difference of 15 which is the same GD as the team in 7th place. And that's without us sorting out the midfield!
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Goals from midfield is a problem. We could have one of the lowest goals from the midfield in the league
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:48 pm No disrespect to either of you, but from the magic Wellens has worked in just a few short weeks, I'm going to go with his assessment.
With due respect to you we heard all this at the beginning of last season and fans were going overboard with KJ's appointment but those same fans did not take into account other teams really good signings pre season . The same will happen this year some of the teams dropping down will already have better quality players than us plus the teams coming up are leaking money and could end up going straight through this division. The RW good feelings only lasts a short while , it's quality and consistency we need together with a few experienced heads ,at least another 4-5 decent players .
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

I listened to Martin Ling at the AGM and actually agreed with everything he said . I also believe we have the nucleus of a really good League Two team . IMO, if we could just add a bit more quality to our central midfield then I think we'll have something to cheer about come the end of next season .
Qin
Fresh Alias

Post by Qin »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:06 pm I listened to Martin Ling at the AGM and actually agreed with everything he said . I also believe we have the nucleus of a really good League Two team . IMO, if we could just add a bit more quality to our central midfield then I think we'll have something to cheer about come the end of next season .
Im not sure we have enough goals in the forwards. for promotion, we will need to sign a natural finisher. Where we get one of those from, im not sure, but Drinan & Smith wont score enough
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Qin wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:25 pm
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:06 pm I listened to Martin Ling at the AGM and actually agreed with everything he said . I also believe we have the nucleus of a really good League Two team . IMO, if we could just add a bit more quality to our central midfield then I think we'll have something to cheer about come the end of next season .
Im not sure we have enough goals in the forwards. for promotion, we will need to sign a natural finisher. Where we get one of those from, im not sure, but Drinan & Smith wont score enough
Hopefully with a new central midfielder or two they will be able to chip in with a few goals . If they can we should be in with a chance of promotion next season
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-two/table

We scored 62 goals. Despite our god damn awful middle third of the season.

3 less than second placed Exeter. 2 more than 4th placed Northampton.

Our goals scored column is fine.