Tomorrow's game

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

kokomO
Fresh Alias

Tomorrow's game

Post by kokomO »

Surely be a good time now the Orient end is a sell out tomorrow to remove segregation and sell remaining tickets to all supporters. I reckon barrow will bring about 200 max so that leaves 1,100 unsold tickets. Crazy. This isn't Millwall and if Fulham can have unsegregated away end in the championship I'm sure we can against Barrow. Again another case of Orient missing a trick
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Re: Tomorrow's game

Post by Chocolate_brownie »

I swear some people will literally try to find anything to have a pop at the club about.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:15 pm I swear some people will literally try to find anything to have a pop at the club about.
Pretty simple / easy thing to put right though.
Dohnut
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Dohnut »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:15 pm I swear some people will literally try to find anything to have a pop at the club about.
Like an idea that increases support and revenue. Hardly having a pop at the club!
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Dohnut wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:49 pm
Like an idea that increases support and revenue. Hardly having a pop at the club!
It’s the snide comment about Orient missing a trick.

Also I’m sure that offering up away tickets to home fans isn’t as simple as just deciding to do it 24hrs before kickoff. There will be stuff around Barrow having to return the unsold tickets they have, changes to the organisation of stewards, considerations about how the the food/drink bit will work (how will home/away fans be separated).

On top of all that, if you remove segregation and it kicks off with the Barrow fans who have turned up (and before you ask, I have actually seen agro between the two sets of fans back in the conference days outside the east stand) then I’m sure the club will get some sort of punishment/fine.

The idea that you can just make significant changes to the structure of a high attendance public even at the drop of a hat is immensely naive. To claim that the club are “missing a trick”, and thus insinuating that they are poorly run, by not making these changes on the fly is just outright absurd.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:05 pm

Also I’m sure that offering up away tickets to home fans isn’t as simple as just deciding to do it 24hrs before kickoff. There will be stuff around Barrow having to return the unsold tickets they have, changes to the organisation of stewards, considerations about how the the food/drink bit will work (how will home/away fans be separated).

On top of all that, if you remove segregation and it kicks off with the Barrow fans who have turned up (and before you ask, I have actually seen agro between the two sets of fans back in the conference days outside the east stand) then I’m sure the club will get some sort of punishment/fine.

The idea that you can just make significant changes to the structure of a high attendance public even at the drop of a hat is immensely naive. To claim that the club are “missing a trick”, and thus insinuating that they are poorly run, by not making these changes on the fly is just outright absurd.
The same thing happened in October against Hartlepool (home tickets sold out prior to game ) and the club would've known that barrow would be bringing a tenth of Hartlepool's support so hardly 'on the fly' as you naively put it.

If I can see this why can't the people working in the club. To back your argument up by saying there could be trouble between Orient and barrow supporters is laughable and you call my suggestions absurd....
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

I would consider reconfiguring the ground and give the away fans an end, or the ability for just half an end. The North stand would be best. The East could be all for O's fans and could become very loud / popular. Would also help with capacity issues
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

kokomO wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:21 pm

The same thing happened in October against Hartlepool (home tickets sold out prior to game ) and the club would've known that barrow would be bringing a tenth of Hartlepool's support so hardly 'on the fly' as you naively put it.

If I can see this why can't the people working in the club. To back your argument up by saying there could be trouble between Orient and barrow supporters is laughable and you call my suggestions absurd....
I’ve literally seen Barrow and Orient fans being separated by coppers outside the east stand after squaring up to each other. Granted it was about 10 people in total but still. To suggest that mixing fans at any football league fixture doesn’t have its risks is ridiculous.

Clearly those who run a football club for a living are not as wise and prescient as you. Obviously that’s the only reason they haven’t done this. Nothing to do with ticketing regulations or event management procedures or advice from security officials/the police. It’s just because they aren’t as clever as you.
Last edited by Chocolate_brownie on Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Whether it would work or not it hardly calls for describing the poster as 'snide'.
And I see now, he's also a pillock.
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Chief crazy horse wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:18 pm Whether it would work or not it hardly calls for describing the poster as 'snide'.
And I see now, he's also a pillock.
Agreed on your second point there.
Wally Banter
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Wally Banter »

You mean like when you recently moaned we were going to appoint Harold as permanent manager and that our owners would spin it to be a positive move? And then that didn’t even happen?
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

I don't think the Police would allow the North Stand for away supporters, as it's the furthest away from the Train Station and the away fans would "run the gauntlet" similar to us at our friendly cup game against our friends in Middlesborough, nice people up north, not.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:11 pm

I’ve literally seen Barrow and Orient fans being separated by coppers outside the east stand after squaring up to each other. Granted it was about 10 people in total but still. To suggest that mixing fans at any football league fixture doesn’t have its risks is ridiculous.

Clearly those who run a football club for a living are not as wise and prescient as you. Obviously that’s the only reason they haven’t done this. Nothing to do with ticketing regulations or event management procedures or advice from security officials/the police. It’s just because they aren’t as clever as you.
So explain how they were able to do exactly that against Braintree in April 2019 then?
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Wally Banter wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:38 pm
You mean like when you recently moaned we were going to appoint Harold as permanent manager and that our owners would spin it to be a positive move? And then that didn’t even happen?
You missed out the second part of that when the board proved me wrong and I heaped nothing but praise on them for what I thought was a good decision. Funny how you can go through my old posts but only the ones that suit your narrative.

Also, criticising the club for not hiring an appropriate manager when we were in serious danger of relegation is nowhere near the same as having a dig at the club for not randomly deciding to sell away tickets to home fans at the last minute.
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

kokomO wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:43 pm

So explain how they were able to do exactly that against Braintree in April 2019 then?
I can’t remember exactly but I’m fairly certain that the decision for that game was made well in advance of the game (certainly not within the 24 hours you’re proposing).

I’d also add that the situation is completely different. That game was the final game of the season against an already relegated club and there was a very high chance that we’d win the league.

Compare that to tomorrow which is a regular league game with about 10 games to go.

Anyway, we’ve already established that the only possible reason this hasn’t happened if because they who are paid to run the club and make these decisions are clearly nowhere near as clever as you. Orient should just hire you as the Chief Exec. Clearly you are far more qualified than whoever they current employ.
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:11 pm

I can’t remember exactly but I’m fairly certain that the decision for that game was made well in advance of the game (certainly not within the 24 hours you’re proposing).

I’d also add that the situation is completely different. That game was the final game of the season against an already relegated club and there was a very high chance that we’d win the league.

Compare that to tomorrow which is a regular league game with about 10 games to go.

Anyway, we’ve already established that the only possible reason this hasn’t happened if because they who are paid to run the club and make these decisions are clearly nowhere near as clever as you. Orient should just hire you as the Chief Exec. Clearly you are far more qualified than whoever they current employ.
Oh I wish they would , solely so I could then ban you (only joking, up the O’s!)
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

non leage rules against EFL rules . talk about weak boarding by both !
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:13 pm

You obviously missed the bit where I said that Fulham have mixed segregation IN THE EFL, lazy boarding Sir!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

kokomO wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:37 pm

You obviously missed the bit where I said that Fulham have mixed segregation IN THE EFL, lazy boarding Sir!

https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113007
The away end and the neutral end are different. They are are next to each-other, granted, but you're correct in that the supposed 'neutral' end usually contains a mixture of both home and away fans.

Still Lazier Boarding !
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:13 am

The away end and the neutral end are different. They are are next to each-other, granted, but you're correct in that the supposed 'neutral' end usually contains a mixture of both home and away fans.

Still Lazier Boarding !
How so? When what I've said about supporters mixing at Fulham was 100% correct. That's some spin.... ha
Max Fowler
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Max Fowler »

Surely wouldn’t take that much to give the barrow fans the bottom half of the usual away end - the old standing part - and give the rest to us?

It’s what we did in our last non league game v Braintree isn’t it?
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:27 pm Surely wouldn’t take that much to give the barrow fans the bottom half of the usual away end - the old standing part - and give the rest to us?

Exactly, but according to some is too big a seismic operation to put in place and far too risky.
So up to 1,000 possible O’s supporter or, even more importantly to the club, ‘neutrals’ wont be able to attend who might otherwise have done. As I say in my opening post, another missed opportunity by the club.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

kokomO wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:23 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:13 am

Still Lazier Boarding !
How so? When what I've said about supporters mixing at Fulham was 100% correct. That's some spin.... ha
Not really as both sets are seperated in seating , on the concourse they mix but seating still follows efl rules. very loosely maybe , but still within the rules.

Watch this vlog & it kind of makes it clear

Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

kokomO wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:57 pm
Gary the Plumber wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:27 pm Surely wouldn’t take that much to give the barrow fans the bottom half of the usual away end - the old standing part - and give the rest to us?

Exactly, but according to some is too big a seismic operation to put in place and far too risky.
So up to 1,000 possible O’s supporter or, even more importantly to the club, ‘neutrals’ wont be able to attend who might otherwise have done. As I say in my opening post, another missed opportunity by the club.
A Barrow fan was arrested today for climbing over the divide in the East Stand at half time and assaulting an Orient fan.

Luckily it was just one p*ssed up away fan who ended up tumbling down the stairs.

And You had the audacity to suggest that I was being “absurd” for suggesting that there was a potential for trouble.

If you had basic reading comprehension you’d understand that my actual challenge was to the ability of doing this within 24 hours of kick off.

So there we go. You’ve been proven wrong in both accounts.

1. Implementing a change to the structure of a football match within 24 hours of the fixture is not feasible
2. There most definitely is a risk of disorder with Barrow fans

I’m actually starting to agree with Tuffers, there really are some “half wit” fans on here.
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Post by Dextercoindexter »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:09 pm
kokomO wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:57 pm

A Barrow fan was arrested today for climbing over the divide in the East Stand at half time and assaulting an Orient fan.

Luckily it was just one p*ssed up away fan who ended up tumbling down the stairs.

And You had the audacity to suggest that I was being “absurd” for suggesting that there was a potential for trouble.

If you had basic reading comprehension you’d understand that my actual challenge was to the ability of doing this within 24 hours of kick off.

So there we go. You’ve been proven wrong in both accounts.

1. Implementing a change to the structure of a football match within 24 hours of the fixture is not feasible
2. There most definitely is a risk of disorder with Barrow fans

I’m actually starting to agree with Tuffers, there really are some “half wit” fans on here.
You can meet bother walking to and from the ground with people not associated with the match.