Coronavirus

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Currywurst and Chips »

In good news, Piers Corbyn has been arrested
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:40 pm
LeytonstoneRed07 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:01 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:15 pm So people arent being allowed to speak out, apart from this article you've linked from the biggest selling paper?
Have you actually seen or heard anyone on the television or radio actually question any of these so called experts.

The BBC and SKY News are rolling out one epidemiologist after another. They must be cloning them in a factory somewhere. They say the exact same things using identical words and phrases and presenters just nod their heads in total agreement as if what they are saying is gospel. The standard of journalism has dropped massively.

Why can't they challenge them - isn't that what proper journalism is? They are fricking useless the lot of them.

If it was me I'd be repeatedly asking the following -

How many of the daily covid cases were found in symptomatic people?

I repeat. How many of the positive cases were actually ill?

How many of them needed medical treatment?

How many were admitted to hospital?

What’s the vaccine status of those testing positive?

Isn’t it true that twice as many double-vaccinated people are becoming ill and ending up in hospital this Winter as unvaccinated people?

Why is that?

What’s the average age of someone dying with Covid?

What’s the UK life expectancy in 2021?

Have you reviewed the UK government’s Yellow-Card reporting data?

Why not?

Are you aware that some of your peers, the ones who never took a penny from The Gates Foundation, are claiming that the jabs have caused the deaths of tens of thousands of people worldwide?

Why are you not aware of that?

Putting covid on the death certs of people who died within 28 days of testing positive for it is pseudo-scientific nonsense isn’t it?

Isn’t it?

The gormless eejits wouldn't know what hit em..
Could it be that all the experts just agree on the basic facts?

There are answers to your questions, the reason why you aren't hearing them may be because they've been asked before, theyre irrelevant or they'd make the presenter look thick.

I'll answer one for you about double vaccinated people dying, this is because there's a lot of double vaccinated people who are old, whilst the unvaccinated are younger people. I'll be amazed if you will even concede on this single point.
I don’t think any boarder is suggesting that double vaccinated and even boostered , vulnerable , and old are not losing their lives. It’s tragic. Every scientist in the world is trying to eliminate that . Every reasonable human is hoping that a solution to all this grief happens soon .
But the grown up discussion now is about how much we should sacrifice to lesson these deaths. We cannot close the worlds economy. We don’t close it for any other reason. So how far do you want to go. I don’t have the answer and I doubt anyone in government does. The media are making it impossible for government to decide. They are hovering over every decision , every mistake , waiting to pounce. The government of the day no longer makes decisions for us. The media do.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Long slender neck »

The line has been drawn at ensuring the nhs isnt overwhelmed, seems fair to me, unless you think a situation where people are denied treatment would be nice?
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:53 pm But the grown up discussion now is about how much we should sacrifice to lesson these deaths.
I’m prepared to make the ‘sacrifice’ of wearing a mask when out in public spaces.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:53 pm The media are making it impossible for government to decide. They are hovering over every decision , every mistake , waiting to pounce. The government of the day no longer makes decisions for us. The media do.
Oh f*** off. Most of the Tory run press didn’t even cover the Downing Street slew of parties,leaving it to just the mirror and guardian to report on them.

Don’t blame this governments actions/inactions on the media, or the scientists. This is their fault and the fault of every idiot that voted for them in 2019. Own it.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:46 pm
George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:40 pm
Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:32 pm Thank god it's worse than reported.

Idiot.
You are hilarious. When anyone post the facts you ridicule. Where is you evidence regarding deaths. You are always insisting on facts. You haven’t answered. Grow up , bore off , and choose another thread you tedious tw*t
Except you're the one who quoted my post stating the official figure

If you don't like me making you look stupid, resist the urge to sh*t yourselves publicly.
Not really sure what camp you are in now. You insist on referencing but don’t follow up with references yourself when asked. For reference I am anti restrictions , completely relaxed about Omicron , and cannot find any science backing travel or domestic behaviour. If you think differently, please lay it on the table.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:58 pm
George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:53 pm But the grown up discussion now is about how much we should sacrifice to lesson these deaths.
I’m prepared to make the ‘sacrifice’ of wearing a mask when out in public spaces.
As should everyone if that has been deemed to make the difference.
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:03 pm
George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:40 pm

You are hilarious. When anyone post the facts you ridicule. Where is you evidence regarding deaths. You are always insisting on facts. You haven’t answered. Grow up , bore off , and choose another thread you tedious tw*t

If you don't like me making you look stupid, resist the urge to sh*t yourselves publicly.
Not really sure what camp you are in now. You insist on referencing but don’t follow up with references yourself when asked. For reference I am anti restrictions , completely relaxed about Omicron , and cannot find any science backing travel or domestic behaviour. If you think differently, please lay it on the table.
Link to case numbers below

Happy to oblige

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details ... %20Kingdom
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:05 pm
It does make a difference.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Happy to oblige

You are simply showing what we already know. If there were 300k cases two days ago , there will be 600 k cases today. That is not reflected in official figures. Where are the death rates . You stated that people are dying of Omicron. Prove it. Death rates are no different from Delta rates. In fact death rates are dropping.
I have never predicted what may happen , I have been careful not to . I am not a scientist. I just don’t like Ill educated assumptions with no scientific back up about what may happen in two weeks.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:10 pm

That’s your view. I would be more convinced if we were to wear masks in all indoor situations. I am afraid that I don’t care for wearing masks in the corner shop with two others , but not in the pub next door with 100 others. If you can convince me otherwise then I would happily argue with you.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

You can wear a mask in the pub if you want to. You'd be moaning if the govt told them to shut instead.
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:34 pm You can wear a mask in the pub if you want to.
What’s the point, it doesn’t make a difference
Currywurst and Chips
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Happy to oblige

You are simply showing what we already know. If there were 300k cases two days ago , there will be 600 k cases today. That is not reflected in official figures. Where are the death rates . You stated that people are dying of Omicron. Prove it. Death rates are no different from Delta rates. In fact death rates are dropping.
I have never predicted what may happen , I have been careful not to . I am not a scientist. I just don’t like Ill educated assumptions with no scientific back up about what may happen in two weeks.
Seven deaths, eighty five hospitalisations from Omicron

Happy to oblige

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... erview.pdf
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:21 pm

That’s your view. I would be more convinced if we were to wear masks in all indoor situations. I am afraid that I don’t care for wearing masks in the corner shop with two others , but not in the pub next door with 100 others. If you can convince me otherwise then I would happily argue with you.
It’s not my view.

Are you honestly saying that you think the risk of the virus spreading from one person to another is not reduced by wearing masks?

Are you really saying that? If so, there is literally no point anyone carrying this on with you.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:34 pm You can wear a mask in the pub if you want to. You'd be moaning if the govt told them to shut instead.
That’s just it. If I could be convinced of the science for mask wearing as it is , then great. But I’m not.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

The science is solid. Its a political decision to allow no masks in pubs and restaurants, that and it'd make it difficult to eat and drink with one on.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:38 pm

It’s not my view.

Are you honestly saying that you think the risk of the virus spreading from one person to another is not reduced by wearing masks?

Are you really saying that? If so, there is literally no point anyone carrying this on with you.
Ronnie , I am saying that wearing a mask in all indoor situations would reduce the risk of spreading the virus. Anything less is as good as pointless.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Currywurst and Chips wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:36 pm
George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:17 pm

Happy to oblige

Seven deaths, eighty five hospitalisations from Omicron

Happy to oblige

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... erview.pdf
I’m petrified. Lockdown immediately
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:51 pm
Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:38 pm

It’s not my view.

Ronnie , I am saying that wearing a mask in all indoor situations would reduce the risk of spreading the virus. Anything less is as good as pointless.
You're saying that its "pointless" to reduce the instances of people coughing over each other unless you reduce it to zero. That is utterly stupid.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:51 pm The science is solid. Its a political decision to allow no masks in pubs and restaurants, that and it'd make it difficult to eat and drink with one on.
The Tories have made some good but more bad decisions here. You have criticised their lack of leadership on this. And yet you are happy to believe that I have to wear a mask in a shop , but not wear one while I get pissed in a busy pub or restaurant. In Covent Garden on Saturday you could not move. Every pub was packed to the rafters . You couldn’t get a table in a restaurant. No masks in site or necessary. Come on. You are more intelligent than that.
If it’s just me who thinks that this particular restriction is ridiculous then I will hold my hands up and stop posting.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

In sight
Max B Gold
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Max B Gold »

George wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:01 pm
Prestige Worldwide wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:51 pm The science is solid. Its a political decision to allow no masks in pubs and restaurants, that and it'd make it difficult to eat and drink with one on.
The Tories have made some good but more bad decisions here. You have criticised their lack of leadership on this. And yet you are happy to believe that I have to wear a mask in a shop , but not wear one while I get pissed in a busy pub or restaurant. In Covent Garden on Saturday you could not move. Every pub was packed to the rafters . You couldn’t get a table in a restaurant. No masks in site or necessary. Come on. You are more intelligent than that.
If it’s just me who thinks that this particular restriction is ridiculous then I will hold my hands up and stop posting.
It's just you. Stop posting.
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

When mask wearing indoors in most situations was mandatory, nobody said you had to wear one when eating or drinking. You wore a mask when walking around , not when seated. There was more sense in that . There is no sense in this
George M
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by George M »

Max B Gold wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:11 pm
It's just you. Stop posting.
I will . Happy Xmas