Who made the decision to appoint Paul Terry?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: Paul Terry.

Post by Story of O »

Sadly affairs happen all the time. I wonder how many of our former players have been naughty boys and strayed. And are we going to stop listening to our favourite music, watching our favourite films and reading our favourite authors if we find out they have had affairs?
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Re: The Terry boycott

Post by The Mindsweep »

Telling that no official announcement was placed on the club website re the appointment until first thing this morning. Seems many found out when they saw him in the video of yesterday's training session.

No excuse that Travis is unaware of Terry, he just had to google his name.
The Mindsweep
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by The Mindsweep »

Story of O wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:55 am Sadly affairs happen all the time. I wonder how many of our former players have been naughty boys and strayed. And are we going to stop listening to our favourite music, watching our favourite films and reading our favourite authors if we find out they have had affairs?
Not just the affair though, Terry's other issues are well known. Also he wasn't even employed as a coach in his last position. What is a loans manager?
Paddy
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy »

The Mindsweep wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:02 am Telling that no official announcement was placed on the club website re the appointment until first thing this morning. Seems many found out when they saw him in the video of yesterday's training session.

There was an article about the scumbag currently 2nd in command of our club posted last night around 7/8pm.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

The Mindsweep wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:05 am
Story of O wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:55 am Sadly affairs happen all the time. I wonder how many of our former players have been naughty boys and strayed. And are we going to stop listening to our favourite music, watching our favourite films and reading our favourite authors if we find out they have had affairs?
Not just the affair though, Terry's other issues are well known. Also he wasn't even employed as a coach in his last position. What is a loans manager?
Ask that fletcher bloke from Bournemouth.

He’s ultimately responsible for the development and progression of the clubs young players.
Woodford Orient
Fresh Alias

Post by Woodford Orient »

Cannot understand some of your comments yes things happen yes good or bad right or wrong, so if any can find in anyone/anybody for any reason think most people have some kind of skeleton in the cupboard, most people are not squeaky clean so for me personally I just go to watch my football team Leyton Orient, social media can cause too many problems But instead of picking on a guy who had an affair think this why it appears right or wrong it’s for those individuals to sort it out! Still want to moan try moaning about PUTIN now there's one harshole, rant over
NavarinO
Fresh Alias

Post by NavarinO »

Woodford Orient wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:33 am Cannot understand some of your comments yes things happen yes good or bad right or wrong, so if any can find in anyone/anybody for any reason think most people have some kind of skeleton in the cupboard, most people are not squeaky clean so for me personally I just go to watch my football team Leyton Orient, social media can cause too many problems But instead of picking on a guy who had an affair think this why it appears right or wrong it’s for those individuals to sort it out! Still want to moan try moaning about PUTIN now there's one harshole, rant over
To put it into perspective, Putin makes Paul Terry look like a choir boy.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

let he that is without sin cast the first stone
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Who made the decision to appoint Paul Terry?

Post by PutneyO »

He is alleged to have had an affair with the fiancée of teammate Dale Roberts during their time together at Rushden & Diamonds, which resulted in Roberts committing suicide

Let's just give it a rest and let him get on with the job
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

PutneyO wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:46 am He is alleged to have had an affair with the fiancée of teammate Dale Roberts during their time together at Rushden & Diamonds, which resulted in Roberts committing suicide

Sorry, not going to happen.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Good point guys, he hasn’t committed genocide so we should probably give him a break.
Paddy
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy »

Must’ve missed Putin being employed by our club. Is he going to go on the board?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Admin wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:55 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:27 pm
Dunners wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:51 pm

It was a sh*tty thing to do, but it's just not on to make Terry responsible for someone's decision to take their own life. That decision was Dale Roberts', and his alone. And nobody can truly know everything that was going on inside his head at the time.
Why did Terry decide on staying on His Sofa ?

If he had slept on someone elses then The Kid might still be alive & you cant prove anything different .
And neither can you prove he’d still be alive if he hadn’t. As has been said already, we know nothing about Dale Robert’s mental state.

I’m no fan of the Terry’s but there’s plenty of instances where affairs have taken place. I doubt very much it’d ever cross anyone’s mind that the wronged party would commit suicide.
Completely agree. Finding the reaction over the top to this really. In the last decade we signed someone who was jailed for attempting to attack a witness who secured the conviction of two murderers. Didn't Ricky Otto sign for us after doing time for armed robbery?

People have affairs, 99.9% of the time doesn't end as tragically as it did with Roberts. And it's only cause of that that we know about the affair at all. God knows how many players and staff we've had who have done something similar over the years.

Tacking on the gambling stuff - which is endemic in the game - as proof that the guy is so morally bankrupt that this has poisoned the club is a bit of a reach.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:24 am
Admin wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:55 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:27 pm

Why did Terry decide on staying on His Sofa ?

If he had slept on someone elses then The Kid might still be alive & you cant prove anything different .
And neither can you prove he’d still be alive if he hadn’t. As has been said already, we know nothing about Dale Robert’s mental state.

I’m no fan of the Terry’s but there’s plenty of instances where affairs have taken place. I doubt very much it’d ever cross anyone’s mind that the wronged party would commit suicide.
Completely agree. Finding the reaction over the top to this really. In the last decade we signed someone who was jailed for attempting to attack a witness who secured the conviction of two murderers. Didn't Ricky Otto sign for us after doing time for armed robbery?

People have affairs, 99.9% of the time doesn't end as tragically as it did with Roberts. And it's only cause of that that we know about the affair at all. God knows how many players and staff we've had who have done something similar over the years.

Tacking on the gambling stuff - which is endemic in the game - as proof that the guy is so morally bankrupt that this has poisoned the club is a bit of a reach.
Have you really gone with a ‘What about the bloke who played for us 30 years ago after doing time?’
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I’d like to know when his ban from the ground was officially lifted.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

They're even picking on his mum too. Demented stuff.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Didn't Adam Boyd do the dirty with someone's wife while he was at Hartlepool?

If so, evil scum should be pulled limb from limb by four Ukrainian tractors.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

It's only an alleged affair too, to be honest. From the articles posted it appears it has always been denied and no proof presented, so imagine if there hadn't actually been any infidelity, yet the rumours were a contributory factor in the poor man's death. That would mean that it was actually those who spread and amplified those rumours who were "culpable" - rather than Terry or the fiancee.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

PutneyO wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:46 am He is alleged to have had an affair with the fiancée of teammate Dale Roberts during their time together at Rushden & Diamonds, which resulted in Roberts committing suicide

Let the scum bag get on with his job, you are having a laugh.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Dunners wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:35 am Didn't Adam Boyd do the dirty with someone's wife while he was at Hartlepool?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/1 ... ng-autism/

What circle of cheaters hell does Archibald belong to?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Dunners wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:35 am Didn't Adam Boyd do the dirty with someone's wife while he was at Hartlepool?

I believe that’s true. Although I don’t think it was with one of his team mates wives.

I’m also not aware whether Boyd is from a family of petty criminals, has a history of scummy agent behaviour, or gambles illegally.

Hang on, you’re just doing that What About Terry stuff, ain’t you.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

The Mindsweep wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:02 am Telling that no official announcement was placed on the club website re the appointment until first thing this morning. Seems many found out when they saw him in the video of yesterday's training session.

apart from the announcement yesterday on the club's social media?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:43 am

This is awful. A teenage lad sent something horrible to his girlfriend when he was having a row with her. I don’t think I can deal with this.
Paddy
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy »

Mistadobalina wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:43 am

The circle where his cheating hasn’t directly lead to another young persons death. Until it does his behaviour is disgusting but within the “he without sin cast the first stone” remit. The day one of his cheating partners husband or boyfriends kill themselves because of the affairs, I shall be the first one to ask that Theo too is removed from our club.
Last edited by Paddy on Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:44 am I’m also not aware whether Boyd is from a family of petty criminals.
Judging people based on their family is OK again 🙌🏻