Ratings.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Ratings.

Post by Beradogs »

Some easily pleased individuals on here tonight but I guess recent performances does that to a man (or women). Another game where we barely mustered a shot and once Bradford realised we were as bad as advertised there was only one winner.

Vigouroux. 6. Kicking and distribution better. No shots to save.
Khan. 4.5. Looked uncomfortable all night. Gave the ball away on multiple occasions.
Mitchell. 7.5. MOM. Second game running as MOM for me as he got in the way of everything.
Beccles. 6. Solid if unspectacular.
Happe. 6. Played pretty well. Can welly it a long way which helps when under pressure.
Archibald. 5.5. Managed a couple of crosses today which is two more than the last few games.
Coleman. 5. Started quietly and by the end had completely disappeared. Like that….. he was gone.
Hector. 5. Doesn’t shoot, can’t run with the ball, no physical presence. Can play the odd short pass. Management still pick him and folks on here defend him so he must do something right.
Pratley. 6.5. Good goal and better than he has been lately. Some strong tackles.
Smith. 5.5. Oh Harry. Harry, Harry, Harry. Did win a couple of duals today but for a man his size nowhere near enough. Never looked like scoring.
Drinnan. 5.5. See Smith for never looking like scoring. In his defence, ran the channels well.

Jacket. 5.5. What shape was that? 3 1 4 2? Anyway, had them up for it for a change. Just struggling for any quality. Watching us is really depressing.

Bradford. 5. Crowd got on their back and no confidence but only one winner by the end.

Ref. 5.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Re: Ratings.

Post by jamespevans »

Even though we played well tonight we currently look like a mid-table L2 side, which of course is what we are. Couldn't see us scoring until Pratley's well taken goal and when Adams went with five strikers we were panicking, so there was an inevitability about the equaliser even if it was a deflection.

Vigoroux - 7 - only had to make a couple of easy saves and was unlucky with the goal
Happe - 7 - looked back to his best and adapted well to the LB role
Beckles - 5.5 - bit iffy all night except when he was in their box
Mitchell - 6.5 - solid as ever
Khan - 7.5 - MoM, used his pace intelligently at the back and was always willing to get forward. Would like to see him playing behind the front two
Archibald - 6 - only showed glimpses of what he is capable of
Coleman - 7 - contender for MoM, sat in front of the defence and did the dirty work
Kyprianou - 6 - struggled in a crowded midfield where he wasn't given time to pick out passes
Pratley - 7 - ran all day and surprised me in his advanced role, occasionally running beyond the front two
Smith - 6 - don't recall a shot or header on goal
Drinnan - 6 - spent part of the game wide on the right which didn't suit him. Like Smith, doesn't look to have a goal in him at the moment
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Can’t argue with the ratings
Completely agree with Hector
Need to work on how we get Khan & Theo more involved higher up the pitch and also on set pieces for Sat.

One line summed it up in your post summed it up…
Watching us is really depressing.
Last edited by Stan1972 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Marks too high for me and Khan MOM? Seriously? That’s why football is such a game of opinions.
MrB
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by MrB »

Contrasting ratings..Just shows how people see games differently
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

So what is it? One says Kahn was uncomfortable all night, 4.5,and the other says 7.5,man of the match! 😁
Stan1972
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stan1972 »

Khan played to deep and couldn't affect the game, 4.5-5.0 is a fair rating
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Far better performance tonight, players looked like they believed we could win, although Bradford probably deserved a draw.
Neither team is good enough to go up and will both probably end up mid table.
I think that Khan was one of our better players, just my opinion of course, but up front again we didn’t look like scoring despite more crosses going in than in recent games.

Nouble isn’t available until next Tuesday but Harry Smith could easily be replaced then as neither he or Drinan did much tonight.
Having said that, we still don’t have that creative passer in midfield to open up defences and make chances for our front two.

Bradford played some nice passing football at times and could easily have scored before they did with a couple of headers when our marking was poor.
jamespevans
Fresh Alias

Post by jamespevans »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:33 pm So what is it? One says Kahn was uncomfortable all night, 4.5,and the other says 7.5,man of the match! 😁
We played a flat back four and Khan was getting crosses in, something Archibald struggled to do all night. When they overloaded us on their left it was always Khan's pace and composure that got us out of trouble. In the last 10 minutes he was the only one of the back four looking to pick out a pass, rather than lumping it. I stand by my ratings for Khan and Coleman (Gannon praised Coleman in his post-match interview so we must both be wrong).
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Vigs 6

Khan 7 wasted at full back

Mitchell 7

Beckles 6

Happe 6. Ever a left back but done ok

Hector 6

Brown/Coleman 6

Pratley 7 MOTM

Drinnan 6 great work rate when without the ball

Smith 5

Archibald 6 same as Drinnan for work rate

They worked hard, looked more organised but no flair and so dull to watch.
RBMarshall
Fresh Alias

Post by RBMarshall »

jamespevans wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:27 pm Even though we played well tonight we currently look like a mid-table L2 side, which of course is what we are. Couldn't see us scoring until Pratley's well taken goal and when Adams went with five strikers we were panicking, so there was an inevitability about the equaliser even if it was a deflection.

Vigoroux - 7 - only had to make a couple of easy saves and was unlucky with the goal
Khan - 7.5 - MoM, used his pace intelligently at the back and was always willing to get forward. Would like to see him playing behind the front two
Coleman - 7 - contender for MoM, sat in front of the defence and did the dirty work
Kyprianou - 6 - struggled in a crowded midfield where he wasn't given time to pick out passes
Pratley - 7 - ran all day and surprised me in his advanced role, occasionally running beyond the front two
Drinnan - 6 - spent part of the game wide on the right which didn't suit him. Like Smith, doesn't look to have a goal in him at the moment
I usually agree with Beradogs ratings but I feel these are much more accurate of tonight's game.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Chief crazy horse wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:33 pm So what is it? One says Kahn was uncomfortable all night, 4.5,and the other says 7.5,man of the match! 😁
Exactly . I didn’t see the game tonight so I’m only going by the boarders ratings . I now don’t know whether Khan and Coleman had a good game or not . James has Coleman down as contender for MOTM and Bera reckons he completely disappeared. I’m looking forward to Saturday so I can judge these players for myself
Last edited by RedDwarf 1881 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:37 pm Far better performance tonight, players looked like they believed we could win, although Bradford probably deserved a draw.
Neither team is good enough to go up and will both probably end up mid table.
I think that Khan was one of our better players, just my opinion of course, but up front again we didn’t look like scoring despite more crosses going in than in recent games.

Nouble isn’t available until next Tuesday but Harry Smith could easily be replaced then as neither he or Drinan did much tonight.
Having said that, we still don’t have that creative passer in midfield to open up defences and make chances for our front two.

Bradford played some nice passing football at times and could easily have scored before they did with a couple of headers when our marking was poor.
I’m not saying that the players we signed are bad players but that’s why I was so disappointed with our transfer business. I consider it a missed opportunity to bring in that creative midfielder we needed. Oh well, we might sign one during the Summer in time for next season
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

RBMarshall wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:22 pm
jamespevans wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:27 pm Even though we played well tonight we currently look like a mid-table L2 side, which of course is what we are. Couldn't see us scoring until Pratley's well taken goal and when Adams went with five strikers we were panicking, so there was an inevitability about the equaliser even if it was a deflection.

I usually agree with Beradogs ratings but I feel these are much more accurate of tonight's game.
Fair enough. Sometimes you just don’t see the game as others do. Seems the consensus is we played quite well so that’s fine. Defer to pevans ratings.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

Khan and Coleman looked decent. Good signings IMO.

Theo has gone right off the boil since the first 1/3 of the season.

We r missing Clay & James soooooooooo much.
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

Was specifically looking at Coleman last night, first time I’ve seen him, for I know that the fans of King’s Lynn – Norfolk’s second team ahead of the mighty Dereham Town who are third 😊 – rated him. I think he’ll be a good signing, thought he looked pretty solid last night, sat in front of the back four, won a lot in the air, got some good tackles in, just kept the passing simple. Probably ran himself out by the end, which is understandable.

As with Brown, we haven’t signed a proven EFL experienced midfielder, but having Pratley back, with Hector too, the midfield seemed a lot more solid than it has been.
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Meet in the middle!
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I’m really struggling to differentiate between the two new midfielders, having similar numbers doesn’t help, and me being old and unable to cope with change also plays a part.

The one that played last night in the deeper role was ok, I guess. It’s not as if he did anything of note, he never took control of the game as someone In that position should but he battled away and competed all game.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:03 am
Meet in the middle!
Beras rating is probably just based on the guys name.

He was ok last night. Still don’t think he’s a full back but he’s a decent footballer and has got better game by game.
Bergen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bergen »

The Argus (Bradford): Vigouroux 6, Mitchell 7, Beckles 7, Happe 6, Khan 7, Coleman 6 (Brown 90min), Pratley 7, Archibald 7, Kyprianou 6, Drinan 6, Smith 6. Subs (not used): Moss, Sotiriou, Young, Ray, Nkrumah.
Harlow
Fresh Alias

Post by Harlow »

Why have we seemingly lost the ability to pass our way forward. Bradford did it all night although I accept the end results of our two styles was the same. Swindon and Tranmere we were awesome, where has it gone-has losing Clay and James totally disrupted us? We had one spell last night of good passing and we looked far better. Still, it was a decent point away especially with some newish players although I haven't been too impressed with Khan
Beradogs
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Beradogs »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:24 am
Meet in the middle!

He was ok last night. Still don’t think he’s a full back but he’s a decent footballer and has got better game by game.
Haha. I am calling it now. Khan will be a player that massively divides fans opinions. If you like the energiser bunny type footballer who never stops running, always seems to be near the ball and sweats his nuts off for the team every game you will love him. If the fact he is always near the ball means he falls over a lot, sprays passes all round the ground but mostly to the opposition , runs into blind alleys and is caught out of a position time after time then you will hate him. I called James a great football player from day one. James glides around the pitch. Khan picks the pitch up and offers it out.
Chief crazy horse
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Chief crazy horse »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:24 am
Meet in the middle!

Blimey, do you really believe that! (first sentence)