Can’t figure out which January signing is the worst

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Can’t figure out which January signing is the worst

Post by Chocolate_brownie »

It really is hard to pick the worst out of Ray, Nouble, Coleman, Moss and Brown.

Coleman is really, really, really bad. If you’re signing a player from the conference you better make sure he’s one of the best in that tinpot division. This clown was playing for one of the worst teams in that division and I’m completely convinced that he wasn’t even their best player.

Nouble. A striker who hasn’t scored a single goal for Colchester this season. One of the maddest signings I’ve ever seen. I simply cannot understand the logic behind this one.

Ray. Crap. Nothing more too it really. Actually makes our defence worse when he plays. And his head looks like a Lego man’s head.

Brown. A child. Looks like he’d get bullied playing U23s football. Shouldn’t be anywhere near a League 2 squad, unless it’s as a ballboy.

Moss. I can’t even really remember who this one is. He played something like 2 or 3 games then vanished.

Khan is the only player who isn’t complete cack but it looks like he’s being played completely out of position so wouldn’t really matter if he was C. Ronaldo.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Can’t figure out which January signing is the worst

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Glad you included Khan in that - gave the ball away for their goal and on multiple other occasions as well.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Chocolate_brownie wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:33 pm It really is hard to pick the worst out of Ray, Nouble, Coleman, Moss and Brown.

Coleman is really, really, really bad. If you’re signing a player from the conference you better make sure he’s one of the best in that tinpot division. This clown was playing for one of the worst teams in that division and I’m completely convinced that he wasn’t even their best player.

Nouble. A striker who hasn’t scored a single goal for Colchester this season. One of the maddest signings I’ve ever seen. I simply cannot understand the logic behind this one.

Ray. Crap. Nothing more too it really. Actually makes our defence worse when he plays. And his head looks like a Lego man’s head.

Brown. A child. Looks like he’d get bullied playing U23s football. Shouldn’t be anywhere near a League 2 squad, unless it’s as a ballboy.

Moss. I can’t even really remember who this one is. He played something like 2 or 3 games then vanished.

Khan is the only player who isn’t complete cack but it looks like he’s being played completely out of position so wouldn’t really matter if he was C. Ronaldo.
Ray.”And his head looks like a Lego man’s head”…. :lol: :lol: :lol:
PoundhillO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PoundhillO »

That’s what happens when the best choices are removed due to budgetary reasons, the budget was clearly insufficient.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

MrB wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:48 pm
Chocolate_brownie wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:33 pm It really is hard to pick the worst out of Ray, Nouble, Coleman, Moss and Brown.

Yep, was going to say that Ray seems especially appalling.
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Makes you wonder what 'The Transfer Committee ' were on doesn't it.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Couldn’t agree more. Recruitment absolutely shambolic and whoever’s responsible needs to go asap. Also agree what you say about Khan and that seems to be the general consensus, player there but needs to be used right
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Ray was stand out the worst player on the pitch.

And they even brought that Omotoye on at the end,
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:59 pm Ray was stand out the worst player on the pitch.
Had to read that twice
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

PoundhillO wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:49 pm That’s what happens when the best choices are removed due to budgetary reasons, the budget was clearly insufficient.
The top 8 budget with further increases was inadequate?
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

On the bright side; we did get some money for Dan Kemp. He has played 2. minutes for MK.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:11 pm
PoundhillO wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:49 pm That’s what happens when the best choices are removed due to budgetary reasons, the budget was clearly insufficient.
It is when you’ve got someone with the negotiating skills of a toddler in charge of spaffing it up the wall.
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Wasn't at the game today but Coleman has shown enough to suggest he could be quite a good pick up.

Agreed on the rest of them. Having had a thin squad with strong first eleven all season, we went complete opposite direction in January and padded our squad out with complete mediocrity.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:21 pm
Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:11 pm
It is when you’ve got someone with the negotiating skills of a toddler in charge of spaffing it up the wall.
There's nothing to support that view. I mean, I could equally claim that you have the accountancy skills of a toddler too.

Besides, you'd soon have been spitting your dummy out if you'd heard players we were in for were signing for other clubs last summer because we hadn't offered them enough.
whittle76
Fresh Alias

Post by whittle76 »

I don't understand why Coleman is be written of so quickly, because at the moment he is our 1st choice midfielder! Certainly today he was better than Pratley and Hector, combined.
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

Totally agree that Khan looks the only one of the January signings who is capable of playing at this level. But we're playing him at right back because the guy who we signed supposedly as a right back has been totally found out after a couple of games. And how we thought that a striker who was deemed to be surplus to requirements at Colchester of all clubs was going to turn things round for us is a total mystery. Instead of 6 signings, we should have signed a decent right back, Khan and a decent midfielder. That would have done us.
Reflecto
Fresh Alias

Post by Reflecto »

Not forgetting the £8.7million cash injection. The board, KJ and of course ML all screwed up big time

NL bound without a miracle...
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:25 pm Wasn't at the game today but Coleman has shown enough to suggest he could be quite a good pick up.

Agreed on the rest of them. Having had a thin squad with strong first eleven all season, we went complete opposite direction in January and padded our squad out with complete mediocrity.
Mediocrity is overdoing it after seeing Ray today. A baffling piece of recruitment.

The colebrown that played today, which ever one it was, might well be ok in time. But we’ve already got a plethora of midfield prospects. We need someone that can battle now.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Supporters were duped by the board, there wasn’t the amount of money at the the start of the season and most of the budget was spent on Jacket and new coaches, plus it was the same in the January window. All done to appease the the supporters I’m afraid 🙈
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Can’t understand how Ray gets in ahead of Adam Thompson
Chocolate_brownie
Fresh Alias

Post by Chocolate_brownie »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:47 pm Supporters were duped by the board, there wasn’t the amount of money at the the start of the season and most of the budget was spent on Jacket and new coaches, plus it was the same in the January window. All done to appease the the supporters I’m afraid 🙈

I always find it funny when people insulate that poor performances are somehow linked to the fans and their apparently outrageous demands rather than, you know, the people actually paid to win football matches.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

banqo wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:54 pm Makes you wonder what 'The Transfer Committee ' were on doesn't it.
This transfer committee idea isn't working.
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:50 pm
MrB wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:48 pm

Yep, was going to say that Ray seems especially appalling.
So Martin why did you sign him?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:52 pm Can’t understand how Ray gets in ahead of Adam Thompson
Thompson was a stupid gamble by the club. Brought in on high wages to be a key player despite having made barely 200 professional appearances by 28. We signed him, Smyth and Reilly presumably as first team players and none of them have made any sort of impact. There's also something deeply flawed with our recruitment policy.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Mistadobalina wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:17 pm
Cheshunto wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:52 pm Can’t understand how Ray gets in ahead of Adam Thompson
Thompson was a stupid gamble by the club. Brought in on high wages to be a key player despite having made barely 200 professional appearances by 28. We signed him, Smyth and Reilly presumably as first team players and none of them have made any sort of impact. There's also something deeply flawed with our recruitment policy.
Yep, you'd have thought our penchant for injured players would have worn off considering how many times we have been stung.