Tomorrow's game

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Re: Tomorrow's game

Post by Chocolate_brownie »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:17 pm
Chocolate_brownie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:09 pm
kokomO wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:57 pm

Exactly, but according to some is too big a seismic operation to put in place and far too risky.
So up to 1,000 possible O’s supporter or, even more importantly to the club, ‘neutrals’ wont be able to attend who might otherwise have done. As I say in my opening post, another missed opportunity by the club.
A Barrow fan was arrested today for climbing over the divide in the East Stand at half time and assaulting an Orient fan.

Luckily it was just one p*ssed up away fan who ended up tumbling down the stairs.

And You had the audacity to suggest that I was being “absurd” for suggesting that there was a potential for trouble.

If you had basic reading comprehension you’d understand that my actual challenge was to the ability of doing this within 24 hours of kick off.

So there we go. You’ve been proven wrong in both accounts.

1. Implementing a change to the structure of a football match within 24 hours of the fixture is not feasible
2. There most definitely is a risk of disorder with Barrow fans

I’m actually starting to agree with Tuffers, there really are some “half wit” fans on here.
You can meet bother walking to and from the ground with people not associated with the match.
Pitiful attempt at a WUM.

Going to leave this conversation here if incredibly weak attempts to get a bite are all that’s left to say.

The incident in the East stand at half time has completely proven my points and shown the OPs suggestion up as the foolish nonsense it was.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:27 pm Surely wouldn’t take that much to give the barrow fans the bottom half of the usual away end - the old standing part - and give the rest to us?

It’s what we did in our last non league game v Braintree isn’t it?
Exactly, but according to some is too big a seismic operation to put in place and far too risky.
So up to 1,000 possible O’s supporter or, even more importantly to the club, ‘neutrals’ wont be able to attend who might otherwise have done. As I say in my opening post, another missed opportunity by the club.
A Barrow fan was arrested today for climbing over the divide in the East Stand at half time and assaulting an Orient fan.

Luckily it was just one p*ssed up away fan who ended up tumbling down the stairs.

And You had the audacity to suggest that I was being “absurd” for suggesting that there was a potential for trouble.

If you had basic reading comprehension you’d understand that my actual challenge was to the ability of doing this within 24 hours of kick off.

1. Implementing a change to the structure of a football match within 24 hours of the fixture is not feasible

I’m actually starting to agree with Tuffers, there really are some “half wit” fans on here.
For someone who is so sure they’re correct you don’t half get angry and aggressive. :lol:

Couldn’t go in the end today so it was all a bit irrelevant from a personal point of view. Just dissapointing that you feel one drunken idiot would lead you to believe with proper stewarding orient couldn’t have sold the extra 1,000 possible tickets. Loss all round. And before you come back with the 24 hr nonsense again this is something that could’ve been arranged a couple of weeks ago going by the experience of the last cheap ticket game in October. It was there for all to see.
No winners in this outcome.

With Thanks
From
Half wit :8
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:27 pm Surely wouldn’t take that much to give the barrow fans the bottom half of the usual away end - the old standing part - and give the rest to us?

It’s what we did in our last non league game v Braintree isn’t it?

:lol: Not just here !
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Post by Dextercoindexter »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:24 pm

You can meet bother walking to and from the ground with people not associated with the match.

Going to leave this conversation here if incredibly weak attempts to get a bite are all that’s left to say.

The incident in the East stand at half time has completely proven my points and shown the OPs suggestion up as the foolish nonsense it was.
I lived in Leyton and Leytonstone all my life, how long you lived there? I know my Manor! You have to have your wits about you, especially on the Beaumont Estate, Bakers Arms or Capworth Street! There have been more shootings and stabbings there than the rest of Waltham Forest Borough. I am more worried going through these areas than a ‘handbags at dawn ‘ squabble in the ground.
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Post by Chocolate_brownie »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:10 pm

I lived in Leyton and Leytonstone all my life, how long you lived there? I know my Manor! You have to have your wits about you, especially on the Beaumont Estate, Bakers Arms or Capworth Street! There have been more shootings and stabbings there than the rest of Waltham Forest Borough. I am more worried going through these areas than a ‘handbags at dawn ‘ squabble in the ground.
Even worse than the first WUM attempt.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

A mate of mine lived on Dunton rd , ive had many a good session in the lord clyde , never been scared in any part of waltham forest & never will . Even when there were OTF in Suzies Wongs chinese restraunt . :D
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:04 pm

A mate of mine lived on Dunton rd , ive had many a good session in the lord clyde , never been scared in any part of waltham forest & never will . Even when there were OTF in Suzies Wongs chinese restraunt . :D
I lived with my Grandparents, few doors from Lord Clyde pub, in Victorian house before they demolished them to make low rise maisonettes, picture of his old 1950’s Ford outside pub was on the wall until it was turned to flats, I went School nearby, was never worried until after the late 80’s when mugged by gang as I went through Estate to visit my aunt.
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

I lived with my Grandparents, few doors from Lord Clyde pub, in Victorian house before they demolished them to make low rise maisonettes, picture of his old 1950’s Ford outside pub was on the wall until it was turned to flats, I went School nearby, was never worried until after the late 80’s when mugged by gang as I went through Estate to visit my aunt.
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:55 pm

If you have nothing to say don’t say anything?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:20 pm

Its
" If you have nothing worthwhile to add
Then dont post anything !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:19 pm

Really , poor chap .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:19 pm

Really , poor chap .
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:01 pm

Its
Pot calling kettle ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:49 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:01 pm

Its
Pot calling kettle ?
I added the correct phrase
That in itself is worthwhile !