Game OFF.

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Ghostkidofthenorth
Fresh Alias

Re: Game OFF.

Post by Ghostkidofthenorth »

The EFL need to man up and award 3 points to the opposition when a team postpones to stop this nonsense
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Ghostkidofthenorth wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:21 pm The EFL need to man up and award 3 points to the opposition when a team postpones to stop this nonsense
Yeah, well that’s never going to happen.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Ghostkidofthenorth wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:21 pm The EFL need to man up and award 3 points to the opposition when a team postpones to stop this nonsense
Manning up isnt in the rule book . :twisted:
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

brentwoodo wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:12 pm From the Rovers site

"On the advice of our doctor, in conjunction with the EFL doctor, those individuals are required to isolate whilst they get a PCR test and the decision was made to postpone the game.
Although this is extremely disappointing and frustrating, we have to follow the advice of the medical professionals.''

So, some players/staff have tested positive on a lateral flow test without a PCR. Not every club is as honest as ours and I hope we haven't been stitched up with some contaminated Lateral Flow Tests eg a drop of lemon juice or something similar as Rovers were desperate to get this one called off.

Not ideal preparation in advance of the Stoke City cup game (where I am at the moment). The locals seem to think the cup is not their priority and they a build up of games around the match day. We will no doubt be rusty but with Stoke likely to field an under strength team, there is still a chance of a win on the day!!

UTO's
Play it on Monday after the PCR tests come back negative.
PutneyO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by PutneyO »

Its so easy to record a positive covid result, and with a man like Barton who lacks integrity, anything is possible
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Of course these cases just happened to crop up this morning didn't they and they didn't have any in the days previously when they would have had time to call up youth team replacements or players who would have played for them in the Papa John's trophy.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/20 ... postponed/

Their CEO's pants are on fire. That article sounds desperate.

Also read an article from a local Brizzle paper where they say "there is no suspicion, at this stage, of foul play from either party and the rules have been observed correctly". Leave us out of this please since this is on your lot don't bring us into your blatantly pre-meditated scam.
Orient Punxx
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Orient Punxx »

Nice that they didn’t have the expense of an overnight stay🤥
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Very odd that their coach had left.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

PutneyO wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:36 am
RedDwarf 1881 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:32 am Exactly Winchester. We had a depleted squad but still fulfilled our fixture at Tranmere. We could only name four substitutes for that game.
More fool us
Yes, with hindsight it cost us but at least we are honest which is a commendable attribute . I'm glad we are like that then not.
RedDwarf 1881
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by RedDwarf 1881 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:25 pm Very odd that their coach had left.
Their team coach ?. That is bizarre. Maybe this is a case for the EFL to look at . Things don't add up here. it doesn't make any sense.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:25 pm Very odd that their coach had left.
If that's the case then it's just part of the smokescreen to make it look like they wanted to play the game along with all the other stuff. The coach wouldn't have left with players with Covid symptons on it and if they didn't have sufficient players the coach wouldn't have left for the game.

That said, I've only seen mentions of the supporters coach leaving for the game. Brizzle local paper says they usually stay in a hotel before playing Orient so it tells you everything you need to know that they didn't this time.
Last edited by Smendrick Feaselberg on Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
east saxon gas
Fresh Alias

Post by east saxon gas »

PutneyO wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:53 pm Its so easy to record a positive covid result, and with a man like Barton who lacks integrity, anything is possible
can't argue with that
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

So that local Brizzle paper say that Rovers usually stay in a London hotel before playing Orient but didn't this time, that the coach had already left for the game which it wouldn't have done with insufficient players, yet they also say "there is no suspicion, at this stage, of foul play". :lol:

Really hope we smash them in the rearranged game and that it drops them into the relegation places. Think I'll sit in the West Stand near OFF for that game.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:37 pm
to stop others getting infected on a 2-3 hour coach trip ?
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:46 pm
For sure. But the ones with symptoms wouldn't have been allowed onto the coach and basically zero chance of them suddenly developing symptoms in the short time after the coach left.
Omygawd
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Omygawd »

This whole thing stinks and I may be being unfair but it has Barton’s stamp all over it. I have a significant journey each time I go to a home game and I have to find cover for domestic issues when I do. On the basis of the more positive messages that had been coming out over the last 2 days I made appropriate arrangements and left home to star my journey. I travel on my own, had to drive today given the lack of trains on a New Year’s Day, and had to go through a number of areas where this is no mobile signal. Phone pinged at 11.00 when I was already well on the way to the ground with this frustrating news. Time and money lost that I can’t recover.

From what I am reading this seems to have been a late and unilateral decision presumably taken by their manager/goalkeeper/sociopath. The EFL will deal with this as effectively as they always do (ie nothing) and I will for the coming weeks probably decide not to bother to consider attending given COVID uncertainty (ie the EFL not having the balls to stand up for fans). I understand that games will need to be called off but the new protocol of not testing on a Saturday was designed to give greater certainty. Friday at the latest has to be the norm. Sorry but it has been abused here and I am also now deciding whether to renew my Season Ticket given the shower of poo poo that manage our great game and their contempt for fans. Just another in the long line of things I have had to cancel in the last nearly 2 years. Keeping going is tough and the prospect of live football today was exciting but what do any of us fans count.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:50 pm
For sure. But the ones with symptoms wouldn't have been allowed onto the coach and basically zero chance of them suddenly developing symptoms in the short time after the coach left.
maybe someone got a new cough on the coach, or is covid time sensitive .I get people are dissapointed but thats no reason for everyone to act like they have been hacked by THOR !
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

staying in a london hotel overnight on NYE, Itsbristol rovers not a PL club backed by a billionaire !!
BengeO
Fresh Alias

Post by BengeO »

When they say "the COACH had left" perhaps they are referring to a Person not a Vehicle ????
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

Omygawd wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:23 pm This whole thing stinks and I may be being unfair but it has Barton’s stamp all over it. I have a significant journey each time I go to a home game and I have to find cover for domestic issues when I do. On the basis of the more positive messages that had been coming out over the last 2 days I made appropriate arrangements and left home to star my journey. I travel on my own, had to drive today given the lack of trains on a New Year’s Day, and had to go through a number of areas where this is no mobile signal. Phone pinged at 11.00 when I was already well on the way to the ground with this frustrating news. Time and money lost that I can’t recover.

From what I am reading this seems to have been a late and unilateral decision presumably taken by their manager/goalkeeper/sociopath. The EFL will deal with this as effectively as they always do (ie nothing) and I will for the coming weeks probably decide not to bother to consider attending given COVID uncertainty (ie the EFL not having the balls to stand up for fans). I understand that games will need to be called off but the new protocol of not testing on a Saturday was designed to give greater certainty. Friday at the latest has to be the norm. Sorry but it has been abused here and I am also now deciding whether to renew my Season Ticket given the shower of poo poo that manage our great game and their contempt for fans. Just another in the long line of things I have had to cancel in the last nearly 2 years. Keeping going is tough and the prospect of live football today was exciting but what do any of us fans count.
101% This.
I’m beginning to lose my enthusiasm as instances like this are just taking the piss out of good loyal fans of both Orient and Bristol Rovers. They obviously had no intention of playing the game today and leaving the decision so late will cost a lot of people a lot of money.
If they usually stay in a hotel for this fixture then why didn’t they today ??
Our wonderful supporters club have apparently donated the food that was to have been sold today from the bar to the local food bank and it’s gestures like this that are great 👍
Cheshunto
Regular
Regular

Post by Cheshunto »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:43 pm staying in a london hotel overnight on NYE, Itsbristol rovers not a PL club backed by a billionaire !!
Clubs, when playing at Orient, usually stay at the Waltham Abbey Marriott not anywhere in Central London.
It would be interesting to know if they ever had a reservation there or at any other hotel.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

Cheshunto wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:57 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:43 pm staying in a london hotel overnight on NYE, Itsbristol rovers not a PL club backed by a billionaire !!
Clubs, when playing at Orient, usually stay at the Waltham Abbey Marriott not anywhere in Central London.
It would be interesting to know if they ever had a reservation there or at any other hotel.
It was NYE people regularly stay in hotels for NYE , more wedge for the hotel to make most would be booked out in november .
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:39 pm

maybe someone got a new cough on the coach, or is covid time sensitive .I get people are dissapointed but thats no reason for everyone to act like they have been hacked by THOR !
For purely selfish reasons , and I am good at those , I am pleased. By Saturday I would have been away for three weeks and I haven’t missed a single league game.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by tuffers#1 »

George M wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:02 pm
tuffers#1 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:39 pm

For purely selfish reasons , and I am good at those , I am pleased. By Saturday I would have been away for three weeks and I haven’t missed a single league game.
Tell the board not me, I couldnt give a f*ck ! :D