Oh dear Kenny

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Oh dear Kenny

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Smyth spent the last 15 minutes of Saturday stretching off his calves.

He was never going to start tonight.

He shouldn’t have been motm either, btw.
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

moonwalk19 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:30 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:58 pm No wingers
No creativity
No crosses
No goals
NO IDEA
This time last year we started to lose our way that caused the sacking of Embleton. We need 2 wingers that can get to the bye line and cross the ball to our front two. Tonight and on Saturday we were very poor in trying to cross the ball. Kemp and Wood both had poor games. The LB whoever that was suppose to be was nowhere near the scorer. Smyth should have started . At least he showed glimpses of creativity.The two midfielders we have brought in are inexperienced and too young for this league. We need an experience head in the middle to drive us forward. From what I see tonight we are just a middle of the road team .It’s going to be a hard slog to try and turn this around. I cannot see it happening.
It was Brown that was ball watching and ‘lost’ the scorer tonight.
Maybe we should be bringing in a winger or two rather than more defensive midfielders
We haven’t looked like scoring in two home games now.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

Second best goal difference in the league though, there's some straws to clutch at
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 pm Pretty much everyone was saying we needed to ditch Embleton and bring in a proper experienced manager to make us competitive again this time last year.

Oh.
I guess “experienced” doesn’t always mean “good”
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:39 pm Second best goal difference in the league though, there's some straws to clutch at
Yes , with James and Archibald in the team . I wonder why
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Cheshunto wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:39 pm
moonwalk19 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:30 pm
Stan1972 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:58 pm No wingers
No creativity
No crosses
No goals
NO IDEA
This time last year we started to lose our way that caused the sacking of Embleton. We need 2 wingers that can get to the bye line and cross the ball to our front two. Tonight and on Saturday we were very poor in trying to cross the ball. Kemp and Wood both had poor games. The LB whoever that was suppose to be was nowhere near the scorer. Smyth should have started . At least he showed glimpses of creativity.The two midfielders we have brought in are inexperienced and too young for this league. We need an experience head in the middle to drive us forward. From what I see tonight we are just a middle of the road team .It’s going to be a hard slog to try and turn this around. I cannot see it happening.
It was Brown that was ball watching and ‘lost’ the scorer tonight.
Maybe we should be bringing in a winger or two rather than more defensive midfielders
We haven’t looked like scoring in two home games now.
Probably down to Browns inexperience. He’s got to learn and learn fast
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

Jackett is only on a 1 year contract, isn’t he? I doubt he’ll be offered another one at this rate.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:43 pm Pretty much everyone was saying we needed to ditch Embleton and bring in a proper experienced manager to make us competitive again this time last year.

Oh.
Fans have no patience
They need there win fix , days of griping after a defeat & being miserable
Used to last until a Sunday afternoon . Now they seem to last for weeks .

I've not seen so many of the Big shot many brigade for months on here
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:53 pm

Oh.
Yeah, seems strange that regardless of who the manager is and what experience they have, we struggle. Wonder why.
Moaning orient fans ?
Toxic at times
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:20 pm
Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:55 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:53 pm Boss Embleton last season Pl 24 points 36

Kenny Pl 24 Points 32
That is worrying. Neither good enough.
Embleton’s stats weren’t good enough for the board who sacked him .At this moment in time KJ stats are now worse .
I thought they got spooked by the veiled threats from fans regarding bums on seats
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:37 pm Smyth spent the last 15 minutes of Saturday stretching off his calves.

He was never going to start tonight.

He shouldn’t have been motm either, btw.
Runs around looks threatening , always takes 1 touch to many
Doesn't score enough
EastDerehamO
Fresh Alias

Post by EastDerehamO »

In the comparison of Embleton v Jackett quoted in the above chain, it’s worth pointing out that while the first 24 games comparison is correct, that isn’t the complete picture for Embleton, for he lasted another six games before he was sacked, and his overall record last season was:

P 30 W 11 D 6 L 13 Pts 39

Jackett’s record is marginally better on points per game, we’ve won more than we’ve lost under him, the opposite was true under Embleton.

I’m not happy where we are, the last six games have been poor and have cost us. Not enough wins overall, and while we’ve a great goal difference and in some games have found it easy to score, in too many others we’ve struggled, and that contrast is stark and costly. Bottom line is I’d rather have Kenny than Ross in charge, and I expect him to sort it.
greyhound
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by greyhound »

supported orient over 50 odd years.
have learned to expect nothing les. :lofc:
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Stowaway wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:52 am Jackett is only on a 1 year contract, isn’t he? I doubt he’ll be offered another one at this rate.
But is the board backing him . Apart from Otis Khan during this window we've only signed two youngsters with potential and one on loan.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

I don’t think it will take much to transform the team into being competitive once more. You’ve all seen it with your own eyes when we play the “top teams” we were the better side, playing the better football. Should he change the formation? Probably. However, if he wants to stick with 3-4-1-2 then he needs in my opinion to tweak it so it’s more beneficial to us with the available players and give us better balance to boot. I’ll explain.

I would ask the three centre defenders to play wider apart that covers off the wider areas from opposing wing play. I’d tell the two wide men in the four to be attacking wide players and not defenders first and then sprint 40/50/60 yards to get up to play, force our two wide men further up the pitch increasing space and applying pressure at the same time. I’d ask for the ball out wide quickly and to create crossing chances etc on a more constant basis than what we see now. The two central midfielders can be defensive as you’ve the attacking midfielder in front of them. The attacking midfielder gets more or less an open role to roam and link up anywhere he wants which makes it difficult for the opposition to mark him as he crosses over other players areas which creates space behind him. When we have the ball move it quickly left to right and vice-a versa which moves the other team around and hopefully opens up space for through balls and or runners to get into to receive the pass. Finally I’d ask the two forwards to play more centrally than the currently do as we are disconnected there by their defensive duties being asked of them. Yes defence starts from the front and I’m not saying we stop that only that they come closer when we have the ball whereas if you watch now you’ll see one between the centre half and left back he other the same with the right back.

Then ask them to play on the front foot, take the game to the opponent and let them have it cos when we do play like that we score 4 or 5. Why we don’t do it all the time is surely down to instructions. Yet we have the players and ability to consistently do it, unfortunately we don’t.

I really do think this is a two year plan to get out of this league under Kenny, our lack of depth in the squad preseason spooked me and many others, we’ve seen why that was the case recently. We have not added enough quality in this window to improve the squad significantly and it will be the next window where the squad will be at about 90% ready with the final additions to the jigsaw in the following Jan window.

Kenny will get it right just give him time and the right tools to do the job top rather than cane him for not being supplied with the right tools or enough of them to do the job in one year.
JimbO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by JimbO »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 pm Smyth gets MOTM in the previous game and is then subsequently dropped for Kemp who was anonymous

Yep because he was struggling towards the end of the game on Saturday stretching out his calf's. Would suggest that he's not quite fit enough for two lots of 90 minutes in week.

Those who are suggesting he should should have started would have probably moaned if he'd played and pulled up blaming the management for overplaying him.

Think we'll look a lot better when archibald comes back.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

in truth without Archibald and James in the side we're crap.
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

greyhound wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:26 am supported orient over 50 odd years.
have learned to expect nothing les. :lofc:
Ditto -
EliotNes
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by EliotNes »

RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:23 am in truth without Archibald and James in the side we're crap.
and on the basis of the last 2 matches, we are soooooooooo missing Craig Clay