Anti Vax / Anti Mask / Conspiracy Loons

Chat about Leyton Orient (or anything else)

Moderator: Long slender neck

Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Re: Anti Vax / Anti Mask / Conspiracy Loons

Post by Long slender neck »

BIGRON wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:54 am Will we be required to wear masks at the game tonight and Saturday ? I don't think so , I would be happy to cos we ain't had a lot to shout about the last couple of games 😄
I doubt it, but it doesnt mean you cant. You may find it keeps your face warm too.
MassiveForehead
Fresh Alias

Post by MassiveForehead »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:01 am
BIGRON wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:54 am Will we be required to wear masks at the game tonight and Saturday ? I don't think so , I would be happy to cos we ain't had a lot to shout about the last couple of games 😄
I doubt it, but it doesnt mean you cant. You may find it keeps your face warm too.
That was a strong consideration on Saturday considering the weather. Risk of catching covid outdoors is 5% of it in a confined space according to the latest doctor who was also urging football fans wear a mask. For now I'll take my chances sitting outside with the masses - not like we make enough noise to generate spit that could infect either. ;)
Ronnie Hotdogs
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course we won’t have to wear masks. The club don’t give a sh*t.

The club issued a code of conduct telling us we have to wear face masks indoors and in the undercrofts. But no one does, not even the stewards.

https://www.leytonorient.com/wp-content ... onduct.pdf
Hugo Ball Boy
Fresh Alias

Post by Hugo Ball Boy »

Even to prevent the common cold and influenza it is wise. Bacteria. You may cover your mouth with a scarf or hood? There will be shouting and risk of spreading the particles saliva as is live football ?
tuffers#1
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7
Awards: Boarder of the year 2020 #1 Wordle cheat

Post by tuffers#1 »

Dohnut wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:50 am
tuffers#1 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:25 pm
Dohnut wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 pm Masks are worn as a courtesy to others, not as a protection to one self.

People who wear the are considerate, those that don’t, arseholes.

That’s it.

I can only assume the latest TV adverts regarding how the virus is transmitted and the changes in mask wearing rules from today are rubbish then, 🤡

Rees Fog is notorious for not wearing masks.

I’d sooner take note of Public Health England.
The point is Tories are arseholes in reply to your
point On those who dont wear Masks
soloman
Fresh Alias

Post by soloman »

Sid Bishop wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:08 am
Admin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:04 am I see that bans have been handed out, quite rightly, to a couple of posters pushing anti-vax / conspiracy theory nonsense on here.

My support for such action is unequivocal. Anyone else on here heading in the same direction will be banned.

Permanently.
I wish the government would take far stronger measures as well, use vaccine passports to enter pubs, theaters, supermarkets etc and make it compulsory to wear masks, if not head shields when in shops. Lastly make people like Piers Corbyn, the anti-vaxxer, conspiracy theorist, go and see recovering covid patients to convince him the disease is real and not fake.
I don't always agree with what a lot of what you say but this is a great post ,100% behind you !!!
Sid Bishop
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Sid Bishop »

soloman wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:23 pm
Admin wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:04 am I see that bans have been handed out, quite rightly, to a couple of posters pushing anti-vax / conspiracy theory nonsense on here.

My support for such action is unequivocal. Anyone else on here heading in the same direction will be banned.

Permanently.
I wish the government would take far stronger measures as well, use vaccine passports to enter pubs, theaters, supermarkets etc and make it compulsory to wear masks, if not head shields when in shops. Lastly make people like Piers Corbyn, the anti-vaxxer, conspiracy theorist, go and see recovering covid patients to convince him the disease is real and not fake.
I don't always agree with what a lot of what you say but this is a great post ,100% behind you !!!
Ok and thanks. Meanwhile look at how other EU countries are now acting to the threat of Covid in the coming months. See my thread about ''Greece giving over 60s a monthly fine if they refuse to have the Covid vaccination'' !
Simple Man
Fresh Alias

Post by Simple Man »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:26 pm
Simple Man wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:43 pm

I am not an anti Vaxxer and have had all the covid shots including the booster. I do wonder if in the next 10 years we will see many people with side effects. At my age I didn't see any risk but for young people I do see why they may not want to be vaccinated.
What about the same people that don’t want to wear a mask either?
No excuse for that. It's not going to have side effects.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Post by Smendrick Feaselberg »

Rich Tea Wellin
MB Legend
MB Legend

Post by Rich Tea Wellin »

Smendrick Feaselberg wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:03 pm
Good to see he still isn’t funny.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Apple Wumble wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 pm
Good to see he still isn’t funny.
Tough crowd
Stowaway
Tiresome troll
Tiresome troll

Post by Stowaway »

The vaccine is only controversial if you’re a f*cking idiot.
Smendrick Feaselberg
Boardin' 24/7
Boardin' 24/7

Stowaway wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:40 pm The vaccine is only controversial if you’re a f*cking idiot.
Did you watch the video?
Loyal_Supporter
Fresh Alias

Post by Loyal_Supporter »

Permanently.
Sorry admin but as long as there is nothing hateful or offensive then surely it should not matter? Isn't a forum meant to be for people's opinions and to debate them??
Paddy
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy »

Always found JC extremely unfunny but he’s now convinced me he’s a tw*t as well. It’s the sign of a very weak comedian if you have to make fun of your audience, it’s the “cheapest” of laughs to get from the spectators.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Loyal_Supporter wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:56 pm

Permanently.
Sorry admin but as long as there is nothing hateful or offensive then surely it should not matter? Isn't a forum meant to be for people's opinions and to debate them??
Anti vax conspiracy lies are harmful, thats why it matters.
Paddy
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:36 pm
Loyal_Supporter wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:56 pm

Permanently.
Anti vax conspiracy lies are harmful, thats why it matters.
A lot of the thoughts and opinions which were referred to as “conspiracy lies/theories” in early 2020 have turned out to be true. Will you allow people back in if they get banned for a “lie” which then turns out to be true or will you give a grace period of say 2-4 months between the “lie” being told and actually going ahead with the ban?
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

What, exactly, has been proven to be true? You'd need to remind us of the "conspiracy/lie" as it was posted in early 2020 first and then explain how these have turned out to be correct.
Paddy
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy »

BoniO wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:44 pm What, exactly, has been proven to be true? You'd need to remind us of the "conspiracy/lie" as it was posted in early 2020 first and then explain how these have turned out to be correct.
Are you telling me that you need me to inform you about one example of something which was dismissed as conspiracy theories and has now happened? Are you serious? I’m not sure if you’re winding me up or if your tv has been turned off for 2 years but here you go here’s one from February this year - at the time we who said they WILL INDEED introduce them eventually were branded paranoid conspiracy loonies.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 5.html?amp
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Who was banned for saying we'd have vaccine passports?
Paddy
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy »

Prestige Worldwide wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:05 pm Who was banned for saying we'd have vaccine passports?

No one, I was responding to the previous posters request of an example of something which was once branded “conspiracy theories/loony talk/conspiracy lies” but then turned out to be true and happen indeed.
BoniO
Regular
Regular

Post by BoniO »

Paddy wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:54 pm
BoniO wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:44 pm What, exactly, has been proven to be true? You'd need to remind us of the "conspiracy/lie" as it was posted in early 2020 first and then explain how these have turned out to be correct.
Are you telling me that you need me to inform you about one example of something which was dismissed as conspiracy theories and has now happened? Are you serious? I’m not sure if you’re winding me up or if your tv has been turned off for 2 years but here you go here’s one from February this year - at the time we who said they WILL INDEED introduce them eventually were branded paranoid conspiracy loonies.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 5.html?amp
I asked for specifics because it's too easy to pick out a random topic, which may, or may not, have been ridiculed on here, and say it's now happened. I believed you meant that some of the loony tunes conspiracy theorists on here had been proven to be correct. I asked for examples of this. I haven't seen any yet.
Long slender neck
MB Legend
MB Legend

Sigh. Who 'were branded paranoid conspiracy loonies' for talking about vaccine passports?
Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Christ some of you are predictably depressing.

If you can’t distinguish what is conspiracy theory bullshit and what isn’t then you really shouldn’t be left near sharp implements.

Morons
Paddy
Fresh Alias

Post by Paddy »

I wasn’t aware we were talking solely about this forum, I haven’t been on here long enough to have that data only joined august last year (I think) I was referring to people and society in general friends family workplace etc etc.

My point stands though we’re all adults and I think we should be allowed discussion and opinions even if we do not agree it’s the only way to learn from your peers I love a discussion and I love listening to my peers opinions and thoughts.

None of us here know what’s true and what’s a lie when it comes to this matter so why not allow the conversation to flow?
Last edited by Paddy on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.