Russia / Ukraine Watch

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular
Awards: Colossal berk

Re: Russia / Ukraine Watch

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

The UK threatening Russia is pathetic.
It's like in the school playground, when the little weedy kid, threatens the big kid, because he's best mate is the biggest kid, who will come to his aid, in the event of trouble.
Russia could destroy the UK in minutes if it so desired
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I’ve not really been following this in the news - I come here to read dunnem for my global affairs updates - but I caught something on the tele the other day where people inUkrai e were being interviewed and they weren’t worried at all, and were wondering what all the fuss was about.

It’s almost as if we’re stoking all this up to take attention away from matters closer to home, or something.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

You can always rely on the tankies to show up in the comments
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:12 pm The UK threatening Russia is pathetic.
It's like in the school playground, when the little weedy kid, threatens the big kid, because he's best mate is the biggest kid, who will come to his aid, in the event of trouble.
Russia could destroy the UK in minutes if it so desired
While that's true we also have nuclear weapons and can inflict great damage on Russia . Please God it never comes to that because there won't be any winners , just losers.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:18 pm I’ve not really been following this in the news - I come here to read dunnem for my global affairs updates - but I caught something on the tele the other day where people inUkrai e were being interviewed and they weren’t worried at all, and were wondering what all the fuss was about.

It’s almost as if we’re stoking all this up to take attention away from matters closer to home, or something.
I too come here to read dunnems analysis of global affairs, with special emphasis on China, but obviously I don't expect to read about Anglo Sino relations on a thread about the Ukraine and the big bullies from Russia.

Do you think this sabre rattling has anything to do with the hike in global energy prices especially gas?
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

Whoah! The geopolitical heavyweights are entering the discussion now.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Real Al wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:12 pm Russia currently mocking Liz Truss for not knowing the difference between Baltic and Black Sea.

If it's her and Johnson trying to prevent war, we'd be better off buying a fallout shelter for the garden
The Germans sent 5000 helmets to help defend against the Russians, we just sent the two.

(https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... in-ukraine)
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

That's just what the Ukrainians need, a load of German helmets, while they are about it why don't they give them about 2,000 MG42s,
a division of Tiger Tanks and a squadron of Junkers 87 dive bombers. Frighten the sh*t out of the Russians.
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

Dunners wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:21 pm Whoah! The geopolitical heavyweights are entering the discussion now.
Yes, it’s relentless. 🤷‍♂️
StockholmO
Fresh Alias

Post by StockholmO »

Chicken Dhansak wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:30 pm That's just what the Ukrainians need, a load of German helmets, while they are about it why don't they give them about 2,000 MG42s,
a division of Tiger Tanks and a squadron of Junkers 87 dive bombers. Frighten the sh*t out of the Russians.

It’s partly because Germany is more reliant on Russian gas than most European countries but Germany has a long recent history of avoiding armed conflict due to its history and it is particularly wary of getting involved with anything against Russia. RAF and American planes are even barred from flying over Germany if carrying ‘lethal aid’.

Agree though, it does make the Germans look like sausage eating surrender monkeys.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Max B Gold wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:01 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:18 pm I’ve not really been following this in the news - I come here to read dunnem for my global affairs updates - but I caught something on the tele the other day where people inUkrai e were being interviewed and they weren’t worried at all, and were wondering what all the fuss was about.

I too come here to read dunnems analysis of global affairs, with special emphasis on China, but obviously I don't expect to read about Anglo Sino relations on a thread about the Ukraine and the big bullies from Russia.

Do you think this sabre rattling has anything to do with the hike in global energy prices especially gas?
I’ve no idea, I’m waiting for the next instalment from Dunnem.

But it seems strange Boris has stepped up to the plate as The Face of NATO and all the other countries leaders - the ones not under huge pressure at home - haven’t.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

faldO wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:22 pm
Real Al wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:12 pm Russia currently mocking Liz Truss for not knowing the difference between Baltic and Black Sea.

If it's her and Johnson trying to prevent war, we'd be better off buying a fallout shelter for the garden
The Germans sent 5000 helmets to help defend against the Russians, we just sent the two.

(https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... in-ukraine)
Imagine sending all those helmets and no broomsticks . Where’s Ursula Von Der Leyden when you need her .
Clive Evans
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Clive Evans »

Russians.jpg
Russians.jpg (106.02 KiB) Viewed 487 times
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Clive Evans wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:25 pm Russians.jpg
Looks like the Island of Britain & "The Six Counties !
Chicken Dhansak
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Chicken Dhansak »

StockholmO wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:22 pm
Chicken Dhansak wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:30 pm That's just what the Ukrainians need, a load of German helmets, while they are about it why don't they give them about 2,000 MG42s,
Agree though, it does make the Germans look like sausage eating surrender monkeys.
:lol: :lol: :lol: What a great line Stocky, made me laugh.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

NATO has given the Ukrainians thousands of weapons of various types, because of a potential attack by Russia.
Just say Russia gave Cuba the same number of weapons to point at America, or say gave Venezuela the same number of weapons to point at America.
America and Britain would go apeshit. The Western media would be going mad.
What's the difference?
Mistadobalina
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Mistadobalina »

Russia have annexed Ukrainian land in the last decade and have 100k troops on their border, whilst their leader talks up ahistoric nonsense about how Ukraine has always just been an extension of the Russian people.

But yeah they're all the same.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:29 pm NATO has given the Ukrainians thousands of weapons of various types, because of a potential attack by Russia.
Just say Russia gave Cuba the same number of weapons to point at America, or say gave Venezuela the same number of weapons to point at America.
What's the difference?
Why don't you live in Russia?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Mistadobalina wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:01 pm Russia have annexed Ukrainian land in the last decade and have 100k troops on their border, whilst their leader talks up ahistoric nonsense about how Ukraine has always just been an extension of the Russian people.

But yeah they're all the same.
Wasn't that British land once ?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

It's nothing mate. According to be the cranks above, it's all just to divert attention from Boris's problems at home.
ComeOnYouOs
Regular
Regular

Post by ComeOnYouOs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:06 pm
ComeOnYouOs wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:29 pm NATO has given the Ukrainians thousands of weapons of various types, because of a potential attack by Russia.
What's the difference?
Why don't you live in Russia?
You really are a shallow individual. Can't you even try to see the other point of view?
Why don't you live in Russia, is an incredibly childish response, but then I suppose if I'm honest, i expect such a response from you
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

You keep posting nonsensical pro Russia views.
Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

The likes of him, 160 and Ronnie always seem to have the same takes on things.
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Dunners wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:11 am The likes of him, 160 and Ronnie always seem to have the same takes on things.
Could there be something more to this?