Matt Harrold named temporary boss while process to replace Jackett takes place

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Stamford O
Fresh Alias

Re: Matt Harrold named temporary boss while process to replace Jackett takes place

Post by Stamford O »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:09 pm Give the fella a chance, at least..
He's had a morning and nothings changed.time to go
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Re: Matt Harrold named temporary boss while process to replace Jackett takes place

Post by MassiveForehead »

It's an obvious step for the club as they clearly didn't have anyone lined up. More reactionery thinking by the board, without a proper plan. Almost like the Italians are back "Jim is sacked. John, you do it..." "no boss, i'm with Jim" "ok no worries, you're sacked.. Marc you do it" - to paraphrase Marc Bircham when Briatore asked him to be in charge of a QPR game.

I do like Harrold though. Can understand why people wanted to see him gone after the last change of management, but I think he's a decent enough guy to be given a fair crack of the whip on Saturday.

Will wait until we lose 2-0 before giving him dog's abuse :)
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

Well, let's hope for a decent short-term reaction on the pitch, with a few 6 pointers against relegation fodder to come next. Fingers crossed, eh?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:00 pm Confirmed, assisted by Brian Saah. Uncanny prediction by whoever it was
That were me, the wording used was pretty close too :lol:
PKM
Fresh Alias

Post by PKM »

There wasn’t really any other choice so no surprises.
Matt can keep the seat warm till Russell arrives next week.
Qin
Fresh Alias

Post by Qin »

Wouldnt be surprised if Ling has more than a say so in what team is put out on Saturday
cockhat
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by cockhat »

HenleyO wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:19 pm Pretty obvious wasn’t it.
Let’s pray for the win on Saturday.
Brian Saah has been doing a good job with the U18’s.
Harrold is well liked so fingers crossed
I thought the under 18’s were bottom on their league!
I stand corrected if that’s wrong
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Qin wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:26 pm Wouldnt be surprised if Ling has more than a say so in what team is put out on Saturday
In his own words the younger managers needed more of his "advice".

As the song goes... Like a puppet on a Ling
Qin
Fresh Alias

Post by Qin »

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Live scenes from the training ground <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/lofc?src=ha ... ">#lofc</a> <a href="https://t.co/M0JLKlHuKR">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Lee Swallow (@LSwallow74) <a href=" 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
BigDaddyO
Fresh Alias

Post by BigDaddyO »

I swear the worst, most negative people on this forum never go to games.

Bet they're old c***s who haven't seen us play live since their grandkids dragged them to the arsenal game 10 years ago.

Give them a chance, so much negativity on here it's poisonous.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:20 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 pm I’m not actually sure what Harold is still doing at the club and why he wasn’t bombed out with all the others from the NL days.

Saah is Lings new Embleton.

Absolute joke.
rubbish ,saah was connected to lingy way before Ross. or is it because Brian is black &Matt is ginger that offends you so much ?
Unbelievable, even if it is meant as a joke.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

BigDaddyO wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:46 pm I swear the worst, most negative people on this forum never go to games.

Bet they're old c***s who haven't seen us play live since their grandkids dragged them to the arsenal game 10 years ago.

Give them a chance, so much negativity on here it's poisonous.
Plenty of young c***s are also pretty negative about Harrold, to paraphrase you. It's not about age, it's about the desire to rubbish all and everything that comes out of the club.

I do agree with giving Harrold and Saah a chance though. Nobody on here has any idea if they'll be able to get more out of the players. Let's see how they get on.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:02 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:20 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:13 pm I’m not actually sure what Harold is still doing at the club and why he wasn’t bombed out with all the others from the NL days.

Saah is Lings new Embleton.

Absolute joke.
rubbish ,saah was connected to lingy way before Ross. or is it because Brian is black &Matt is ginger that offends you so much ?
Unbelievable, even if it is meant as a joke.
Im not the one slagging Harold or Saah , go talk to the abuser !
Jman
Fresh Alias

Post by Jman »

All for this on some level, particularly if it sparks results. You have to wonder whether Kenny was starting to become unpopular in the dressing room, with talk of antiquated training methods.

Again though, this interim gig is another throw of the dice on Saturdays result. Surely they would have been talking to a few people in the past couple week to identify a successor if the results went sour? Just feels sometimes we operate one or two steps behind other clubs at times
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Well the CEO going hasn't helped with forward planning, that's for sure.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Not a lot of choice really although I would expect Martin Ling to also get involved. The problem is Matt H is the first team coach but his coaching hasn't translated into success recently. The question is, has Matt had different views to KJ and JG on what to do to improve the situation but been overrode or have they all been singing from the same hymn sheet. Hopefully Brian Saah will bring something new if he hasn't been involved too much with the first team squad. Whatever I will continue to support the team. The positive is that we don't need too many points to be safe-one per match should do it from our 16 games especially as we still have a decent team and goal difference
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

With all due respect to Matt Harrold, I don't think he's the man to save us.

I hope I'm wrong
banqo
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by banqo »

Mylo Xyloto wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:07 pm games coming thick and fast. We really need to act quickly.
Don't worry, The 'Process ' will have already started 🤫
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:21 pm Nigel this is a football club ( you love) not a fast food corporation working a franchisee system. Don’t let love blur your judgement. But thanks for buying the club from that nasty previous owner.

Kent - with respect, you have loads of money and that is not a substitute for understanding football in the uk. You appear a charming family guy from a IT background - fantastic for you in making money - but Lofc is not a vehicle for your pastime and a venture capital risk project. Coming to London for working holidays and being a major shareholder does not solve or add value to lofc situation. But thanks buying the club from that nasty previous owner.

Ling - Any chance you can retire. If it revealed by anyone you are in the dug out on Saturday or sitting up stairs with a intercom to Matt the result is not going be be pretty and you will feel under emotional pressure - so best stay at home or go and watch your Sam in dagenham please.

Matt P - Can you please carry on working for our landlord singing his praise without being chair to our transfer committee.

Matt H - you seem a decent guy that likes a laugh but in your own admission you are now a coach learning - good luck

Brian S - good luck
who the f*ck are you again ?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Some twit who doesn't even go to games
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

PutneyO wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:50 pm With all due respect to Matt Harrold, I don't think he's the man to save us.

I hope I'm wrong
Its temporary.
PoundhillO
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by PoundhillO »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:40 pm
PutneyO wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:50 pm With all due respect to Matt Harrold, I don't think he's the man to save us.

I hope I'm wrong
Its temporary.
Now where Have we heard that before ?
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:34 pm Bet they get it until the end of the season after a win and a draw
At this stage who cares so long as we're not relegated .