Oscars

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Re: Oscars

Post by Dextercoindexter »

‘Entanglement’ new word for ‘shagging’
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dohnut wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:06 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:33 am Hmm

Wouldn’t it be great if sometimes he took his own advice and shut the feck up. Because some of us don’t care what his opinions are.
That's a bit rude.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:45 pm
Dohnut wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:06 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:33 am Hmm

Wouldn’t it be great if sometimes he took his own advice and shut the feck up. Because some of us don’t care what his opinions are.
That's a bit rude.
I doubt he would give a toss.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

It really is time to put these sordid, back-slapping sessions to bed now.

We make megastars of these people, yet all they do for a living is pretending to be someone else, and entertain.
The modern day equivalent of court jesters - no more.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

You know what I really can’t stand anymore, women. Not any old women but a women without a modicum of talent walking along some beach in the Caribbean with a bit of cloth rammed up her backside and a couple of swingers desperately trying to come up for some air. I know next to nothing about Kim Kardashian and refuse to Google but what is that derrière I saw in the mail the other day. It looks f in g hideous. It must be a getting old thing but as you turn a certain age you realise how unappealing the human body looks. How utterly ridiculous it is to be famous for “flaunting it’. At any given time of the day everyone has at least a partial tortoise in various stages of formation in the large intestine. Sounds obvious but think about next time you are looking at Kardashians backside trying to get a semi.
*For avoidance of doubt, same applies to men trying to flaunt it.
** or transsexuals.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Big arses are all the rage, but whats that got to do with the Oscars?
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

CEB wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:27 am He literally compared her to another beautiful movie star, joking that she would be in a sequel to a film where a female star had a shaved head. During a “bit” at the Oscar’s where celebs can expect to be digged out a bit. It’s not at all “bullying”, and is more akin to not pretending not to notice a “difference” and confronting it head on.

It’s completely within the norms of the type of gag that happens in US ceremonies. It’s not hilarious, but it’s crazy to me that after the assault, people are focusing attention on the “provocation” at all, when it’s the least relevant part (especially since the most likely contributing factors to the assault aren’t the joke itself, but a mixture of Smith’s anger management, his lingering resentment over his wife’s sleeping around, and his Scientology)
Drawing attention to something that is out of her control and she is embarrassed about in a public forum is not on in my book regardless of how it's done.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:24 pm You know what I really can’t stand anymore,
Foreigns?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:24 pm You know what I really can’t stand anymore,
Pronouns in email footers?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Adz wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:59 pm
CEB wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:27 am He literally compared her to another beautiful movie star, joking that she would be in a sequel to a film where a female star had a shaved head. During a “bit” at the Oscar’s where celebs can expect to be digged out a bit. It’s not at all “bullying”, and is more akin to not pretending not to notice a “difference” and confronting it head on.

It’s completely within the norms of the type of gag that happens in US ceremonies. It’s not hilarious, but it’s crazy to me that after the assault, people are focusing attention on the “provocation” at all, when it’s the least relevant part (especially since the most likely contributing factors to the assault aren’t the joke itself, but a mixture of Smith’s anger management, his lingering resentment over his wife’s sleeping around, and his Scientology)
Drawing attention to something that is out of her control and she is embarrassed about in a public forum is not on in my book regardless of how it's done.
Is she embarrassed about it? Not as if she’s hiding away under a wig or anything is it.

(I’d never heard of her until last week so happy to be corrected if she is actually embarrassed about it).
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Students and lefties?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Being blamed for everything just because you’re an old white man.
Adz
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Adz »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:35 pm
Adz wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:59 pm

Is she embarrassed about it? Not as if she’s hiding away under a wig or anything is it.

(I’d never heard of her until last week so happy to be corrected if she is actually embarrassed about it).
Come on mate, I know you're a big nutty professor fan.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Long slender neck wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:48 pm Big arses are all the rage, but whats that got to do with the Oscars?
Will Smith made a big arse out of himself whilst on stage. And without the need for cosmetic surgery.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The wokerati, who force upon the rest of us an agenda that results in most forms of popular culture being transmitted through a prism of diversity quotas and an underlying protracted moral lecture?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Taking the knee?

At your age it must take you ages to stand back up.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Black Lives Matter - because, for you, all lives really do matter?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:42 pm
Black Lives Matter - because, for you, all lives really do matter?
Big Houses Matter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nsion.html
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:40 pm
The wokerati, who force upon the rest of us an agenda that results in most forms of popular culture being transmitted through a prism of diversity quotas and an underlying protracted moral lecture?
I've never looked at it like that before.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:03 pm
Dunners wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:40 pm
I've never looked at it like that before.
Me neither.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Beradogs wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:24 pm You know what I really can’t stand anymore, women. Not any old women but a women without a modicum of talent walking along some beach in the Caribbean with a bit of cloth rammed up her backside and a couple of swingers desperately trying to come up for some air. I know next to nothing about Kim Kardashian and refuse to Google but what is that derrière I saw in the mail the other day. It looks f in g hideous. It must be a getting old thing but as you turn a certain age you realise how unappealing the human body looks. How utterly ridiculous it is to be famous for “flaunting it’. At any given time of the day everyone has at least a partial tortoise in various stages of formation in the large intestine. Sounds obvious but think about next time you are looking at Kardashians backside trying to get a semi.
** or transsexuals.
Does this apply to Priti Patel or is she exempt?
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:11 pm
greyhound wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:25 am https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/oscars-2022 ... 28420.html

would you clock someone taking the micky out of your wife.
I would of broke his nose with a punch not a slap.
This punch, greyhound, you reckon would have broken his nose? Just out of interest how do you think you would have delivered the blow. A left hook, or maybe a right cross?
I would go for the one that hurt the most and delivered as much damage as possible, the little sh*t was trying to provoke a reaction and got what he deserved, turd!
CEB

Post by CEB »

Type high wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:07 am
greyhound wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:25 am https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/oscars-2022 ... 28420.html

would you clock someone taking the micky out of your wife.
I would of broke his nose with a punch not a slap.
This punch, greyhound, you reckon would have broken his nose? Just out of interest how do you think you would have delivered the blow. A left hook, or maybe a right cross?
I would go for the one that hurt the most and delivered as much damage as possible, the little sh*t was trying to provoke a reaction and got what he deserved, turd!

What an embarrassing post
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Admin wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:00 pm
Beradogs wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:24 pm You know what I really can’t stand anymore, women. Not any old women but a women without a modicum of talent walking along some beach in the Caribbean with a bit of cloth rammed up her backside and a couple of swingers desperately trying to come up for some air. I know next to nothing about Kim Kardashian and refuse to Google but what is that derrière I saw in the mail the other day. It looks f in g hideous. It must be a getting old thing but as you turn a certain age you realise how unappealing the human body looks. How utterly ridiculous it is to be famous for “flaunting it’. At any given time of the day everyone has at least a partial tortoise in various stages of formation in the large intestine. Sounds obvious but think about next time you are looking at Kardashians backside trying to get a semi.
** or transsexuals.
Does this apply to Priti Patel or is she exempt?
Priti is exempt. The little minx.
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

CEB wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:16 am
Type high wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:07 am

What an embarrassing post
Nothing to be embarrassed about, most of us would've done the same thing he acted like a coward, picking on a woman who can't fight back, got a tad more reaction than what he was aiming for