Kenny Jackett Sacked Thread

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Re: Kenny Jackett Sacked Thread

Post by Type high »

Top of the JES wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:44 pm Darren Fergusons free....just sayin.
I like that, we can but ask?
Type high
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Type high »

Wasn't it Mat Porter that brought Russel Slade in, why not get Mat to do Martin Lings job
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Streamed the match last night, concluded that we’d nothing to lose by changing manager now (and posted same at final whistle), just felt like the time was right for do nothing and we continue the slide towards second bottom, and that isn’t acceptable. Woke up this morning and indeed KJ had gone.

I was pleased with his appointment, he’d a good track record, and to be fair the team looked good on occasions, albeit too many draws. Then the injuries hit and no doubt had an impact, but managers are paid to deal with such situations and the results/ goalscoring since the Swindon game has been dreadful.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

George M wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:01 pm We are finished as a club. No manager can turn this around quick enough. Sacking Jackett is disappointing. The injuries , Covid , the postponements.
It’s sad. We keep being told that the club is in a good position. It isn’t. It’s no better than under the Italians . We won’t get a better manager . We may get more luck.
You're sounding hysterical.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:01 pm Long as Ling has no say in any new manager, we have a chance of getting someone who will work
Ling has brought 5 out of 6 duff managers here
I expect you loved the Jackett appointment, but because it didn't work out its all Lings fault?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

PoundhillO wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm Ling must follow him out the door, that’s 5 failed Managers.
So what? Please post the stats for previous eras or other clubs.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:00 am
PoundhillO wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:24 pm Ling must follow him out the door, that’s 5 failed Managers.
Would you be happy with a striker who scores 1 goal every 6 games?
Petrov788
Fresh Alias

Post by Petrov788 »

The jan transfer window is what caused this. If we brought in some quality I would have expected Kenny to push for the playoffs.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:35 am
Orientinoz wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:32 am Seems Ling was hired based on his sentimental association with the club which Nigel, given his business acumen, should have been able to see through. This hiring has clearly failed and should be remedied asap.
I admire the ambition of the club in creating a DOF role, however, you need to appoint a professional, not someone who would struggle to run a bath. Rant over...
In Lings last interview he lied - about KJ tenure
How can any business that prides it self on being transparent accept that type of person
Prove it
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Apple Wumble wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:26 am
Long slender neck wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:00 am
Would you be happy with a striker who scores 1 goal every 6 games?
Comparing apples with oranges
redintheface
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by redintheface »

gshaw wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:37 pm Matt Harrold with Brian Saah assisting is my guess. Travis will tell is Harrold is one of our own from the title squad and Saah is really good at bringing through young talent from the academy.
Nailed it ! Embleton / McAnuff Mk2😕
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:48 am
George M wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:01 pm We are finished as a club. No manager can turn this around quick enough. Sacking Jackett is disappointing. The injuries , Covid , the postponements.
It’s sad. We keep being told that the club is in a good position. It isn’t. It’s no better than under the Italians . We won’t get a better manager . We may get more luck.
I recognise your failed attempt at humour.

Repeatedly sacking managers has never been the key to success at any level. I was disappointed last night. It will take weeks for a new manager to turn our fortunes. We haven’t got weeks.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

George M wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:55 am

Repeatedly sacking managers has never been the key to success at any level. I was disappointed last night. It will take weeks for a new manager to turn our fortunes. We haven’t got weeks.
Yes it has, explain Watford then. Every club will sack their manager if they're not meeting expectations.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

We don’t know that Kenny didn’t offer his resignation.

He may have got wind of other opportunities.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:11 am
Long slender neck wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:39 am
Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:35 am

In Lings last interview he lied - about KJ tenure
How can any business that prides it self on being transparent accept that type of person
Prove it
The evidence is Lings specific and precise words on the recording.
I could re listen to the interview and inform you the exact time.
You will just have to accept the words are a lie based on KJ being removed last night.

Basically Ling in his explanation he stated KJ had not been given two matches or very similar words regarding KJ projected duration in the job.

That as it transpired was an untruthful statement or in simple English a LIE.

Ling may of been a higher grade footballer compared to me but my hearing and memory retention is certainly of a higher grade than Lings ability to be be consistent on answers and actions in his revered DOF role- based in that evidence.
I'm not sure what you're saying he's lied about. The sacking is not purely down to him, no timescale was promised.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:15 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:10 pm Andy Woodman can turn it around
Did it in the PL with a sh*te Newcastle team
With Pardew
Punching way above at Bromley .

Has humour & a relaxed style .
Get him in here now
I think humour may help - if that is an attribute for a manager to get the round ball in the net occasionally.
Don’t let ling do anything with whoever it is please
As horrible a club as Bromley are, I don't think this is the worst suggestion in the world. He's quite a likable guy, but has steel behind him based on the interview regarding Notts County the other day on BT.
NavarinO
Fresh Alias

Post by NavarinO »

I can't believe that a manager with Jackett's experience was so dreadful, there must be much more to it than meets the eye
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Do you honestly expect Ling to say that Jackett had two games to turn it around? Or not. He can’t make comments on it and it’s a ridiculous question to ask. How can he answer it, and of course I doubt he would know the answer anyway. That’s a board decision not Ling’s.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Long slender neck wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:06 am

Yes it has, explain Watford then. Every club will sack their manager if they're not meeting expectations.
Watford are fighting relegation.
We must have had a dozen or so managers in the last 6/7 seasons. How has that worked out
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Ling can’t answer it. He shouldn’t have been asked. He can’t say yes, KJ was contracted. I repeat it’s a ridiculous question. You really expect him to tell you the answer.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

George M wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:48 am
Long slender neck wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:06 am

Watford are fighting relegation.
We must have had a dozen or so managers in the last 6/7 seasons. How has that worked out
They're in the PL and managed to stay there for sometime.

We won the NL and went to Wembley.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:53 am
DrWindy wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:50 am Ling can’t answer it. He shouldn’t have been asked. He can’t say yes, KJ was contracted. I repeat it’s a ridiculous question. You really expect him to tell you the answer.
Listen to the interview you will hear yourself the question the answer and the context of the general conversation at that point.
I think the point he was making is KJ cant go on with this terrible form forever.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Do you recall when Becehetti gave Russ a win or be sacked ultimatum. I think every O’s fan shuddered. It’s not on. I have not listened to it but I just don’t know how you expect Ling to answer it. It’s something he shouldn’t have been asked.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:59 am
Long slender neck wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:54 am
Anthem of Hope wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:53 am

Listen to the interview you will hear yourself the question the answer and the context of the general conversation at that point.
I think the point he was making is KJ cant go on with this terrible form forever.
Yes he did imply that and I agree no manager can stay in a job if they lose every week
However it’s the divergence to what he said about they would not give KJ two games - and then they sack him
I expect Ling got an order from above to sack him. KJ had ample time to improve.
Qin
Fresh Alias

Post by Qin »

I dont think Kenny can call himself hard done by. The facts speak for themselves. Under him, the team won 2 points out of a possible 30. In recent weeks he looked panicky, chopping and changing formations and personal, as if he was bereft of ideas and just hoping by luck, something would work out for him.
Shame because he came with a great record, but it all went wrong in December.

I'm very unhappy about Martin Lings role in all this as well. I dont think Ling is a very nice man TBH, and I dont think he's entirely truthful either, and is a toxic presence about the place. The episode with Fletcher, was a disgrace IMO. I would love to know what Kenny really thinks of Ling now .

We need a few points on the board now, and someones got to take hold of this squad and get those points, and I'm not sure who will even want to come and work for the club now