Myles Judd

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Myles Judd

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

dOh Nut wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:30 pm Bit like I said once before. People pushing around all sorts of rumours on the off chance that sometimes they may be right. Which is then followed by a ‘ooh look at me’ post.
Yep. Broken clocks and all that.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Cheshunto wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:30 pm Yeah i tend to agree Thor, I would be well p*ssed off if Happe was allowed to leave.............I enjoy seeing youth set up products making it into our First team. I understand we had no choice with Macca and Josh, but Dan Happe doesn`t have one of these `release clauses` in his contract, does he ??
Probably doesn't but guess we may soon find out.
A Pedant
Fresh Alias

Post by A Pedant »

Lucky7 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:55 pm Don’t know if this is Judds agent tweeting this

Unlikely, since his Twitter bio says "ex-football agent".
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

Fair enough👍

Could be one big dollop of rumour poop then
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Hopefully
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Thor wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:08 pmHopefully
I dunno. I think I'd still take £75k and a 25% sell on if we replaced him with someone good.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by CreamofSumYungGai »

If he does go - and I really hope he doesn’t - then I can’t see us replacing him.

This will allow Ling to take the spot uncontested with Turley as back up as and when needed. It’s also possible that we’ll be going with 5-3-2 so will have the option of playing the likes of Brophy there.

We definitely won’t be bringing in someone really good, forcing Ling onto the bench.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

That's the thing with these sales, it's not so much about losing players go who want to move but rather whether we'll actually replace them at all. Running with such a thin squad and no loans allowed is risky business.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

£75k and 25% ain't the worst deal. I'd rather have that than a straight £175k for example.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

gshaw wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:17 pm That's the thing with these sales, it's not so much about losing players go who want to move but rather whether we'll actually replace them at all. Running with such a thin squad and no loans allowed is risky business.
Here we go again with the squad size issue at the start of July. It's like you just aren't capable of understanding that the squad size now is likely smaller than it will be in August
Lucky7
Regular
Regular

Post by Lucky7 »

LittleMate wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:18 pm £75k and 25% ain't the worst deal. I'd rather have that than a straight £175k for example.
Great bit of business for when Real Madrid buy him for 1 billion big ones 😂😋
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:16 pm If he does go - and I really hope he doesn’t - then I can’t see us replacing him.

This will allow Ling to take the spot uncontested with Turley as back up as and when needed. It’s also possible that we’ll be going with 5-3-2 so will have the option of playing the likes of Brophy there.

We definitely won’t be bringing in someone really good, forcing Ling onto the bench.
I agree with cream as like I said early in this thread he won’t be replaced and I make cream right on he reasons why.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

LittleMate wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:18 pm £75k and 25% ain't the worst deal. I'd rather have that than a straight £175k for example.
Think I'd prefer the £175k. The selling team would need to get £400k or £475k (depending if fee based or profit based) for him in future and I don't think that is realistic.
LittleMate
Regular
Regular

Post by LittleMate »

All depends if he kicks on or not SF. £100k ain't much to our losses but a couple of good seasons and he could be selling 2 a championship side for £1.5m and our annual defecit is covered. Its a bit of a fantasy, I know, but it could happen.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:24 pm
gshaw wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:17 pm That's the thing with these sales, it's not so much about losing players go who want to move but rather whether we'll actually replace them at all. Running with such a thin squad and no loans allowed is risky business.
Here we go again with the squad size issue at the start of July. It's like you just aren't capable of understanding that the squad size now is likely smaller than it will be in August
We'll see if all the departures are replaced plus the ones required to improve the squad by then. I got a funny feeling we won't. Also if you hadn't noticed we're already into pre-season games as of Saturday, not much good signing people 2 days before transfer deadline and they come into the squad cold.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

gshaw wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:37 am
We'll see if all the departures are replaced plus the ones required to improve the squad by then. I got a funny feeling we won't. Also if you hadn't noticed we're already into pre-season games as of Saturday, not much good signing people 2 days before transfer deadline and they come into the squad cold.
As I just said in another thread, we sold two strikers, and signed two strikers. It is so normal to not have your full squad before the first pre-season game.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:40 am

As I just said in another thread, we sold two strikers, and signed two strikers. It is so normal to not have your full squad before the first pre-season game.
We also let another striker, Jay Simpson, go. And Alabi has been transfer listed so that makes 4 going out. By my reckoning, we are still 2 short.

Same in midfield, we let Lawless and Lee go and have replaced them with just Josh Wright. We've also yet to hear if Dayton is going to resign.

You can't criticise people for pointing out that pre-season has started, our first friendly is this Saturday, and we are currently very short on numbers and, arguably, quality.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

LittleMate wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:04 am All depends if he kicks on or not SF. £100k ain't much to our losses but a couple of good seasons and he could be selling 2 a championship side for £1.5m and our annual defecit is covered. Its a bit of a fantasy, I know, but it could happen.
But if we keep him and he does kick on with us, then we'll be able to sell him for a lot more than £75k or £175k.
BrendO
Fresh Alias

Post by BrendO »

Don’t want to come across as some kind of ITK tw*t, but have it on good authority that there’s nothing in this Judd to Coventry rumour.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Nobody has suggested signing players two days before the transfer deadline. You're just making something a problem well before it actually is one. By all means have your moans in August but it's tedious seeing it almost every day when we clearly haven't concluded our summer business.
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

BrendO wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:47 am Don’t want to come across as some kind of ITK tw*t, but have it on good authority that there’s nothing in this Judd to Coventry rumour.
You are correct, no point at all in getting into a frenzy about Judd being sold to Coventry until or IF it does actually happen. Fact is that at present, he is contracted to play for Leyton Orient for another two seasons, so wait and see what happens and if he does stay at the Os, hope he does well and remains more injury free than he has over the last couple of seasons.
Red_Army
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Red_Army »

CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:44 am

We also let another striker, Jay Simpson, go. And Alabi has been transfer listed so that makes 4 going out. By my reckoning, we are still 2 short.

Same in midfield, we let Lawless and Lee go and have replaced them with just Josh Wright. We've also yet to hear if Dayton is going to resign.

You can't criticise people for pointing out that pre-season has started, our first friendly is this Saturday, and we are currently very short on numbers and, arguably, quality.
Simpson was signed to cover Koroma's injury in February last season. Once Koroma was up and running again, he couldn't get onto the pitch. If Alabi goes, then yes we will need another forward, but that means only one to come in. 6 strikers on the books would be overkill.

I think we may bring in another central midfielder, but a case for a Clay-Wright-Gorman-McAnuff central 4 can be made.

We need a winger, for sure and I expect we will sign one, rumoured to be Louis Dennis, in the coming days.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

Nicky Shorey was sold to Reading for £ 25 000 with a 15 % sell on clause.

We got recieved £ 510 000 seven years after we sold him.
CreamofSumYungGai
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Red_Army wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:56 am
CreamofSumYungGai wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:44 am

Simpson was signed to cover Koroma's injury in February last season. Once Koroma was up and running again, he couldn't get onto the pitch. If Alabi goes, then yes we will need another forward, but that means only one to come in. 6 strikers on the books would be overkill.

I think we may bring in another central midfielder, but a case for a Clay-Wright-Gorman-McAnuff central 4 can be made.

We need a winger, for sure and I expect we will sign one, rumoured to be Louis Dennis, in the coming days.
5 and a kid is not overkill IMO. It's the one position that you use subs and change things up practically every game. Even when we had Bonne and Koroma who were undropable, we still brought on Harold (and played 3 or stuck Josh out wide).

In one of his earliest chats, Justin said he wanted 2 players for each position all over the park plus support from kids. But then added you can never have enough strikers, so would take 5 up top.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Hopefully Brendo is right on this one.