Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Dunners
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Dunners »

That's the thing. Most people are self-regulating their behaviour. Those who are not would probably ignore any government instructions to the contrary anyway. Our government has very limited scope to project its authority right now.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

E10EU wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:51 am
Today Johnson claimed that 90% of those who are now in hospital with Covid are unvaccinated. I haven't seen such figure corroborated by serious medical sources But the underlying message is "Only the people who did not do as instructed by the government now end up in hospital, it's their own fault." So it absolves the government from responsibility and engenders a 'blame the victim' mentality in the public perception.
Bizarre thinking...and Johnson didn't claim that.
E10EU
Fresh Alias

Post by E10EU »

faldO wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:05 am
Today Johnson claimed that 90% of those who are now in hospital with Covid are unvaccinated. I haven't seen such figure corroborated by serious medical sources But the underlying message is "Only the people who did not do as instructed by the government now end up in hospital, it's their own fault." So it absolves the government from responsibility and engenders a 'blame the victim' mentality in the public perception.
I have now figured that the 90% unvaccinated claimed by Johnson referred to people who have not had the third jab.
Given that the 3rd jab was initially offered to older people and those deemed medically vulnerable, by that Johnson logic most of those now hospitalised with Covid would be those who supposedly are younger and fitter.

Very interesting to note that Javid has warned that tests will be in short supply the next couple of weeks.
That will help to keep the official figures of infected people down!
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

Wales is lending us 4 million
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

E10EU wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:17 pm
I have now figured that the 90% unvaccinated claimed by Johnson referred to people who have not had the third jab.
Given that the 3rd jab was initially offered to older people and those deemed medically vulnerable, by that Johnson logic most of those now hospitalised with Covid would be those who supposedly are younger and fitter.

Very interesting to note that Javid has warned that tests will be in short supply the next couple of weeks.
Surely that can’t be true though? 90% of people in hospital have had two jabs but not the third?

Or it’s people who have had 0,1 or 2 shots?

As per, it’s scaremonging by manipulating figures.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Also, what's the % breakdown by number of jabs? I'm sure there is still a very large percentage share among those who have not had any jabs.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:11 pm

Surely that can’t be true though? 90% of people in hospital have had two jabs but not the third?

Is it not the case that the jabs are only effective for around 100 days. That might explain the 90% stat but don't quote me I'm not a virologist.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

Johnson was referring yesterday to up to 90% of people in ICUs not having had a booster, not in hospital generally.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 83941.html
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

Over 2000 people with covid admitted to hospital in England on 28 Dec.
Story of O
Bored office worker
Bored office worker

Post by Story of O »

I doubt if it’s many, but some are going in with Covid not because of Covid. So someone with Covid has a heart attack and is rushed into hospital for that but are added to the Covid numbers
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

StillSpike
Regular
Regular

Post by StillSpike »

Have the latest infection numbers been published yet? Can't see them anywhere & they're normally out by this time.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

StillSpike wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:59 pm Have the latest infection numbers been published yet? Can't see them anywhere & they're normally out by this time.
Estimated to be released around 8pm
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

faldO wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:19 pm

Johnson was referring yesterday to up to 90% of people in ICUs not having had a booster, not in hospital generally.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 83941.html
Yeah but 90% of people in ICU have had two jabs but not the booster? Is that what he’s saying?
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Max B Gold wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:16 pm

Is it not the case that the jabs are only effective for around 100 days. That might explain the 90% stat but don't quote me I'm not a virologist.
Interesting. But that still doesn’t sound right based on Johnson’s quote but who knows?
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Here's what he said

“I’m sorry to say this but the overwhelming majority of people who are currently ending up in intensive care in our hospitals are people who are not boosted,” he said. “I’ve talked to doctors who say the numbers are running up to 90% of people in intensive care.”
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

It’s a confusing, scaremongering and weird way of saying it but whatever, let’s move on.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

And probably wrong
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

You keep saying 'scaremongering' as if the threat is not real. If they hadnt scared people, we'd have more infections, more deaths.
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:18 pm Here's what he said

“I’m sorry to say this but the overwhelming majority of people who are currently ending up in intensive care in our hospitals are people who are not boosted,” he said. “I’ve talked to doctors who say the numbers are running up to 90% of people in intensive care.”
That suggests that it's people who have had jabs 1 and 2 but just not the booster and the protection from the jabs has run out but it must include also 1 jabbers and zero jabbees too. No.

Nobody should listen to that fat w*nk of a mess Johnson. He's clueless.
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:39 pm You keep saying 'scaremongering' as if the threat is not real. If they hadnt scared people, we'd have more infections, more deaths.
Would we? I thought it took at least 21 days for any jab to provide protection?

The threat is real but seemingly not as real as when delta appeared.

I don’t disagree with people getting boosters. I’m just interested in the wording from an ever more desperate wording and purposeful misinformation in their panic.
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Apple Wumble wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:06 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:39 pm You keep saying 'scaremongering' as if the threat is not real. If they hadnt scared people, we'd have more infections, more deaths.
Would we? I thought it took at least 21 days for any jab to provide protection?

The threat is real but seemingly not as real as when delta appeared.

I don’t disagree with people getting boosters. I’m just interested in the wording from an ever more desperate wording and purposeful misinformation in their panic.
i thoght it was 12 days?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

see tw*tface farage is posting up sh*te about boosters now on yoooo tooobe , questioning the need for them .
Last edited by tuffers#1 on Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faldO
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by faldO »

A London ICU doctor said something similar before Christmas, but he was probably just scaremongering too...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/h ... s-25761110
Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

faldO wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:18 pm A London ICU doctor said something similar before Christmas, but he was probably just scaremongering too...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/h ... s-25761110
Unvaccinated is very different to not boosted. Unless it’s not and being double jabbed means nothing now?