Kemp and Kyprianou

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Kemp and Kyprianou

Post by Thor »

I agree hector has been poor however, someone of his age needs resting now and again as they build him up to be ready to undertake the rigours of first team football. He's not been really rested much and as such is probably suffering because of it.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:26 pm I agree hector has been poor however, someone of his age needs resting now and again as they build him up to be ready to undertake the rigours of first team football. He's not been really rested much and as such is probably suffering because of it.
Of course. Pulse he’s not a CAM or whatever the modern day parlance is.
DrWindy
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by DrWindy »

Needs resting? The squad have played what, two games in six weeks. He was terrible on Saturday and was subbed very early second half. He’s 20? Been around the first team for two years? Rooney was playing for Everton at age 16. Whiteside for Man United. Bart-Williams for us.

He should have loads in the tank. At what age do we question his ability?
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

DrWindy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:34 am Needs resting? The squad have played what, two games in six weeks. He was terrible on Saturday and was subbed very early second half. He’s 20? Been around the first team for two years? Rooney was playing for Everton at age 16. Whiteside for Man United. Bart-Williams for us.

Raheem Sterling won Young Player of the Year at the age of 25 and 360-370 games in his career. I guess this is the cut off point. :shock:
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

DrWindy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:34 am Needs resting? The squad have played what, two games in six weeks. He was terrible on Saturday and was subbed very early second half. He’s 20? Been around the first team for two years? Rooney was playing for Everton at age 16. Whiteside for Man United. Bart-Williams for us.

Wasn’t he injured for a few weeks and so hasn’t really played in a couple of months?

Will take time to get up to speed.

In a decent squad, with decent CM squad depth, he’d be an asset and he will be a decent player for a league two or league one team within 2-3 years.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:00 pm

Wasn’t he injured for a few weeks and so hasn’t really played in a couple of months?

In a decent squad, with decent CM squad depth, he’d be an asset and he will be a decent player for a league two or league one team within 2-3 years.
Honestly, what are you basing that on? Decent player for a league one team within 2-3 years!? Unless you're psychic that's a ridiculous statement to make.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

PotatOhead wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:15 pm

Honestly, what are you basing that on? Decent player for a league one team within 2-3 years!? Unless you're psychic that's a ridiculous statement to make.
He's 20
Still developing physically when he starts to reach his peak (26-27) he will have enough about him to earn a wage in L1 or L2 side .
Now he really is a bit part player , if he got a run of 20 games somewhere he would develop massively .
Whether he gets that here is not going to be guaranteed.
A loan to a good national league would be OK if we had spare bodies .
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

tuffers#1 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:28 pm

He's 20
Still developing physically when he starts to reach his peak (26-27) he will have enough about him to earn a wage in L1 or L2 side .
Now he really is a bit part player , if he got a run of 20 games somewhere he would develop massively .
Whether he gets that here is not going to be guaranteed.
A loan to a good national league would be OK if we had spare bodies .
I hope you're right, would be great if he can come good. Agree, think loan best if/when we can
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

What are you basing your opinions on? It's all guesswork, to some degree.

I've seen glimpses of a real player in there and i'm conscious he's had half a season of being part of the first 11. And as we've seen - you dont need a lot about you to be a decent player in CM at this level...

Time will tell.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:39 pm

I've seen glimpses of a real player in there and i'm conscious he's had half a season of being part of the first 11. And as we've seen - you dont need a lot about you to be a decent player in CM at this level...

Time will tell.
I've seen him play quite a bit and he's always been slightly above average at best a couple of times in my opinion, most of the time I think he offers nothing at all so I've literally seen nothing to suggest he's going to come good but a lot to suggest he's not.

Of course it's all guesswork to some degree but he's already 20 not that young in football in terms of progression these days, with the rare exception of your Vardy's etc, by 20 a player who's going to make it long term in L2/1 is looking a lot better than he is now. I've seen very few glimpses of a quality player and when I have it's against poor opposition. I just don't think he does the basics well enough to suggest he's going to develop into a player worth hanging on to.

RE you dont need a lot about you to be a decent player in CM at this level that's not really the level of ambition we want to push for promotion? Vincelot/Dawson types were vastly more than decent and that's the sort of player we need in the middle to really succeed
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PotatOhead wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:23 pm

Time will tell.
I've seen him play quite a bit and he's always been slightly above average at best a couple of times in my opinion, most of the time I think he offers nothing at all so I've literally seen nothing to suggest he's going to come good but a lot to suggest he's not.

Of course it's all guesswork to some degree but he's already 20 not that young in football in terms of progression these days, with the rare exception of your Vardy's etc, by 20 a player who's going to make it long term in L2/1 is looking a lot better than he is now. I've seen very few glimpses of a quality player and when I have it's against poor opposition. I just don't think he does the basics well enough to suggest he's going to develop into a player worth hanging on to.

RE you dont need a lot about you to be a decent player in CM at this level that's not really the level of ambition we want to push for promotion? Vincelot/Dawson types were vastly more than decent and that's the sort of player we need in the middle to really succeed
We desperately needed a Vincent /Dawson type player and that’s exactly what we won’t be getting.
PotatOhead
Fresh Alias

Post by PotatOhead »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:22 pm
PotatOhead wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:23 pm

Time will tell.

We desperately needed a Vincent /Dawson type player and that’s exactly what we won’t be getting.
Sadly I think you're right. Got really good players in every other position but no engine in the middle.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

He doesn’t need loaning out.

He just needs some decent midfielders around him and ahead of him. It’s not his fault he’s first choice (up until now).
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Kemp is possibly the most creative player in the squad,however he is a little lightweight and has to be played in the right formation, probably having 2 central midfielders around him if playing a 3 in the centre midfield,or he could play just behind the front 2. He could also be played wide but anything else I really don’t think he has the upper body strength to compete man for man in a middle 2🙈