To Serve and Protect

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

CEB

Re: To Serve and Protect

Post by CEB »

Sorry to post mail link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... arred.html

This guy was in several of my classes at school, was in my school football team & walked my route to school. You know the question “were you bullied at school?”. Yep, by him. Lots of subtle ways, and he turned on the charm when it suited.
Two particular memories -

one: December in year 9, when walking to school with my friend, him, and two girls from Green School, I gave out Christmas cards - when I gave Paul his, he ripped it up in front of everyone and laughed while saying “why the f*** would I want anything from you?”
two: in year 10, I won player of the year for our school football team. I was over the moon. He immediately told me that I’d got it because I’d got a bit less sh*t, not because I was any good, and that I was still sh*t.

Sorry to make it about me, but this case has f***ed me right off because from the age of 14 it was possible to identify this bloke as a nasty piece of work who liked to abuse power and charm his way out of any sh*t. There’s no way that this wasn’t preventable.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

'We know it is really shocking to hear a police officer is capable of carrying out such behaviour”.

No, it’s really not.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

You have to take a psychoanalytical test to prove you’re a big enough bumhole to join a bank - why can’t they do the same thing before you join the police force?
CEB

Post by CEB »

The metro story goes into more detail. Sounds exactly like him.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Does know his football though.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Fair point
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Max B Gold wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:17 pm More criminality from the not fit for purpose Met. Just how many murders and rapists are they harbouring?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... er-charges
Since I asked this question three months ago it appears the answer is a very big number.

Hardly a day goes by without new revelations about serious crimes being committed by serving officers who often go unpunished and who continue in the job.

Defund the Met.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

More news from the Met which suggests something is deeply wrong.

"Stephen House, the acting head of the UK’s biggest police force has admitted that cultural problems in the force are “not a few bad apples” and called for a change in procedures to allow managers to speedily sack errant officers."

How long before someone posts on here that "they're not all bad" and argues that although the barrel is rotten to the core there are still some "good apples" in there somewhere.
Give it to Jabo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Give it to Jabo »

It says Storey will not face criminal charges? Is this because the victims can not face the ordeal of giving further testimony? Absolute filth of a human being.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

They're not all bad. And even if there are a few more bad ones than we would like, there's still plenty of good apples in there.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dunners wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:34 pm They're not all bad. And even if there are a few more bad ones than we would like, there's still plenty of good apples in there.
Knew it would be you.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:42 pm
Dunners wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:34 pm They're not all bad. And even if there are a few more bad ones than we would like, there's still plenty of good apples in there.
Knew it would be you.
You disagree?
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Dohnut wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:56 pm
Knew it would be you.
You disagree?
Knew it would be you.
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Post by Dextercoindexter »

More than few the temporary Commissioner says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... 164155.amp
Gary's Big Brother
Fresh Alias

Post by Gary's Big Brother »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:03 pm

Knew it would be you.
You disagree?
Knew it would be you.
Two establishment apologists cornered in a few posts. Nice one bruv.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Gary's Big Brother wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:11 pm
Gary the Plumber wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:03 pm

You disagree?
Knew it would be you.
Two establishment apologists cornered in a few posts. Nice one bruv.
Cornered? I’m not the one afraid to answer the question. So maybe you have the guts to answer. But don’t feel I’m putting you in a corner either.

So. Do you agree? disagree?

To be fair I didn’t expect an answer then, I don’t from you. What will happen is sidestepping nonsenses because sometimes those people ready to take a swipe are scared to answer such points as it doesn’t follow the usual narrative people, idiots, choose to follow.

So grow a pair and answer the question. Or prove yourselves to be the cowards to are by avoiding. Balls in your court boys. 😂

Now that’s being in a corner.
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

What?

Bruv, can you translate for me please?
Gary's Big Brother
Fresh Alias

Post by Gary's Big Brother »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:09 am What?

I don't think anyone can least of all me but I think he's probably calling you the cee word or something. He seems very angry about something.
CEB

Post by CEB »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:30 pm It says Storey will not face criminal charges? Is this because the victims can not face the ordeal of giving further testimony? Absolute filth of a human being.

Court case requires “beyond reasonable doubt”, investigations at work require “on balance of probabilities”. Basically, he’s bang to rights but the nature of the evidence, as is often the case with rape trials, would make it likely that a good lawyer would get him found not guilty. I would imagine it helps when people doing the investigation and evidence collection might have a preference as to the outcome, but don’t know enough about it to say…
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

CEB wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:53 am
Give it to Jabo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:30 pm It says Storey will not face criminal charges? Is this because the victims can not face the ordeal of giving further testimony? Absolute filth of a human being.

Court case requires “beyond reasonable doubt”, investigations at work require “on balance of probabilities”. Basically, he’s bang to rights but the nature of the evidence, as is often the case with rape trials, would make it likely that a good lawyer would get him found not guilty. I would imagine it helps when people doing the investigation and evidence collection might have a preference as to the outcome, but don’t know enough about it to say…
What do you know about probabilities?
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

CEB wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:15 am Sorry to post mail link

This guy was in several of my classes at school, was in my school football team & walked my route to school. You know the question “were you bullied at school?”. Yep, by him. Lots of subtle ways, and he turned on the charm when it suited.

one: December in year 9, when walking to school with my friend, him, and two girls from Green School, I gave out Christmas cards - when I gave Paul his, he ripped it up in front of everyone and laughed while saying “why the f*** would I want anything from you?”
two: in year 10, I won player of the year for our school football team. I was over the moon. He immediately told me that I’d got it because I’d got a bit less sh*t, not because I was any good, and that I was still sh*t.

Sorry to make it about me, but this case has f***ed me right off because from the age of 14 it was possible to identify this bloke as a nasty piece of work who liked to abuse power and charm his way out of any sh*t. There’s no way that this wasn’t preventable.
The bullying does stick in your mind through life indeed.
Do you remember the feeling of total vented up frustration and anger that you get feeling you want to defend yourself but knowing you cannot physically do it and too afraid to try it verbally? I kind of managed to avoid most bullying as I was quite tall for my age. However when I was 16 I saved up for a second hand FS1E Moped as it cost small fortune to get to school by bus (and I wanted to emulate The Fonz)
This ex Schoolboy couple years older long expelled used to hang around the school, you know the type , wasters expelled now 19 idler just trying to continue his bullying as all he had. He was think and lanky about 6’5’ and came up to me demanding my keys to my treasured Yamaha. He was with two other 5hite bags. I told him I wasn’t handing them over despite threats of a major bashing up. No way. Surprisingly , he backed down and said he would be back another time.

About 15 years later , 6’2” and well built 18 stone, I saw this clown walking down the high road on his own. All that rage and anger came back, I was mad as hell. I spun my car around, leapt out and took him by surprise, said ‘You still want my keys, try take them now come on get them now’

His response was pitiful, looked terrified, even half apologised. I got back in my car and went but release my negative feelings after all those years. I almost felt guilty terrifying him.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:53 pm

Do you remember the feeling of total vented up frustration and anger that you get feeling you want to defend yourself but knowing you cannot physically do it and too afraid to try it verbally? I kind of managed to avoid most bullying as I was quite tall for my age. However when I was 16 I saved up for a second hand FS1E Moped as it cost small fortune to get to school by bus (and I wanted to emulate The Fonz)
This ex Schoolboy couple years older long expelled used to hang around the school, you know the type , wasters expelled now 19 idler just trying to continue his bullying as all he had. He was think and lanky about 6’5’ and came up to me demanding my keys to my treasured Yamaha. He was with two other 5hite bags. I told him I wasn’t handing them over despite threats of a major bashing up. No way. Surprisingly , he backed down and said he would be back another time.

About 15 years later , 6’2” and well built 18 stone, I saw this clown walking down the high road on his own. All that rage and anger came back, I was mad as hell. I spun my car around, leapt out and took him by surprise, said ‘You still want my keys, try take them now come on get them now’

His response was pitiful, looked terrified, even half apologised. I got back in my car and went but release my negative feelings after all those years. I almost felt guilty terrifying him.
Is that a lie?
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:13 pm

His response was pitiful, looked terrified, even half apologised. I got back in my car and went but released my negative feelings after all those years. I almost felt guilty terrifying him.
Is that a lie?

No. The post resurrected these awful memories and now watered down feelings.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:13 pm

Is that a lie?
Your doing that thing again.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:09 am What?

Do you disagree with the post in question. “More bad apples than we would like but more good apples than bad”. Just to clarify. I challenged Max on this, did he agree or not. No reply, no surprise.
Last edited by Dohnut on Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.