Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dunners »

Looking at the increase in mortality against the preceeding five year average suggests that this cold is a nasty dose of the cold indeed.

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Dunners »

This is a very interesting and alarming thread on Covid quarantine camps in China. It's a consequence of China's increasing international isolation combined with the ineffectiveness of their own vaccine. China is truly f*cked.

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Their low case rates are a load of bollox then?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Dunners wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 am This is a very interesting and alarming thread on Covid quarantine camps in China. It's a consequence of China's increasing international isolation combined with the ineffectiveness of their own vaccine. China is truly f*cked.

The way the government have pushed their own blame onto 'personal responsibility' and turned us against each other, i wouldn't mind betting some people over here and even on this board would be up for this here.

Some of what is considering 'normal' thinking now about our day to day freedoms and rights to earn a living are truly terrifying, albeit, not as terrifying as what's happening in China!
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Is it that different to being quarantined in a travelodge? Food looks better.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:30 am
Dunners wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 am This is a very interesting and alarming thread on Covid quarantine camps in China. It's a consequence of China's increasing international isolation combined with the ineffectiveness of their own vaccine. China is truly f*cked.

The way the government have pushed their own blame onto 'personal responsibility' and turned us against each other, i wouldn't mind betting some people over here and even on this board would be up for this here.

Some of what is considering 'normal' thinking now about our day to day freedoms and rights to earn a living are truly terrifying, albeit, not as terrifying as what's happening in China!
It's always comforting to learn that it's worse somewhere else.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Govt enforcing rules, how ridiculous!
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Interesting. Where are the media on this one?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:09 am Govt enforcing rules, how ridiculous!
You referring to China or to here?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:26 am

Sort of depends on the % make-up of the ages. 0-18 is a ridiculous grouping really.

I'd imagine the highly transmissible aspect of omi means that more school kids have gotten it than the first wave. Grouping newborns with 17 year olds mixing socially and at school is a bit silly.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:02 am

Sort of depends on the % make-up of the ages. 0-18 is a ridiculous grouping really.

I'd imagine the highly transmissible aspect of omi means that more school kids have gotten it than the first wave. Grouping newborns with 17 year olds mixing socially and at school is a bit silly.
Thanks for that Statto. The point being more children have been hospitalised with this mild cold like strain than from any of the other deadlier ones.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Max B Gold wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:42 am
Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:02 am

Thanks for that Statto. The point being more children have been hospitalised with this mild cold like strain than from any of the other deadlier ones.
I get the point, but without context it’s a useless point.

How many infections have there been in the period you posted?
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Dunners wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:03 am Looking at the increase in mortality against the preceeding five year average suggests that this cold is a nasty dose of the cold indeed.

Dunners has or is finally waking up! Bravo son welcome to the real world.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:27 am Their low case rates are a load of bollox then?
Yep remember my 22m phones which turned off for good, maybe you’ll start to believe the lies we’ve been told since the start.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

I can't believe its on that scale
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:27 am Their low case rates are a load of bollox then?
Yep remember my 22m phones which turned off for good, maybe you’ll start to believe the lies we’ve been told since the start.
No, remind me.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Thor wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:17 pm I’ve been telling you all this for months. Here are the facts and finally a mainstream media has published them. It might be the daily mail, read it, take it in and realise we are being played on a massive scale.

Pfizer say our drug is 90% coverage then the USA firm says ours is 94.5% coverage then Pfizer say oh yeah we’ve re-evaluated ours and it’s 95% coverage. Wake up people, it’s lies.

All week long I’ve watched and listened to the mainstream media pumping out their propaganda saying you must take the vaccine, you must be inoculated, it’s being pushed to ridiculous levels on something no one knows what the long terms effects might be. They tell us it’s safe, does anyone remember thalidomide? Didn’t the government of the day push that one hard and tell the women it’s safe? What did history say about that?

I’m not against vaccinations, I’m fully vaccinated as our my children however, we have knowledge and history to support what is pumped in our bodies. Anyone got a vaccination for Aids? Or SARS? Or Ebola? And so on? It’s been said on here by others it takes years to find a vaccination and suddenly whilst I except money is being pumped in to find it we’ve gone hey presto and like a London bus they all come along at once, standby for the Oxford one in the next week or two.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... earts.html
So are you vaccinated or not Thor - you don't seem very sure about this (or much else tbh)
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Thor, can you explain to me why we are being played as you put it.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

BoniO wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:45 pm
Thor wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 pm
No, remind me.
I thought it was 1.5 million ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Story of O wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:36 pm Thor, can you explain to me why we are being played as you put it.
Toronimo thinks he is playing us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:37 pm I can't believe its on that scale
I don’t know what scale it’s on actually, but it’s not what they say it is officially. I’m sure we’ve all seen the videos of the dead in the streets, piled up in the hospital etc. When this first started. We’ve seen what it’s done here and they have many more people than us and more tightly packed in than us, I’m sure it would have ripped through the community like a wild fire.
Thor
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Thor »

Story of O wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:36 pm Thor, can you explain to me why we are being played as you put it.
Control of the population, setting us up for digital identification and social credit, just like in China. Ultimately probably one world government. Certainly cos you are seeing right now the biggest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich ever. Small companies are being squashed and the big corporations are just swallowing up the market. Choice is and will continue to evaporate.

Unless we stand together as we are stronger together than apart and your seeing their tactics create massive divisions within communities and even within families. They are just loving that.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Thor wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:16 am I was in the pet shop yesterday buying raw meet for my Malinois and the guy beside the freezers was piling crate after crate of tinned dog food in his trolley. I asked him "is your dog hungry?" He said "something like that". We got to the till and he was in front of me, he only had the tinned dog food and it cost £196.00 panic buying or what?
so October 2020 & its only 22-23 weeks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Thor wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:04 am
Control of the population, setting us up for digital identification and social credit, just like in China. Ultimately probably one world government. Certainly cos you are seeing right now the biggest transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich ever. Small companies are being squashed and the big corporations are just swallowing up the market. Choice is and will continue to evaporate.

Unless we stand together as we are stronger together than apart and your seeing their tactics create massive divisions within communities and even within families. They are just loving that.
So all the major governments are in this together. I don't think standing together would be much good. It sounds like a plot for a James Bond film
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Thor wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:04 am

One world government, yet we just left the EU?

How does making us get vaccinated and making us wear masks bring about digital identification and social credit and make us like China?

Are you really sure about this?