Anyone else had enough?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Re: Anyone else had enough?

Post by Dextercoindexter »

soloman wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:26 pm
Dextercoindexter wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:45 am
Bluecap wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:25 am Supported this club since Be Bop a Lula was in the Hit Parade.
Gone through thick and thin but it just seems that my beloved club has now come to the end of the road.
No direction on or off the field and no enjoyment except to seeing my London Mates.
Is that enough to waste a weekend?
Ling has to go,I am really confident that once he is removed the club will be released from the shackles of his negative influence and new avenues can be explored.
Z Z Z Z Z Z ,SAME OLD, SAME OLD .
Those ‘Z’s’ the way they are spaced could be offensive in current climate, can you not use small letters without spaces please? People do not sleep like that anyhow unless with sleep apnea.
spen666
Regular
Regular

Post by spen666 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:21 pm ...

But even Paul Brush didn't manage to get us relegated from league 2 with a disinterested Hearn in charge. That's how hard it is to get relegated from this division. ...
The number of relegation places has increased by 100% since Brush was manager
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Dextercoindexter wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:31 pm

Ling has to go,I am really confident that once he is removed the club will be released from the shackles of his negative influence and new avenues can be explored.
Those ‘Z’s’ the way they are spaced could be offensive in current climate, can you not use small letters without spaces please? People do not sleep like that anyhow unless with sleep apnea.
I find your continuing harassment of ML offensive ,so poke it .
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

spen666 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:48 pm
Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:21 pm ...

But even Paul Brush didn't manage to get us relegated from league 2 with a disinterested Hearn in charge. That's how hard it is to get relegated from this division. ...
The number of relegation places has increased by 100% since Brush was manager
Hard to believe now that there used to be a vote to see if the bottom team in Division 4 was to be relegated
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

gshaw wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:59 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:33 pm Good post. I almost feel like the owners have their eye so much on the future, and how we modernise, and how we use analytics (which im all for btw) that the short term goal of getting out of league two is almost an afterthought. I'm sure thats probably not strictly true but the introduction of new investors is an interesting conundurum on how they balance the future and the now.
You raise another point. At the start of the season it was said with Coley Parry etc. coming in we'd be using more "moneyball" style stats in our recruitment.

Fast forward to Ling's recent podcast and when asked if we were using them his blunt answer was basically "nope not really"

At present the owners whilst well-meaning are getting the core product badly wrong. They're too busy with Ling's sideline projects

- academy
- summer camps
- women's team (demoted 4 divisions and being touted as a success?!)

and neglecting the first team. Players like Kyprianou and Young being thrown in the side smacks of being a strategy / political decision than one based on their footballing ability at this moment in time as first-choice League 2 CMs.

Back in the NL days the brief was simple "get back into the EFL"

Now try and figure out what it is? Every party pulling in a different direction...

Board..
Reform football
Bring in new investors
Equality and diversity targets

DoF...
Academy academy academy

Manager
Recruit quality players for a promotion push

Fans
Promotion from League 2
I agree with most of your points. I think the number one things the board should be doing now is working on that joined up vision and prioritising properly. Add to that an accountability for each goal. And then to essentially communicate that to the fans at the end of this season. This is what we are doing and this is where the fans play a part in achieving it.

I’m not sure it’s fair to say they are Lings sideline projects. They would have no doubt been passed down to him to manage as I don’t see him as being particularly innovative. The US summer camps stink of Travis as well. I don’t disagree with any of the things you listed, especially growing our brand, but you naturally do that by putting a successful team on the pitch.

I also don’t agree that the ‘obsession’ with the academy is wrong. I wouldn’t mind going to the a Brentford style set-up (and suspect we will at some point), but we haven’t got that and whilst that’s the case we need to use what we have to supplement the squad. The problem is that instead of having decent players next to people like Young and Kyp, there’s no one able to cover their inevitable mistakes, to teach them and to take the pressure off. They’ve turned into first team era because the recruitment has been poor. That could be a budget thing but it’s short sighted and unfair on the players. Ogie is an exception but we actually managed him well last year with loans.
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Well part of the reason Ogie wasn't used was the strange way Embleton hung him out to dry for even a minor mistake, definitely the one youth player who has developed this year.

Signing two more U23s in January really was bizarre. The leaks suggest they weren't planned choices so you're either looking at panic buys or a poor reflection on academy players not making the grade, which Coleman and Brown may replace in summer?

The fact we haven't been this reliant on unproven youths since the Bechetti days really doesn't bode well. Another manager said it recently, you can blood one or two young players in a squad doing well but not relying on 3-4 with little to no experience between them.

As you say the Brentford model makes more sense and was interesting that Ling alluded to setting up a U23 side, though he seemed to suggest that'd be yet another addition to an already bloated setup.

The irony of all this should the unthinkable happen they'd have to scrap the whole academy thing in its entirety.

Building the brand abroad is fine but it only works if your core product is good, it certainly looks to the fans like the first team squad isn't the primary focus and January dealing have really put the spotlight on the overall strategy.
Dextercoindexter
Fresh Alias

Post by Dextercoindexter »

Bluecap wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:25 am Supported this club since Be Bop a Lula was in the Hit Parade.
Gone through thick and thin but it just seems that my beloved club has now come to the end of the road.
No direction on or off the field and no enjoyment except to seeing my London Mates.
Please consider losing the capital ‘Z’s’ Solomon?
Not good in present climate?

Actually second time you posted same today and I think a snooze like this appropriate, viz : ‘zzzzzzzzzz brrrrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzz brrrrrrrrrrrrrr’.

Agree that it is ‘Same old Martin Ling’ though
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

It does seem like we’re in a “ Race with the Devil” at the moment!😁👍
kokomO
Fresh Alias

Post by kokomO »

Mistadobalina wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:21 pm I am baffled as to how they could sink this much money into the club and get such an awful return - and then still persist with the same approach. Their hearts seem in the right place, they talk a good game, they have identified what needs to be modernised to make the club competitive in the modern game. I don't really have an issue with the club going 'corporate' - I'd far rather we bring in some extra cash that way than be indefinitely dependent on rich benefactors.

But even Paul Brush didn't manage to get us relegated from league 2 with a disinterested Hearn in charge. That's how hard it is to get relegated from this division. That we may do it whilst spending a relatively large amount having had a decorated manager in charge at seasons start suggests something is very wrong with the way the football side of things is being run. Our recruitment in January was truly awful.

However this season ends, we need a proper shake up of how the football side of things are run. Otherwise apathy is inevitably going to really set in.
To be fair only one team being relegated in those times helped the Orient managers then massively. Once it changed to 2 made it a whole new ball game. Take this season as an example. We wouldn't be in the slightest worried now if it was only one relegated and have our summer flip flops on by now....
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Haters Hating
Put your wedge together & buy Nigel & Kent out .
Assuming you pass all the regulations that is !!
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

While there is breath in my body i will never have " Had Enough " .

I may miss games but id miss The O's more !
y o y o y
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by y o y o y »

Anyone else had enough?

I have now.
Bye
Bluecap
Fresh Alias

Post by Bluecap »

Can you believe it only at Leyton Orient would this happen Im with you.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:49 pm While there is breath in my body i will never have " Had Enough " .

I may miss games but id miss The O's more !
starting to reconsider. might go on the 19th for the last time just to abuse T*RRY .