Club announcement re Racist comments

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Club announcement re Racist comments

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Admin wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:15 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:11 pm
Admin wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:09 pm I'm sort of at a loss as to what the club should have done differently.

They've clearly got to act on an allegation of this nature and decided to suspend attendance whilst an investigation is ongoing. As soon as that investigation has confirmed there's no charges, they've reinstated his season ticket. Not sure why the club would allow someone to continue attending whilst an investigation is ongoing.

Col U we're straight out of the blocks condemning what had allegedly happened. For Orient to act any differently in response would look pretty poor.
He wants his superfan ego massaged by the club
I think you're experienced in this sort of thing than I am Pammy having worked for the police (apols if i'm mistaken) - why would the police even bother to interview him if the player's statement confirms no racist incident took place?
Car park security is not under the Mets jurisdiction.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Good to see that one cleared up. We can all move on now including OFF who needs to adjust his behaviour.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Give it to Jabo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:24 pm What a sorry state of affairs - from beginning to end. Who emerges with any credit?
Clubs - No.
The player concerned - No.
Matt R***r - if anybody does. (At least he puts his heart and soul into supporting the Club!)
That's right, it's only passion..
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:19 pm

I think you're experienced in this sort of thing than I am Pammy having worked for the police (apols if i'm mistaken) - why would the police even bother to interview him if the player's statement confirms no racist incident took place?
Car park security is not under the Mets jurisdiction.
Good to hear. A lot of scope there for backhanders in a cash business in the eternal fight for a parking space.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Admin wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:09 pm I'm sort of at a loss as to what the club should have done differently.

They've clearly got to act on an allegation of this nature and decided to suspend attendance whilst an investigation is ongoing. As soon as that investigation has confirmed there's no charges, they've reinstated his season ticket. Not sure why the club would allow someone to continue attending whilst an investigation is ongoing.

Col U we're straight out of the blocks condemning what had allegedly happened. For Orient to act any differently in response would look pretty poor.
I'm a manager of a multi-storey car park so don't take anything I say as speaking from experience.

I also wouldn't like to second guess anything based on having no facts in front of me and only the suspects point of view.

On a more general point, there's multiple public order offences under the same act he was arrested for, but they're not generally enforced at football for some reason.

Does strike me odd that people (again generally not OFF specific) can run up to an oppositions bench and scream "fu*k off you fat ugly cu*t" or similar to their face and it's just deemed part and parcel of a matchday whereas if it was in pretty much any other public setting it'd be viewed differently.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

The use of comic sans has gotten to me.

Tbf to the bloke, a lot of what he writes is true. But the constant abuse of the opposition bench has to stop. Hopefully he’s realised this and he can continue to support his club in a more mature way.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:36 pm

I'm a manager of a multi-storey car park so don't take anything I say as speaking from experience.

I also wouldn't like to second guess anything based on having no facts in front of me and only the suspects point of view.

On a more general point, there's multiple public order offences under the same act he was arrested for, but they're not generally enforced at football for some reason.

Does strike me odd that people (again generally not OFF specific) can run up to an oppositions bench and scream "fu*k off you fat ugly cu*t" or similar to their face and it's just deemed part and parcel of a matchday whereas if it was in pretty much any other public setting it'd be viewed differently.
Apols Pam. For some unknown reason I had you filed under "plod". No idea why that was now.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:40 pm The use of comic sans has gotten to me.

Tbf to the bloke, a lot of what he writes is true. But the constant abuse of the opposition bench has to stop. Hopefully he’s realised this and he can continue to support his club in a more mature way.
I can remember away games 25 years ago when he was doing exactly the same, always drawing an embarrassed ‘ Matthew, sit down!’ from his dad.

He will not stop. He will never learn. It should be pretty obvious he’s not capable of any internal reflection, just his comments today.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

This is f*cking awesome!
NavarinO
Fresh Alias

Post by NavarinO »

Apple Wumble wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:40 pm The use of comic sans has gotten to me.

That's patronising to the point of being offensive
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

NavarinO wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:56 pm

Come on fella, comic sans deserves all the hate it gets.
StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

f*** me that's a lot of words. At least we know how he passed away the long hours in the cells.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:13 pm In his mind, he thinks his SuperFan status means the club should have backed him unequivocally and known he couldn’t possibly be guilty of dishing out racist abuse to an opposition player (despite his history of dishing out homophobic abuse to homosexual Orient fans like CEB on the inter web and despite his history of dishing out non specific abuse to opposition players and staff in person).
I think this is it. Because he has got away with so much for so long he's struggling with the fact that the club treated him in the same way as a normal punter who is accountable for their actions rather than as the superfan he thinks he is.

He always had "fame" and people pandering to him as fanzine editor, founder of a pointless campaign and crap facebook group with his flock, LOFFT responsibilities etc. He couldn't accept being challenged on past messageboards, blamed everyone but himself and could comfort his ego with his involvement in the aforementioned. But now the club see him as a liability he cannot brush that off in the same way or put it down to "the usual suspects". And that has clearly hurt him a lot.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:16 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:13 pm In his mind, he thinks his SuperFan status means the club should have backed him unequivocally and known he couldn’t possibly be guilty of dishing out racist abuse to an opposition player (despite his history of dishing out homophobic abuse to homosexual Orient fans like CEB on the inter web and despite his history of dishing out non specific abuse to opposition players and staff in person).
I think this is it. Because he has got away with so much for so long he's struggling with the fact that the club treated him in the same way as a normal punter who is accountable for their actions rather than as the superfan he thinks he is.

He always had "fame" and people pandering to him as fanzine editor, founder of a pointless campaign and crap facebook group with his flock, LOFFT responsibilities etc. He couldn't accept being challenged on past messageboards, blamed everyone but himself and could comfort his ego with his involvement in the aforementioned. But now the club see him as a liability he cannot brush that off in the same way or put it down to "the usual suspects". And that has clearly hurt him a lot.
Its not only hurt him but his old mans ashes are spinning in their shallow grave under the Brisbane Road pitch. That is how bad it is.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:26 pm

Its not only hurt him but his old mans ashes are spinning in their shallow grave under the Brisbane Road pitch. That is how bad it is.
Unnecessary.
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

Admin wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:42 pm Reproduced from STUFO

Off1.jpg
Off2.jpg
Off3.jpg

I've only read it quickly but is he saying the player involved has made 3 allegations this season?

Also don't get the bit about Col U not backing their player - I thought they were first out of the blocks condemning what had allegedly happened?
3 allegations by Colchester. He is on loan from AFC Wimbledon
Lifelongfan
Fresh Alias

Post by Lifelongfan »

I suspect OFF will be on his best behaviour tomorrow. What abuse did he dish out though?
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:40 pm
Max B Gold wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:26 pm

Unnecessary.
He said it. Not me. Read his epic tome to justice for yourself.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

NavarinO wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:56 pm

True doe
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

If one was going to do a parody of an OFF article, that wording - and font - would be a great template…
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

A blast some the past, to lighten the mood
BEEA5FAA-A242-4204-9559-9D2ED8F3AFC3.jpeg
BEEA5FAA-A242-4204-9559-9D2ED8F3AFC3.jpeg (121.49 KiB) Viewed 460 times
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

slacker wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:38 pm A blast some the past, to lighten the mood

You are the OFF was a genuine classic. Had forgotten about him throwing his crutches at a game too. Just the sort of behaviour he deems acceptable.

Don't suppose you have "I love fishing" or OFF being spooned by Karren Brady?
slacker
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by slacker »

63CA50BB-0392-4317-B867-FBBEC62E55FD.jpeg
63CA50BB-0392-4317-B867-FBBEC62E55FD.jpeg (72.88 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Not got the fishing one, I’m afraid.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

slacker wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:38 pm A blast some the past, to lighten the mood

This is, by a considerable measure, the greatest thing that has ever been posted on the internetz.
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

In light of all this, we shouldn’t lose sight of the simple fact that Matt R***r is a truly stratospheric dickhead of the highest order and shouldn’t be allowed within 5 miles of Brissy. Seriously, he’s a weapons grade embarrassment to the club and the sooner he’s f*cked off, the better.