Poll: Sack Jackett?

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Should Jackett be sacked?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 91

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Poll: Sack Jackett?

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:45 pm
faith1234 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:26 pm Ross would be great but he already has a company which gives advice to clubs and managers why would he come out of that to manage us
Is the advice "Don't hire me"?
Savage.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I would give him 3 more games. If we don't take at least 4 points from them I'm afraid it's goodnight Vienna.

The current crisis is relegation material.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:31 pm
Scuba Diver wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:09 pm
Still's Carenae wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:43 pm Just remember what happened after Russell Slade had 3 points after 10 games at the start of the 11-12 season. All were baying for his blood. Hearn ignored the supporters fortunately.

Things are improving, game by game. Once we start scoring, results will change.

One other point, Nigel said that in the NFL they had worked out statistically that if a manager has a bad patch, but is allowed to continue in the position, the results over the long run are better than chopping and changing.
This.
IIRC; we only just stayed up on the last or penultimate game of that season, by beating Wycombe 2-0, with Ryan Jarvis and a worldie from a certain Moses Odubajo to announce his entrance
Within 18 months we were top of League 1
To be pedantic wasn’t the Moses goal against Rochdale in the season after that Wycombe game? From memory maybe Mcgleish got the other goal in that game?
We lost away at Wycombe in the February (2012). 4-0 down at half time (with Rachubka letting an average effort through his hands too easily) and eventually losing 4-2. The Odubajo goal was against Rochdale in the last game of the same season when we were already safe.
Chelmsford Swimmer
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chelmsford Swimmer »

Orient till I die M wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:08 pm We are doomed under jackett, we can’t score which means we won’t win games which means national league football.
9th highest scorers in the division.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

1 goal in over 14 hours of football

Would take interim Jobi over this
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

I would give him 3 more games. If we don't take at least 4 points from them I'm afraid it's goodnight Vienna.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

This board 65 votes
Mungos 10 ,
Says it all about the 2 fan forums !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

This is a Far Better Board
Discussion is allowed

It's a 1 man 1 party regime over there !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Balderdash

You lot binned off someone thinking he was from here .
Poppycock !
😂😂
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

sack the manager get someone Else in, does no good sack him, get someone Else in.
this is Orient, been the same for donkeys years.
get used to it. :roll:
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

From 1881 - 2014 including Russell Slade
Leyton Orient have had 30 managers
Including once with Joint managers

Since 2014 Leyton Orient have had 15 managers

Nuge twice being caretaker In his time

In 8 years we have been through
Half of the other 130+ years

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.s ... s=managers

Time to build properly
Whether that is Kenny or not
The next needs a long term goal.
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

We can’t carry on losing and not even scoring. Sooner or later somebody will have to bite the bullet if things don’t improve sharpish . I was one of those fans who was delighted when we hired Kenny but 33 points are not enough to survive.
Scuba Diver
Fresh Alias

Post by Scuba Diver »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:59 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:31 pm
Scuba Diver wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:09 pm

This.
IIRC; we only just stayed up on the last or penultimate game of that season, by beating Wycombe 2-0, with Ryan Jarvis and a worldie from a certain Moses Odubajo to announce his entrance
Within 18 months we were top of League 1
To be pedantic wasn’t the Moses goal against Rochdale in the season after that Wycombe game? From memory maybe Mcgleish got the other goal in that game?
We lost away at Wycombe in the February (2012). 4-0 down at half time (with Rachubka letting an average effort through his hands too easily) and eventually losing 4-2. The Odubajo goal was against Rochdale in the last game of the same season when we were already safe.
Indeed guys, and good shouts - my mistake.
The onset of old age taking shape on my part, clearly....;-)
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Is Jacket good enough,no. A manager/coaches job is to get the best out of his players,to motivate,to know what formation to use with the players available,is he doing this,no. Was there really a lot of money available in the last window,no. If the club was going down the youth road(build for the future route) then if they were so promising then why not tie them down to longer contracts,they didn’t,why sign a youngster who was disregarded at the beginning of the season, deemed not good enough then,why now? Does Ling know how to pick a manager,no never in a million years. What to do now,get rid of Jacket he’s loosing the dressing room and doesn’t know the modern game and put Gallen in as caretaker until the end of the season and hope they can avoid the drop🤞At the end of the season get rid of Ling and Jacket if he hasn’t gone already.Approach either Dave Challenor or Derek Adams if they are available, to manage the club,save what little money that’s available and go out and get two of the best CM midfielders that we can afford . If they don’t do this and are lucky to avoid relegation then next season they will definitely go back down.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

The O's? More like the 0's

AmIRite?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:14 am Is Jacket good enough,no. A manager/coaches job is to get the best out of his players,to motivate,to know what formation to use with the players available,is he doing this,no. Was there really a lot of money available in the last window,no. If the club was going down the youth road(build for the future route) then if they were so promising then why not tie them down to longer contracts,they didn’t,why sign a youngster who was disregarded at the beginning of the season, deemed not good enough then,why now? Does Ling know how to pick a manager,no never in a million years. What to do now,get rid of Jacket he’s loosing the dressing room and doesn’t know the modern game and put Gallen in as caretaker until the end of the season and hope they can avoid the drop🤞At the end of the season get rid of Ling and Jacket if he hasn’t gone already.Approach either Dave Challenor or Derek Adams if they are available, to manage the club,save what little money that’s available and go out and get two of the best CM midfielders that we can afford . If they don’t do this and are lucky to avoid relegation then next season they will definitely go back down.
Jacketts teams historically
Have been teams who score 1st,
They struggle if they don't.

Talk of Losing a dressing room is Journalist talk
Because they don't understand Football & it sounds good .
It's a pathetic statement, please stop using it .

If Jackett goes Gallen will follow .
He won't stay without KJ

Challinor WILL NOT come here
His Heart is at Stockport & there owner is richer than Kent & Nigel.

Get 2 of the best midfielders we can afford?
On our budget ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jack
Fresh Alias

Post by Jack »

It's not Kennys fault if Drinian is missing chance after chance, game after game, is it?
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

All strikers miss chances, but we rely on them putting the odd one away. That’s not happening now. Drinan had perhaps two good chances yesterday, and we created little else. The whole team looks wrong, aimless and thoroughly off-sorts. Jackett doesn’t seem to be able to work out why, or how to change it. I’ve no idea why - you’d have thought a manager of his experience should be able to get this lot going. We were scoring for fun at one point, so what’s gone wrong?

We’re getting close to the point where if we don’t stop the rot then we’ll be in real trouble. We’re in freefall right now, no sign of a goal, let alone a win, 7 points off 23rd place and we’re now in mid-February with 7 wins all season, and I can’t remember the last time we had so few wins at this point of any season. How long do we give Jackett to turn things around? Our next three games are Harrogate, Bristol Rovers and Carlisle. On current form we might get 1 point from that lot. The last two games are at home; lose those and the natives will be very restless.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Anthem of Hope wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:49 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:14 am Is Jacket good enough,no. A manager/coaches job is to get the best out of his players,to motivate,to know what formation to use with the players available,is he doing this,no. Was there really a lot of money available in the last window,no. If the club was going down the youth road(build for the future route) then if they were so promising then why not tie them down to longer contracts,they didn’t,why sign a youngster who was disregarded at the beginning of the season, deemed not good enough then,why now? Does Ling know how to pick a manager,no never in a million years. What to do now,get rid of Jacket he’s loosing the dressing room and doesn’t know the modern game and put Gallen in as caretaker until the end of the season and hope they can avoid the drop🤞At the end of the season get rid of Ling and Jacket if he hasn’t gone already.Approach either Dave Challenor or Derek Adams if they are available, to manage the club,save what little money that’s available and go out and get two of the best CM midfielders that we can afford . If they don’t do this and are lucky to avoid relegation then next season they will definitely go back down.
I assume you don’t rate Ling or Jackett

Why would Gallen a loyal assistant over more than a decade wish to stay at club that dismissed the manager, a trust work colleague and a friend - would you ? I would not be agreeable to that.

I know the situation is very unusual because one would expect other teams to make the occasional mistake in defence which would lead to orient scoring but even that has not occurred.

I really am perplexed at the situation but I guess when the club and Kenny took their wedding vowels a few months ago - no one would anticipate an early divorce and on that front I would get both parties to seek conciliation and establish what actually is going wrong - injury aside.

Much more economically viable than instigating a divorce. Particularly when the chairman has publicly stated so clearly they like Kenny as most of us do to.

Marriage is the rough and the smooth whatever has occurred.
1)Gallen would take up the challenge,why,because it’s a chance to manage a league club(hopefully 🤞)and he’s a younger man with fresh ideas of his own.2) Jacket is coming to the end of his career in football management and after this I will be surprised if anyone is fool enough to employ him? 3)At this point in the season I don’t think there will be many takers that are credible for the job,plus Gallen is already on the payroll so the club wouldn’t have another salary to pay out.4) he knows (hopefully) how to work with Ling.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Stowaway wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:07 am All strikers miss chances, but we rely on them putting the odd one away. That’s not happening now. Drinan had perhaps two good chances yesterday, and we created little else. The whole team looks wrong, aimless and thoroughly off-sorts. Jackett doesn’t seem to be able to work out why, or how to change it. I’ve no idea why - you’d have thought a manager of his experience should be able to get this lot going. We were scoring for fun at one point, so what’s gone wrong?
James, Smyth and Archibald are 3 massive losses. As is Clays work rate, to be fair.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

As someone else alluded to, I would love to see how a poll would pan out on Ling..
Highwood Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Highwood Man »

Two draws from our last ten games, and two goals, one of which was an own goal from the opposition keeper. I'm not sure that many clubs would be keeping their manager after a run like that.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:17 am
Anthem of Hope wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:49 am
I assume you don’t rate Ling or Jackett

Why would Gallen a loyal assistant over more than a decade wish to stay at club that dismissed the manager, a trust work colleague and a friend - would you ? I would not be agreeable to that.

I know the situation is very unusual because one would expect other teams to make the occasional mistake in defence which would lead to orient scoring but even that has not occurred.

I really am perplexed at the situation but I guess when the club and Kenny took their wedding vowels a few months ago - no one would anticipate an early divorce and on that front I would get both parties to seek conciliation and establish what actually is going wrong - injury aside.

Much more economically viable than instigating a divorce. Particularly when the chairman has publicly stated so clearly they like Kenny as most of us do to.

Marriage is the rough and the smooth whatever has occurred.
1)Gallen would take up the challenge,why,because it’s a chance to manage a league club(hopefully 🤞)and he’s a younger man with fresh ideas of his own.2) Jacket is coming to the end of his career in football management and after this I will be surprised if anyone is fool enough to employ him? 3)At this point in the season I don’t think there will be many takers that are credible for the job,plus Gallen is already on the payroll so the club wouldn’t have another salary to pay out.4) he knows (hopefully) how to work with Ling.
What makes you think Gallen wants to be a manager ?

If he'd wanted that he'd already be doing it !
Demarco
Fresh Alias

Post by Demarco »

Probably the majority of the support wanted KJ in as first choice when Dross Embleton and the Jobi era came to an end.
Careful what you wish for guys, we could end up with Pratley as player Manager!!! Then you will be moaning even more.

FOR: Give the guy a break, we're either sh/t hot or totally sh/t......... the form may return
Season over really but give him another year to build.

AGAINST: However, all this talk of Sotiriou, well he is NOT the answer but it would be nice to give the kid a run of games especially as Smith & Drinan have gone on strike.
Club kit wearing - I firmly believe there is something more to this than we're led to believe.

Personally I think he'll be off at the end of the season.
Which is....
UNACCEPTABLE
Qin
Fresh Alias

Post by Qin »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:24 am As someone else alluded to, I would love to see how a poll would pan out on Ling..
Make a poll on Ling, then youll find out