Jackett got it wrong today

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Jman
Fresh Alias

Re: Jackett got it wrong today

Post by Jman »

Thor wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:39 pm Someone also needs to remind KJ the game is called football, you use your foot to play the ball, it’s not called hoof ball. Get it down and play fast incisive football.

He also mentions about failing to beat the first man when we had a corner in the 91st min, sorry how many times have we failed to beat the first man at corners ALL season long?
That absolutely did my head in. Jackett is right, how you can get a corner in the 91st minute, wait to send half your defense up, and not even beat the first man was beyond inexcusable.

The other thing I noticed about that was Khan went over to take it, but then seemed to check and leave it to Wood, who was probably assigned on corners. For goodness sake, if you’re in this position in added time, surely let someone who’s known to be good with dead balls take the kick? Now the result may have been the same we’d never know but Wood’s corners all season have been rubbish.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

Jackett did nothing from the touchline yesterday to encourage, berate, what whatever was needed to get them going. The players were poor apart from the defence yesterday but there was nothing from him.
Last edited by Omygawd on Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Jacket has got most of it wrong from the start of the season, a coaches job is to know formations,what formations to use against other teams,to know what players to play in those formations,to know how to beat the opposition at home and away and most of all to motivate the players at your disposal to the best of there ability. It doesn’t matter if a player can’t beat the first man from a corner in the last minute,it matters how all 11 players perform over the previous 90 minutes. Kemp has been taking corners before yesterday’s game and he could hardly lift a ball into a box,so ask the question what the hell are they doing on the training ground. If I were the chairman (and yes I’m not) I’d let Jacket see out his contract until the end of the season and get on the phone and ask Dave Challenor or Matt Gray to kindly come and run our club next season🙈
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

What formation are we actually playing these days then?
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:52 am What formation are we actually playing these days then?
Ask Kenny not me. The fact that defenders are getting more praise than the midfielders and forwards surly says it all💁🙈
Rich Tea Wellin
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:10 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:52 am What formation are we actually playing these days then?
Ask Kenny not me. The fact that defenders are getting more praise than the midfielders and forwards surly says it all💁🙈
Good teams are built on solid foundations...

Wasn't just asking you BTW. I haven't been in ages or watched a stream so just interested.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

It looked like 5-2-1-2 yesterday.

Moss Mitchell Beckles Ogie Wood
Kyprianou Pratley
Smyth
Smith Drinan
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:00 pm It looked like 5-2-1-2 yesterday.

Moss Mitchell Beckles Ogie Wood
Kyprianou Pratley
Smyth
Smith Drinan
Yep, absolutely this.

Without James and Archibald in the flanks, we’ve not got very much going forward. Long punts and hoping for Smyth to work some magic, that’s it.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

Apple Wumble wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:51 am
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:10 am
Good teams are built on solid foundations...

Wasn't just asking you BTW. I haven't been in ages or watched a stream so just interested.
Soz Apple thought you were 🤪 5 at the back,at home? Leave it to your own conclusions, 5 weeks basically to prepare and get players fitting fit?again come to your own conclusions.Could scrap a win against Newport,think that might be papering over the cracks, the real test will be against Mansfield on Saturday 🙈
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Can I ask the definition of a CM player is ? I always felt a Steve Castle or a Paddy Grealish were . Seems now a Danny Carter Ian Bogie type is defined as a CM .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:44 pm Can I ask the definition of a CM player is ? I always felt a Steve Castle or a Paddy Grealish were . Seems now a Danny Carter Ian Bogie type is defined as a CM .
If your asking me tuffers I will answer but if not please ignore. All those players that you have highlighted are great examples,however all managers will have differing views on what they require a CM to be,but for me it’s simple. I would like one maybe two that can dominate his opposing midfielder and to create chances for the forwards💁🙈
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

Unless we see some serious activity this week Jackett has had one hand tied behind his back this season with the weak squad he's been given. Whoever is forcing this model of putting academy players in where senior pros should be (Kyprianou and Young a prime example) is making the manager's life much more difficult than it needs to be.

I've seen throwaway comments on socials saying "Jackett's transfer targets were too expensive". I'd love to know if there's any truth in that theory.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:56 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:44 pm Can I ask the definition of a CM player is ? I always felt a Steve Castle or a Paddy Grealish were . Seems now a Danny Carter Ian Bogie type is defined as a CM .
If your asking me tuffers I will answer but if not please ignore. All those players that you have highlighted are great examples,however all managers will have differing views on what they require a CM to be,but for me it’s simple. I would like one maybe two that can dominate his opposing midfielder and to create chances for the forwards💁🙈
so your saying paddy & Castle then , rather than a bit of flair & great passing ability & able to dribble past players . I'm not making any judgements just seeing othes opinions . Id go for 1 of each personally .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

gshaw wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:04 pm Unless we see some serious activity this week Jackett has had one hand tied behind his back this season with the weak squad he's been given. Whoever is forcing this model of putting academy players in where senior pros should be (Kyprianou and Young a prime example) is making the manager's life much more difficult than it needs to be.

I've seen throwaway comments on socials saying "Jackett's transfer targets were too expensive". I'd love to know if there's any truth in that theory.
Like Ogie & Ruel to ?
gshaw
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by gshaw »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:07 pm
gshaw wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:04 pm Unless we see some serious activity this week Jackett has had one hand tied behind his back this season with the weak squad he's been given. Whoever is forcing this model of putting academy players in where senior pros should be (Kyprianou and Young a prime example) is making the manager's life much more difficult than it needs to be.

Like Ogie & Ruel to ?
I'd rather a pro personally with youths just making up numbers for cover but at least the two you mentioned have done their time out on loan getting toughened up for men's football. The youth CMs in particular really do look out of place at this level and physicality, never starting XI quality.
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:05 pm
so your saying paddy & Castle then , rather than a bit of flair & great passing ability & able to dribble past players . I'm not making any judgements just seeing othes opinions . Id go for 1 of each personally .
You are correct tuffers, football is often a balancing act,one complements each other,one holding ,one attacking,it’s up to the manager to make that judgment and the board to finance (within reason) that judgement 🙈
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

gshaw wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:25 pm

Like Ogie & Ruel to ?
I'd rather a pro personally with youths just making up numbers for cover but at least the two you mentioned have done their time out on loan getting toughened up for men's football. The youth CMs in particular really do look out of place at this level and physicality, never starting XI quality.
Personally I would have tried to convert Kyprianou to right back and Ogie to holding midfielder and gone all out to bring in two decent CM midfielders🙈
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Like Ogie & Ruel to ?
Hectors been out on loan 3 times
Not sure about young .

Funny how Laurie C & Grealish Bobby Fisher & the like
Never went out on loan .
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:37 pm

You are correct tuffers, football is often a balancing act,one complements each other,one holding ,one attacking,it’s up to the manager to make that judgment and the board to finance (within reason) that judgement 🙈
So we should have got cheaper players up front
Instead of Smi/y-th & Drinan or nit had Theo or James
Or ? well you get my point i think .
Monkey Boy
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Monkey Boy »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:04 pm

Personally I think we should have gone for a different manager for far less money than what Jacket and his back room staff has cost,thus freeing up more money for players,which I’m sure will happen next season, have a good day tuffers👍🙈
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:58 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:04 pm

Personally I think we should have gone for a different manager for far less money than what Jacket and his back room staff has cost,thus freeing up more money for players,which I’m sure will happen next season, have a good day tuffers👍🙈
That's an Honest Opinion on KJ ,
I doubt it would of appeased the RE cheap option brigade . Rock & a Hard place .

You have a good one too MB
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:41 pm

Like Ogie & Ruel to ?
Personally I would have tried to convert Kyprianou to right back and Ogie to holding midfielder and gone all out to bring in two decent CM midfielders🙈
No no and no. Ogie is showing and proving he is a good centre half who is improving and will continue to improve and play at a higher level. Hector needs a rocket up his arse, not retrain for a different position.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:36 pm
Monkey Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:41 pm

No no and no. Ogie is showing and proving he is a good centre half who is improving and will continue to improve and play at a higher level. Hector needs a rocket up his arse, not retrain for a different position.
Its not like being a solicitor & retraining as a Scaffolder Thorby .
😁
LittleMate
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by LittleMate »

Nobody that I can see has given any consideration to the fact that it was only our second game in a month (5 weeks really if you discount the scratch side against Tranmere). We were either going to play like a team of whirling dervishes or one that was rusty.

Given Port Vale played only a few days previously, I thought they were sharper and more focused than us. For all that neither side looked like scoring. I expect a much better performance on Tuesday.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

KJ said in his interview he's hoping to make more new signings before Tuesday nights game against Newport . God I hope so because we really missed Craig Clay yesterday . When Kyprianou went off we had absolutely nothing in central midfield . A veteran who's legs have gone and a kid isn't going to cut it .